Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all of you asking for free or reduced price 3rd row in the Model Y did you know it lowers the range of the vehicle?

Those of us waiting for a SR/SR+/MR whatever cheaper shorter range Model Y want lower price not more seats.
What do you expect Tesla to do about it? Wave a wand and unF*** the government policy?

We don’t know what Tesla’s response to this is but this chaos isn’t their doing.

However, I do know about one breakthrough that is coming soon, which analysts and bears and whiners are generally ignoring. We are days away from the ramping release of FSD Beta 11 and the unleashing of Dojo (unless the latter happened already).

As I may have mentioned before, FSD will change everything. I know many folks understandably won't believe it unless they see it, but let me warn y'all again: Hang onto your heinies.
LOL - I thought you were on to something real.

Wake me up when they crack 1 disengagement per 100 miles (let alone 1 in 10,000 they need for L4/robotaxi).

Those of us waiting for a SR/SR+/MR whatever cheaper shorter range Model Y want lower price not more seats.
We didn’t buy the Y because of high lease price. I’m actually surprised so many are still buying Y at the high prices. Tesla needs lower priced models to continue increasing volume. There are only so many people who can afford 65k+ cars.

Here are a couple I posted about in that other thread. There are many more. These are just exemplars.
Elon lies about Ukraine aid.
Elon lies about Fauci.
I haven't seen any lies about Tesla or his other businesses, although you'll see many people claim he's been lying about FSD since day one. Personally, I believe he's just overoptimistic on that topic.

If you want to include Elon's constant amplification of lies where he just says "Wow!" or "!!" or memes for 100% and on target, well then there are hundreds.

If you can't see this, well, you should have your vision checked. And if Elon believes that his credibility regarding Tesla isn't affected by his constant lying about political topics, he's incredibly naive.
What lies? The tweet about Ukraine aid started with "No oversight!?" with a question mark, then he said "That sounds as fishy as...", he's not at all making this a certainty, instead he's raising a question. And the Fauci tweet looks correct to me based on Wikipedia (I have no prior knowledge about this), if it's wrong then it's an easy to make mistake, not a lie.

And if you think these are lies, then Fauci also lied about not needing Mask for covid, and Biden also lied about GM leading electrification, so what's your point?

Here are a couple I posted about in that other thread. There are many more. These are just exemplars.
Elon lies about Ukraine aid.
Elon lies about Fauci.
I haven't seen any lies about Tesla or his other businesses, although you'll see many people claim he's been lying about FSD since day one. Personally, I believe he's just overoptimistic on that topic.

If you want to include Elon's constant amplification of lies where he just says "Wow!" or "!!" or memes for 100% and on target, well then there are hundreds.

If you can't see this, well, you should have your vision checked. And if Elon believes that his credibility regarding Tesla isn't affected by his constant lying about political topics, he's incredibly naive.

Even yesterday, one of the right wing accounts he regularly amplifies (catturd), mocked electric vehicles and implied that they could not be environmentally friendly. Elon managed a very feeble “Hey!!” Response to that. That is crap. As Tesla CEO, he needs to denounce nonsense like that, especially since he was the one amplifying that account to millions of other people. “ Hey!!” Is totally insufficient and a disservice to Tesla shareholders.

Last edited:
Well I think most of the previous few posts are are in the wrong thread.

For me it is simple - is Tesla hitting the top of the Model 3/Y demand curve (including competitive ramps) or not.

If they are I believe there are alot of levers to be pulled - advertising, pricing, geographic expansion for instance.

If they are not then it is a question of production. Which seems to be ramping very very well.

What do you expect Tesla to do about it? Wave a wand and unF*** the government policy?

We don’t know what Tesla’s response to this is but this chaos isn’t their doing.

I expect them to reintroduce a $40k version like they had in the past. See that blue line hanging around in early 2021?

With a $7500 toss on top you can call it $48,000 and it'll still basically be a $40k after rebate. Still gives me 6k leeway to put my choice of color on and even a tow hitch if I want and slide under the $55k limit.

You can cuss all you want about it but more level headed people have already discussed how pricing is likely to come down. I won't be going over it with you.

1672726478269.png

Last edited:
No bro, he said there's no confirmation bias here....lol.

'Everybody gangsta until they get punched in the mouth.' - Mike Tyson

Lee was trying to beat the market, buying LEAPS with leverage, without hedges, during a bear market ('cuz he smart).

No wonder he got wiped out with margerine calls. Now he's bitter, broke, and has a patreon... What could go wrong next, I wonder?

Was this thread posted yet? This is an accountant who specializes in compliance issues. Suggests raising the Model Y 1.8” would make it compliant even though the approach angle would be too high, you only need to comply with 4 of the 5 criteria.

Personally, I think an off road package for the Model Y would be massively popular regardless. It is probably the biggest thing which would make me trade in my current one. Obviously there would be a big range hit, but I think a lot of people would consider this an upgrade and pay more for it. 1 inch of suspension lift plus some bigger tires would probably be enough.

I expect them to reintroduce a $40k version like they had in the past. See that blue line hanging around in early 2021?

With a $7500 toss on top you can call it $48,000 and it'll still basically be a $40k after rebate. Still gives me 6k to put my choice of color on and even a tow hitch if I want and slide under the $55k limit.

You can cuss all you want about it but more level headed people have already discussed how pricing is likely to come down. I won't be going over it with you.

View attachment 891704
I totally agree. Though I think it’s unlikely it would sell for $40,000 at this point. More likely is probably the Model Y AWD for $55k or the Model Y SR reintroduced at $55k.

I commented the way I did because you were whining about losing 4 miles of range as if that was meaningful.

The last thing Tesla wants to do is to appear to be more like legacy auto in the eyes of consumers. The last thing they want to be seen doing is spending millions of dollars during a Superbowl. Bad optics.

There's still a chance that the Vegas Loop will be operational in time for the Superbowl. That would be a huge coup if people were talking at half-time about how they got to the stadium, and the cool car they rode in for the first time ('have you been in one yet, they're soo cool').

I totally agree. Though I think it’s unlikely it would sell for $40,000 at this point. More likely is probably the Model Y AWD for $55k or the Model Y SR reintroduced at $55k.

I commented the way I did because you were whining about losing 4 miles of range as if that was meaningful.
I fully expect pricing to stair step down just like it stair stepped up. But they have to bring back a lower trim or do something more drastic to get under the limit. I figure the lower trim is killing two birds with one stone...

I commented on the 4 miles of range as an aside, "did you know", but I guess you've never heard the phrase before.

Interesting observation on posts from my LinkedIn contacts at Tesla for the past few days. There is a wave of incredibly upbeat and even emotional posts from insiders that remind me the uber-bullish mood I shared last time in October 2019 in this thread just prior to the amazing TSLA runup. Of course they are not sharing anything, but they must know something is up.

Giga Montréal, n'est pas? ;)