Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The congestion in the car terminal of Zeebrugge is even increasing:
ICO is now prioritising their best customers. I hope that includes Tesla.

M3 Inventory in my neck of woods (25 miles radius)has gone down from 16 to 11 ... over past week
so either there were no duplicates for the same build or all duplicates also got sold as well ;)
Yes it would seem as if people are still buying despite all the FUD and teeth gnashing coming from the “I support the current thing” crowd.

FWIW the Model Y is now the best selling car overall in the Netherlands for December.

With still one boat on the way I’m pretty confident it will stay that way.

Found some nice pics on the web to boost morale:

View attachment 887078View attachment 887079
What a nice color! Like a Terminator Chrome look. I can't imagine how red will look. Now everyone's gonna want an upgrade. Who's gonna want flat or glitter paint anymore? Seriously, are there no known plans to upgrade paint shops in the US for that 7 layer dip?

This definitely brings in new sales overseas with existing customers already. Are they exporting to US maybe? Somebody?

What a nice color! Like a Terminator Chrome look. I can't imagine how red will look. Now everyone's gonna want an upgrade. Who's gonna want flat or glitter paint anymore? Seriously, are there no known plans to upgrade paint shops in the US for that 7 layer dip?

This definitely brings in new sales overseas with existing customers already. Are they exporting to US maybe? Somebody?
Buy CT, and you get the color for free;) no cost for TSLA as well :)

Buy CT, and you get the color for free;) no cost for TSLA as well :)
1671548188418.jpeg

Even this gold one in California is gonna want 3d paint. So how much is shipping?

No sorry, I may have been unclear with my words.
Elon still has 423m shares and another 304m coming with the 2018 award options.
What I was referring to is the 2012 ceo award options.
Elon exercised them in 2021 and picked up 68.5m shares at $344 but sold half of them in 2021 and the rest I 2022.
These shares were sold at a loss since they have a cost basis of $344.
Gary is assuming all of the loss for 2022 but I estimate about half the loss was taken in 2021 and half in 2022.
So this is why Gary estimates that Elon has a tax loss in 2022 and I estimate that Elon has a $2b tax bill. (edited $2b in taxes not $2m)

Probably a better strategy for him to sell shares in the money along with a corresponding amount of shares with a loss cost basis so the gains are wiped out.