Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great headline and article, but it needs to be on some publication that does not cater towards Tesla like Teslarati or DriveTeslaCanada. While I love those pubs, we're the only ones that read them. Somehow these articles need to be featured on Barron's, Bloomberg, WSJ, or even car rags like MotorTrend or Car & Driver. How we get an advocate to feed them to those publications I don't rightly know. @Max Plaid and I have some ideas that I've communicated to Martin Viecha, but have yet to hear back. If and/or when I hear anything I'll post it here.

p.s., I invited him to come visit this forum, and Elon was copied, so be on your best behavior... as usual that is... ,;-)

Oh, gawd no! Now look what you've done!

If Elon so much as peeked into here and saw all the shameful posts and bellyaching that have no grounding in reality, this place would be forever discredited in his eyes. Just embarrassing. I hope he's too busy with actually guiding his companies in optimum directions to actually click the link and see all the embarrassing things that are posted here.

Last part of the last sentence is honestly the sincerest thing I've heard an ICE company say...

Still say the slow down in new car sales is going to focus on ICE cars. Primarily because EV cars simply arent made in enough quantity. Also as ICE manufacturers that are making EVs arent going to want to replace dwindling ICE sales with less profitable EV variants. So accelerating EV production hurts as much as it helps for them. Biggest reason for them to produce more is so that pure EV players take less overall market share of cars.

Look at the LCID ticker for today. Absolutely, normal trading behavior. 🙄

WOW! The Power of Big Oil (Saudi PIF owns a large percent of Lucid shares)

$8.68 Unchanged
CLOSED AT 4:00 PM ET ON Dec 9, 2022

LCID.2022-12-09.15-41.png

Good thing they didn't buy Tesla, wot? :p

Cheers!

Hi All

I just received the following text from Tesla regarding my upcoming delivery of model Y. We have a Y on order since about August with expected delivery window this December.

Tesla Update: Hi ###, your Model Y (RN11777*****) will be available for delivery soon.

Take delivery of your Model 3 or Model Y this month to get $3,750 toward your new vehicle.

Visit your Tesla app to track your estimated delivery timing. The price adjustment will be reflected prior to delivery.

ts.la/app”

I am wondering is this is mainly to avoid folks delaying delivery to January at expecting the IRA rebates next year. We were planning to take delivery in December anyway as we don’t expect to qualify for any EV related rebates, so are very happy to get $3750 off from Tesla.

Haven’t posted or read this forum for seven weeks now just to give myself a break. But was curious to see what other folks think of this rebate.
What I am really curious about is if you someone with a December delivery tried to push off until January what does Tesla do? Do they allow it or do they say you will move to back of the list and if price change happened you have to take at latest price.

Reactions: samn
Oh, gawd no! Now look what you've done!

If Elon so much as peeked into here and saw all the shameful posts and bellyaching that have no grounding in reality, this place would be forever discredited in his eyes. Just embarrassing. I hope he's too busy with actually guiding his companies in optimum directions to actually click the link and see all the embarrassing things that are posted here.
Doubt very seriously if Elon peeks, he's too busy and probably didn't read my soliloquy. But Martin might and as he's the head of Investor Relations, what better way to know what retail investors like us are thinking?

Because people have been saying so loudly for a year now. We've basically talked ourselves into one.
What people expect to happen isn't always a good guide to what will happen.

People expecting a recession can dampen spending and tame inflation.

Once economic managers realise inflation is no longer a treat they will adjust their plans.

The war in Ukraine was causing higher Fossil Fuel prices and inflation. Many governments have put policies in place to help cope with that.

Elon's messaging is an effort to avoid a recession.

What I am really curious about is if you someone with a December delivery tried to push off until January what does Tesla do? Do they allow it or do they say you will move to back of the list and if price change happened you have to take at latest price.

I have family that tried this. They told them take delivery of the car, or they will cancel the order and give it to someone else.

I was sure your Geno quote was going to be: "My tough times would be a dream to someone else."
This was at the end of the Seattle Times article today. The other one is great too, just not that applicable to the investing world.

Geno has pleasantly surprised the heck out of me! Pass % at 72%? Wow!

Reactions: dano-oly
I have family that tried this. They told them take delivery of the car, or they will cancel the order and give it to someone else.
Saying they will give your order to someone else isnt much of a sales push, when estimated delivery times for new orders currently in the USA are “December 2022 - March 2023” for Model Y.

Perhaps something like: “If you don’t take delivery your order will be cancelled. Be aware new orders made at a future date will not receive the current $3,750 discount for December delivery, and pricing on new orders is subject to change at any time” (Implying there is a real risk that there may be a price increase when the IRA comes into effect).

Saying they will give your order to someone else isnt much of a sales push, when estimated delivery times for new orders currently in the USA are “December 2022 - March 2023” for Model Y.

Perhaps something like: “If you don’t take delivery your order will be cancelled. Be aware new orders made at a future date will not receive the current $3,750 discount for December delivery, and pricing on new orders is subject to change at any time” (Implying there is a real risk that there may be a price increase when the IRA comes into effect).

The order was booked at a lower price point than current prices. That has some "push" to it.

The VIN for our Model Y LR was assigned on December 4th and we were given a window of December 10-12 for pick up. The next day I spoke with an advisor at our delivery location and was able to put our order on hold until January 1.

Tesla
Your Order is on Hold​
Hold until
01/01/2023

Reservation Number
RN117642408

If you are ready to take delivery, go to your Tesla Account and tap 'Remove Hold'. You will receive an update when your vehicle is available.​
2022 Tesla, Inc.
mail

Privacy & Legal

YMMV. I simply told the advisor our original delivery window when the order was placed was January-March 2023 and we were unprepared to assume the financial burden of the purchase until the first of the year.