Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is further tightening of some pretty hefty tolls right now to take a diesel car into Antwerp isn’t it or so my family says? So this is continuation of current policy not a large change as such, is what I’m trying to say.
Don't know about Antwerp, but for Brussels, diesel EURO 1 - 4 are banned from entering the city and petrol EURO 1 - 2, there are cameras reading licence-plates of cars and a €350 daily fine. The rules are being progressively tightened annually with a big change in 2025: Landing Page | Low Emission Zone

It's also the case, @NicoV correct me if I'm wrong, but Belgium has also proposed that as of 2026 only zero-emission cars will be allowed as company cars - not sure this was passed into law yet though. And as there's a huge company-car culture in Belgium - they're very tax efficient so tend to be given fairly freely rather than more hightly taxed salary - this will have quite an impact

And before anyone even says “you will be happy as a clam by the time we’re at ATH again”, let me remind them that this is not the first time TSLA has -60% on me.

Need I remind you of Covid? Post 1st split? Post SP inclusion? 2/2022? 6/2022? I wasnt mad then.

Im not mad now because of the low stock price but I am because this time we dont deserve this. We are willing to go through QT, an incoming recession, never ending lockdowns, etc… and this is what waiting for us at the end?
The hardest part to digest in all that is when Elon said during Ron Baron interview « I tried to get out of the deal. »
At least he tried.

Leo bought 500M of TSLA at $160. While Elon was selling 3.5B. Must be a pain for Leo too. At least it doesn’t seem like he is going to pivot and drop the stock, for now.

What do you mean break even? He didn't buy those shares lol.

So, you are saying that he did nothing to earn them?

Here I was thinking that building all of these companies was his idea, and that he was rewarded by Tesla under contract for meeting performance goals by working an incredible number of hours per week while revolutionizing the world.

Silly me. I'm always misunderstanding these things. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
And yet people want us to believe that Elon is playing some 4D chess and Twitter is essential for survival of humanity. I have a bridge and the river below it for sale.
Good comment. I would caution that getting out of the deal does not mean he would not just pitch a better deal. He wants the T machine.

One read could be that with the realization of orbital global internet access, one man, Murdock, will have vastly more influence through his news services. T****** offered a chance for a competing open or citizen provided information stream As a balance. YMMV.

GigaMexico?

"Tesla is set to announce its first vehicle plant in Mexico by January of next year, the news platform Milenio reported on Tuesday."

"Strategically, Santa Catarina is a seven-hour drive from Tesla’s headquarters in Austin, Texas."

GigaMexico?

"Tesla is set to announce its first vehicle plant in Mexico by January of next year, the news platform Milenio reported on Tuesday."

"Strategically, Santa Catarina is a seven-hour drive from Tesla’s headquarters in Austin, Texas."

If I had a dollar for every GigaFactory announcement rumor…..

Hey, anyone else think is time for short term leverage to the hilt for TSLA rebound to 170 or so over the next ten days?

Anyone? Anyone?

The hardest part to digest in all that is when Elon said during Ron Baron interview « I tried to get out of the deal. »
At least he tried.

Leo bought 500M of TSLA at $160. While Elon was selling 3.5B. Must be a pain for Leo too. At least it doesn’t seem like he is going to pivot and drop the stock, for now.
Maybe Leo is just holding it for a friend? 🤧

Good comment. I would caution that getting out of the deal does not mean he would not just pitch a better deal. He wants the T machine.

One read could be that with the realization of orbital global internet access, one man, Murdock, will have vastly more influence through his news services. T****** offered a chance for a competing open or citizen provided information stream As a balance. YMMV.
The board loved that 3D chess comment. It seems to me that Elon is over leveraged. When he made that comment/advice I think he knew what was coming this week. Of course someone said Elon didn't care if he sold at the low because he had so many shares it didn't matter. Judging by overnight reaction a few people here care.

Don't know about Antwerp, but for Brussels, diesel EURO 1 - 4 are banned from entering the city and petrol EURO 1 - 2, there are cameras reading licence-plates of cars and a €350 daily fine. The rules are being progressively tightened annually with a big change in 2025: Landing Page | Low Emission Zone

It's also the case, @NicoV correct me if I'm wrong, but Belgium has also proposed that as of 2026 only zero-emission cars will be allowed as company cars - not sure this was passed into law yet though. And as there's a huge company-car culture in Belgium - they're very tax efficient so tend to be given fairly freely rather than more hightly taxed salary - this will have quite an impact
About low emission zones: it’s the first time ICE cars have been completely banned from city centers.
About company cars: without going into detail of the actual tax law (summarised nicely here: Regering vergroent autofiscaliteit vanaf 1 juli 2023 - KBC Private Banking) the general principles are the following:
- ICE(or hybrid) cars bought after 1/1/2026 are not tax deductible anymore (nor any related cost like fuel, insurance, maintenance,parking…)
- ICE (or hybrid) cars bought after 1/7/2023 (i.e 6 months from now) will have their deductability gradually reduced ( 75% in 2025, down to 0% in 2028)
In practice it means that it becomes completely financially unresponsible to buy an ICE car from 2026 on, and even for cars bought after the next summer it’s financially unwise to buy an ICE car.
Many companies are already anticipating this by already phasing out ICE cars. The company my son works for has given Volvo XC40 EV’s for all the freshly graduated new hires this year.
The way this company car thing works is that there’s a list of car brands and models approved by management/accounting that employees can choose from according to their salary level. This list is updated every year or so, and not because somebody said something undesirable for some people on the internet that can be linked negatively to a certain car brand. Which is why I think there is no demand destruction for Tesla in Belgium, on the contrary, it’s the ICE vendors that will see their demand shrink in a very short period (like going to 0 in the company car market by 2026). Note that most of the new cars bought in Belgium are company cars. The private market consists mostly of second hand cars.

If I were a Tesla employee, I’d be very happy with the current stock level, because it would allow me to lock in new options at relatively low price levels. That’s under the assumption that the stock price will go up anyway in the coming years. As long as I don’t have to exercise my employee option at these relatively low levels, I’d be happy.
That applies even more to all the new employees in Texas and Berlin, who have never had the opportunity to lock in options at low prices.

If you were a new employee, this is great. I have friends at Meta / msft whose strike price was in the 250’s / 300’s who now are left holding the bag.

If you are an employee from the peak? You’re comp package is terrible especially if you need to use that money for a house or living expenses

If you were a new employee, this is great. I have friends at Meta / msft whose strike price was in the 250’s / 300’s who now are left holding the bag.

If you are an employee from the peak? You’re comp package is terrible especially if you need to use that money for a house or living expenses

I don’t know the specifics of the option package of Tesla employees, but you can typically only exercise those options after several years. And you can typically hold those options very long, like 10 years (at least that’s how it is in Europe). So I assume no Tesla employee would be able to exercise options granted in the 2020-2022 period. And older options are very deep in the money.

I don’t know the specifics of the option package of Tesla employees, but you can typically only exercise those options after several years. And you can typically hold those options very long, like 10 years (at least that’s how it is in Europe). So I assume no Tesla employee would be able to exercise options granted in the 2020-2022 period. And older options are very deep in the money.
Here many regular ol employees had options that could be exercised somewhat faster, these sorts of employees used this as part of compensation and nearly always sold as soon as possible to finance life, housing, etc. They were not likely to hold the shares.

The board loved that 3D chess comment. It seems to me that Elon is over leveraged. When he made that comment/advice I think he knew what was coming this week. Of course someone said Elon didn't care if he sold at the low because he had so many shares it didn't matter. Judging by overnight reaction a few people here care.
One view might be that EM waited until his last basket of options was in the bag and rewarding news was about to come BEFORE selling. Good news will soothe the hard feelings. News better be pretty good of course to distract from the dumpster fire in many accounts as we go into the holidays.

One view might be that EM waited until his last basket of options was in the bag and rewarding news was about to come BEFORE selling. Good news will soothe the hard feelings. News better be pretty good of course to distract from the dumpster fire in many accounts as we go into the holidays.

OR, he knows bad news is coming and he sold before said negativity drops the share price even lower.

Both options are possible, the truth is we have no idea WHY he sold now, at what seems like the worst possible time to do so. We can only speculate until time reveals the answers to us.