Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's amazing is the timing for Elon selling right when the market bounced recently, preventing TSLA from participating. If not for that, we would have gotten the bounce.
Shorts were piling in even before Elon sold recently, like right after Q3 earnings they smelled blood and started building their fat short positions. Elon's selling did encourage the shorts to pile in more, though.

What other thread? Have I been missing out for years?

Shorts have a great opportunity to get out while TSLA is down -70% off all time high $414.47
when, and not if, inevitable snap back rally comes, likely to be very painful to shorts
It's mostly shorting via puts for the moment, making the MM's do the selling on their behalf, the risk is low, especially as the put-walls go ITM every week recently

But at some point people will look and realise how cheap the stock is, and other folks will start buying calls, forcing the MM's to Delta hedge the other way and maybe Gamma squeezing back up at some point

For me, I'm 60% down from ATH portfolio and 50% down for 2022, but still up around 20x on initial investments bought 2016-2019, so it's all relative

What to do form here? I did contamplate selling 50% of my stock as a risk mitigation, but refuse to at these prices. I will be selling safe CC's to keep me sane and bring in some beer-money...

Last edited:
My current trading strategy is now to apply for jobs. I can't know how long this nonsense will last, I've had a year off from employment, and I have passed my level of safety margin on liquid wealth outside tax-advantaged retirement accounts. I would much rather be aggressively buying than selling right now. I will pause posting or reading here probably for at least a week.
It's truly a shame. The readers on TMC would prefer that you had more free time to create the valuable insightful posts that we've come to enjoy. But I understand and the timing of the world and powerful and greedy WS types have created a perfect storm that is impacting almost everyone on this thread. No one could have seen all the negative catalysts in 2022, nor predicted how they would perfectly feed off each other forcing us beyond anyone besides GJ's wildest dreams. I hope things turn around for you and everyone on TMC that supports what I still consider an amazing company and investment. Good luck to all!

As painful as it was, I sold 7% at $145 to potentially shore up my SBLOC balance. I’m OK as long as we don’t fall another 65%, but the way things are going…

At least it will help with taxes. After wash sale lockout, I’ll reevaluate whether to buy back in or pay off some of the loan.

Never fails. All of 7 cars left in inventory here in the PNW, one of which has almost everything I want (a blue YLR with 20" wheels) and even with FSD added is unbelievably inexpensive with the $7,500 discount, and now I can't afford to sell the shares needed to buy it.

Damn...
Same here in Tampa, FL - this morning saw the discount and was going to trade my Plaid in for a Model 3 P - 6 in stock (Red / White interior) at 9:30 am....
Went to a meeting and logged back on to make the puchase at 11am and they were all gone. Now only SR 3's in the State of Florida.
That's quick...