Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wowsers, avg pre-Market vol so far this week's been 10.9M shares. :D

BTW, that's yuge! Plus 4.1M at the Opening Cross today!

View attachment 889976

And nothing happening on the shortz front either ;)
Thinking the red below is them exiting puts. 🤷‍♂️

1672326730475.png

Demand problem? All hands on deck to deliver cars on time. Has anything changed with Tesla's fundamentals? Yes ...

Sadly Rob Maurer was still saying even yesterday on his Tesla Daily podcast that he can't see any way that the situation in China could be due to anything except a drop in demand. SMH.

Rob worked so hard to be "open-minded" that his brains fell out his ears. It's not a demand problem, it's noise, and that greatly amplified by the Financial Media and (sadly again), social media influencers like Rob himself.

So I don't watch his podcast Daily anymore (ironic?) and that's his loss, while I'm time ahead each time while he praddles on for 2-3 minutes on the same topic without ever reaching a conclusion.

Oh well, move along...

Demand problem? All hands on deck to deliver cars on time. My son asked me to pick up a key replacement for his Mini Cooper. It was at the BMW parts department. I had to walk through the sales dept to get to the parts dept. Sales guys were all sitting around doing nothing . .when I walked in they all smiled at a prospective customer. When they realized I was cutting through to get to Parts, they frowned (and likely went back to solitaire).
And according to Ford these guys are costing $2-3K per car. Probably more for BMW. For me they have never added any value to the transaction.

I would like some good macro news before I go digging in the garden of my new house for gold to buy more shares with.

The challenge is once we get good news it is usually too late. Like the examples @TrendTrader007 posted a few days ago...you miss a few good days in the market and you miss a good portion of the gains.

I agree - but it also depends on what you have to buy in with. If you have dry powder set aside for this then it's different from my situation where I only have money set aside for financing a new Model S. At some point I could buy TSLA and risk delaying the Model S. But I am not there yet.

Is it time for new Compensation Package for Musk?

As shareholders, we are beneficiaries of Musk's work that we are no longer paying for. Heck, is he even getting minimum wage still? So why are so many of us bothered by his Twitter work? How much uncompensated work do the rest of us do at Tesla while complaining?

With that thought, and the historic correlation between Musk's compensation packages and TSLA stock price, I think that it is time for a new big package.
It has been established that many just don't get it very much like Gordno Jonhson and similar tools. They just follow the media.

Reactions: Olle
Is it time for new Compensation Package for Musk?

As shareholders, we are beneficiaries of Musk's work that we are no longer paying for. Heck, is he even getting minimum wage still? So why are so many of us bothered by his Twitter work? How much uncompensated work do the rest of us do at Tesla while complaining?

With that thought, and the historic correlation between Musk's compensation packages and TSLA stock price, I think that it is time for a new big package.
More shares ;) for playing 3D chess;)

Is this another lie?

Yes, lie/ wrong.
The margin agreement expired before purchase.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1494730/000110465922064655/tm2216931d1_sc13da.htm

Item 4 of the Schedule 13D is hereby amended by adding the following:

As previously disclosed, on April 25, 2022, an affiliate of the Reporting Person (the “Margin Loan Borrower”) received a commitment letter (the “Margin Loan Commitment Letter”) from Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and certain other financial institutions party thereto (collectively, the “Margin Loan Commitment Parties”) pursuant to which the Margin Loan Commitment Parties committed to provide the Margin Loan Borrower up to $12.5 billion in margin loans to fund a portion of the merger consideration contemplated by the Merger Agreement (the “Merger Consideration”).

On May 4, 2022, the Reporting Person allowed a portion of the margin loan commitments contemplated by the Margin Loan Commitment Letter to expire, and, after giving effect to such expiration, the Margin Loan Commitment Parties remained committed to provide the Margin Loan Borrower with up to $6.25 billion in margin loans to fund a portion of the Merger Consideration. Concurrently with the foregoing reduction in margin loan commitments, the Reporting Person committed to provide an additional $6.25 billion in equity financing to fund a portion of the Merger Consideration by amending and restating the Amended Equity Commitment Letter, dated as of April 25, 2022, to increase the aggregate principle amount of the equity commitment thereunder to $27.25 billion.

On May 24, 2022, the Reporting Person allowed the remainder of the margin loan commitments contemplated by the Margin Loan Commitment Letter to expire, at which time the Margin Loan Commitment Letter and the commitments thereunder terminated. Concurrently with the foregoing, the Reporting Person committed to provide an additional $6.25 billion in equity financing to fund a portion of the Merger Consideration by amending and restating the Amended Equity Commitment Letter, dated as of May 4, 2022, to increase the aggregate principle amount of the equity commitment thereunder to $33.5 billion (the “May 24 Equity Commitment Letter”).

Sadly Rob Maurer was still saying even yesterday on his Tesla Daily podcast that he can't see any way that the situation in China could be due to anything except a drop in demand. SMH.

Rob worked so hard to be "open-minded" that his brains fell out his ears. It's not a demand problem, it's noise, and that greatly amplified by the Financial Media and (sadly again), social media influencers like Rob himself.

So I don't watch his podcast Daily anymore (ironic?) and that's his loss, while I'm time ahead each time while he praddles on for 2-3 minutes on the same topic without ever reaching a conclusion.

Oh well, move along...
I happen to trust Rob a lot, watch him still, but some conclusions don't always turn out. I'm the king of examples there. Have you ever drawn wrong conclusions, then posted it here?

I do think this China noise was orchestrated as a head fake (rumor allowed to fester), and delivered intentionally to catch shortz off guard. And it worked to a degree, Reuters helped a lot. I also think more is in store for us.

Oh well, move along...

Knowing how Rob is, I'm hoping he corrects his error once he understands it. Hopefully.