Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the much-discussed visit of Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk to the state of Nuevo León in October, Tesla is set to announce its first vehicle plant in Mexico by January of next year, the news platform Milenio reported on Tuesday.

“Tesla will arrive in Santa Catarina [Nuevo León]. The investment will be finalized in the coming weeks and announced after year end,” read the document that Milenio reviewed. The remarks are in line with hints dropped by Nuevo León’s governor earlier this month; Governor Samuel García said that “historic” investments — supposedly among the largest in the state’s history — would be coming to Nuevo León soon.

The plant, which according to Milenio will assemble cargo trucks, would be built in a strategic quadrant in the municipality of Santa Catarina, near kilometer 51 of the Monterrey-Saltillo highway and 38 minutes away from downtown Monterrey, Nuevo León.
So this is where the Semi gets built?

The Form 4 has trades for 3 days - Monday, Tues & Weds

No, three days are in the reporting

View attachment 885259
Ya'll, My fault for being too terse, but I didn't say there weren't...

FWIW, today was only the Form 4 deadline for Monday's trades.
Historically, he's sold in blocks of three days and filed all simultaneously.
Plus, roundish share count.
I know there are three days worth of trades in there, thus "Monday's".
If he were going for four, he could have filled only for Monday and done a triple tonight.
That there were 3 days included was my second point toward him being done.

How are Semi’s built in Mexico going to benefit from IRA subsidies?

Or, for that matter, how are any vehicles built in Mexico going to benefit?

Just assume i’m stupid and i’ve missed something but wasn’t the whole point ‘built in the USA’?
Most of the IRA applies to North America not just the USA.

Ridicule people who buy and hold & defend those who sell. Classy. Whats next? Gonna ask me if I got margin called?
many are hurting right now and frankly quite frustrating the way Elon has decided to go about this the past year .

Some of us bought into TSLA pre pre split when TSLA was below 20 and some below 100. I got in below 150 , this group is minuscule in comparison to the many many more here who got in at much higher valuation.
Every investor is essential for tesla to succeed no matter at what price they got in.
I personally wouldn’t disparage someone who got in at higher valuation and currently upset to see their portfolio under water .
People who got in below 20 are more like gamblers and took a shot at the company when not many knew about it and whether it would succeed or not.it’s their lotto ticket .

People who got in later at higher valuations have had time to learn and study and got in due to the strong fundamentals of the company and belief in the management team . While the fundamentals of the company are stronger than ever and will keep improving , the management team including the BOD has been less than stellar .these late investors are the gutsy ones and need to be appreciated and not disparaged or talked down. I can count on fingers , a select few here who got in early and now lecture others regarding HODLing .

We need each of you
Investors to keep the mission going .

Elon has the right to do what he seems prudent with his shares . One thing for sure is he doesn’t care for the price or the investors . He has many a times in the past told everyone to buy the dips and went on to dig sink holes . My faith in him has shaken , not for selling his shares but the increased political leaning rants and peddling conspiracy theories , and I am neither right or left leaning . I am a man of science and have zero respect for conspiracy theory peddlers.

Thanks! How long can you typically hold those options before they expire?
Lets be clear, these arent necessarily options like LEAPs. These are Restricted Stock Units, big difference because they dont expire, they just vest. When I receive my employer RSU's as stock, I will typically sell them when the strike price is at the same price or higher than the current share price. I could choose to hold them forever. Some people have gotten very wealthy this way. In this macro env? I am selling to get every penny I am owed.

If I were in a worker at Tesla's shoes, I wouldnt be selling unless I absolutely needed the money. In theory, TSLA should get back to ATH at some point....

How are Semi’s built in Mexico going to benefit from IRA subsidies?

Or, for that matter, how are any vehicles built in Mexico going to benefit?

Just assume i’m stupid and i’ve missed something but wasn’t the whole point ‘built in the USA’?
For USA market, yes. But semis are needed outside, too.

I believe over the last couple months Elon is no 3D, 4D, hell 2D chess master. He took over Twitter and went about the transition so poorly that pushed downward pressure on TSLA stock and consumer sentiment, and I am sorry no real debate on that, and then had to sell into that downward pressure pushing TSLA down even further so that he had to sell even more. It doesnt take a Harvard Law School graduate to know how he should have done things differently and I am not even talking about the actions, I am talking even more so the communication. His unforced errors are killer and has hurt TSLA and people.

July 2023

Musk has continued to sell shares every month, bringing his % ownership of Tesla down to 1%.

TSLA has gone from underperforming macros by 30% to 90%. Share price has reached Gordon Johnson's target.

Chicken Little was a genius afterall.

@Artful Dodger is still trying to convince people it was the "market-manipulators" fault.

@dl003 wakes up every morning pre-market and stares in the mirror for 5 minutes anti-hyping himself: "you know nothing Jon Snow".

The Selling Options thread has been abandoned and barred up. Anyone who was even near a scent of leverage has been wiped out, now gone and forgotten.

@Gigapress is still plotting random scatter plots trying to convince people there's no market effect of Musk dumping all his shares.

There are no more mentions of couches. There are no more mentions of buying stock at all.

The Investor's thread is now an entire wasteland. The mods have left. Everyone was forced to pack up and move their families to Alaska much to @AudubonB 's chagrin.

Total capitulation.

Then absolute silence.

But then..

A single flower blooms in a field of desolation.

A Cybertruck traverses a flooding river and saves a trapped family.

A Megapack saves expensive medical equipment from breaking down during a hurricane.

An elderly lady in need of immediate medical help is able to have her Model Y drive itself to the ER.

Hope is reborn.

I believe over the last couple months Elon is no 3D, 4D, hell 2D chess master. He took over Twitter and went about the transition so poorly that pushed downward pressure on TSLA stock and consumer sentiment, and I am sorry no real debate on that, and then had to sell into that downward pressure pushing TSLA down even further so that he had to sell even more. It doesnt take a Harvard Law School graduate to know how he should have done things differently and I am not even talking about the actions, I am talking even more so the communication. His unforced errors are killer and has hurt TSLA and people.

Ever think the FUD MSM Press who was already on a negative slant w/Tesla and EM in general might have just a little to do with it?

Asking for a friend.

I was thinking last night that Wall Street has been purposefully pushing TSLA lower (and holding it there) since Elon bought Twitter. TSLA had settled down (along with most other stocks) around ~300 a share until Elon pushed forward. Once this happened, Wall Street knew Elon had to sell shares and would likely sell them on the open market. Wall street did the same math that we did and figured out he needed a ton of coin for the purchase. Cue the huge pushdown. They want shares on the cheap.

Why are we still there now? Other large tech companies have mostly recovered or bottomed out in this macro. Wall street is pissed at Elon for not playing by their rules and instead selling on the open market, not through the dark pools or pre arranged sales via Morgan Stanley/Goldman.

My gut tells me that the emergency board room meeting for Tesla on Sunday and again on Tuesday were as follows. Sunday, Elon tells the board he is selling on Monday. Tuesday the board tells Elon that he cant sell this way anymore because it is crushing the stock, investors, employees, etc.

I dont care that Elon sells, I care that he has some beef with Wall Street and thinks he can outsmart them. Wall street has hundreds of PHD mathematicians and Billions of dollars. He might have burnt them in 2019 with the greatest short burn ever, but they are enacting revenge on him now and hes been backed into a corner.

I dont know when this ship turns around and the stock has a green day, but Wall Street is out for blood and Elon is in their crosshairs.

If I had a dollar for every GigaFactory announcement rumor…..

Hey, anyone else think is time for short term leverage to the hilt for TSLA rebound to 170 or so over the next ten days?

Anyone? Anyone?
So some hope we have left is the fact that all the $150 puts expire this Friday, which means that for shorts to realize profits, they will have to sell those (and other) puts which should create positive pressure on TSLA's price.