Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible fire sale property buy for Tesla?
If discussing BritishVolt - vapourware only I believe. 300 employees - really unsure what they did - linkedIn suggest some Battery Engineers & Scientists joined June-September 2022. No info on engineering, products, very iffy. Tesla shouldn't waste a second on it.

What is the actual distribution for customers who :

Would buy PLAID 3/Y?
Would buy 500 mile range 3/Y

For plaid 3/Y, Tesla wants people to buy S/X Plaid.

For 500 mile range, we might see an option eventually.
I'd personally prefer range. In bad or winter weather, it's not uncommon to lose 1/3rd of range (or more, but that's rare, and assume the newer heat-pump cars are less impacted). That makes it an honest 350+ mile car even in bad weather.

Besides even the non-perf versions best anything in it's class by good margin...

Last edited:
If discussing BritishVolt - vapourware only I believe. 300 employees - really unsure what they did - linkedIn suggest some Battery Engineers & Scientists joined June-September 2022. No info on engineering, products, very iffy. Tesla shouldn't waste a second on it.
I was thinking of the building and property.

I was thinking of the building and property.
Ah, planned only. Doesn't exist. Construction was delayed until 2025 (Aug 2022 company announcement).

Hence the funny face. Laughing at BritishVolt & the tons of UK publicity they had, not you. It would seem logical with the hype, money spent that something should exist.

What is the actual distribution for customers who :

Would buy PLAID 3/Y?
I'd guess lots and lots of people.
Would buy 500 mile range 3/Y
With the increasing proliferation of chargers fast and slow, I guess few people. I've done some multi 1000 mile trips in my Y and its barely enough as it is. 400 would be my sweet spot. You guys who are adventuring and towing in cold climates would buy the 500, I am sure, but you are maybe not that many?
For plaid 3/Y, Tesla wants people to buy S/X Plaid.
There should be a nice middle ground for 3/Y Plaid between 3/Y P and S/X Plaid, without cannibalizing the S/X Plaid too much, no? Also couldn't it be called Ludicrous to save the Plaid name for the McDaddy cars?
For 500 mile range, we might see an option eventually.
Agreed, eventually.

Last edited:
I'd guess lots and lots of people.

With the increasing proliferation of chargers fast and slow, I guess few people. I've done some multi 1000 mile trips in my Y and its barely enough as it is. 400 would be my sweet spot. You guys who are adventuring and towing in cold climates would buy the 500, I am sure, but you are maybe not that many?

There should be a nice middle ground between 3/Y P and 3/Y Plaid, without cannibalizing too much and the S/X Plaid, no? Also couldn't it be called Ludicrous to save the Plaid name for the McDaddy cars?

Agreed, eventually.
Don't forget that 500 miles also lets you camp in a non-charging area for quite a while. There's no such thing as too much range as long as the weight is reasonable.

I'd personally prefer range. In bad or winter weather, it's not uncommon to lose 1/3rd of range (or more, but that's rare, and assume the newer heat-pump cars are less impacted). That makes it an honest 350+ mile car even in bad weather.

Besides even the non-perf versions best anything in it's class by good margin...
Those of us pulling trailers would love a 450 mile model Y. Even 420.

Nice, short interview of JB Straubel (with his thoughts on averting climate change) by MIT Technology Review:

Edit:

"I generally don’t think we’re going fast enough. I don’t think anyone is. You know, I do have this sense of paranoia and urgency and almost—not exactly—panic. That’s not helpful.

But I guess it really derives from a deep feeling that I don’t believe we’re appropriately internalizing how bad climate change is going to be. So I guess I have this anxiety and fear that it’s going to get a whole lot worse than I think most people are expecting."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothingburger IMO. I thought it was obvious and common knowledge that this was a proof of concept demonstration. In fact I think we talked about it at the very time on this forum. Anyone who thought that video meant FSD was right around the corner had their head in the sand.
The video in isolation wasn't suggesting that, it's the confluence of the video + tweets + statements in interviews etc that paint the full picture and remain a risk for the company. Some of it precedes the video, 2015 is when companies started started going ham with their autonomy hopes and dreams.

Here's one good timeline of everything up to early 2022, but this won't be new to anyone who has followed this stuff very closely over the years

It is getting ugly. Per many charts posted around here, Honda has lost most sales lately.

Frustrating;’ Wife of Honda employee says they’re under threat of eviction after short paychecks

Source

Sounds like just some sort of payroll software glitch. At least the article didn't make any connection between this issue and declining sales/revenue.

Sounds like just some sort of payroll software glitch. At least the article didn't make any connection between this issue and declining sales/revenue.
F57565D8-E5DC-4894-9098-C157E81A9187.gif