Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's just bad form to wish that.
F0276861-D5A9-454B-A30E-C48F91C5A8D0.jpeg

033B5C58-4F1E-40B9-A131-F2C56ABC1153.jpeg

That's just bad form to wish that.
Sounds like a very logical thought to me. Seems crazy we aren't allowed to wish for better buying opportunities. This isn't the options thread. I guess just bad form for posting such an obvious post. Kind of like this post right now that I'm writing. And unfortunately posting 🤣

Why is this the first I've heard about this?

WTF are there only 4 likes??? How can this not be worth the time of almost everyone here to take a day or two to head to their local SEC office and try to make some sort of statement?
Not sure. Either folks don't believe in the effort, don't think this will ever change, or maybe don't like the sources of the information? Seems to me that an event like this might be the ONLY way to get the attention needed for change.

Sounds like a very logical thought to me. Seems crazy we aren't allowed to wish for better buying opportunities. This isn't the options thread. I guess just bad form for posting such an obvious post. Kind of like this post right now that I'm writing. And unfortunately posting 🤣
Based on the reactions to my post, I've realized some people are simply holding on to so much that a price drop would be too heart-wrenching. I should've taken this into account when posting. Don't mean to wish harm on anybody.

I'd gladly pay $80K for a bare-bones Model Y with 500 miles (804 km) of range so I could do some actual towing work with it.

Unfortunately (or more likely, by design), there's not an ready, in-the-parts-bin option to build a 500 mile range Model Y. Perhaps the becomes possible with Gen-3 4680 cells, but ~375 Wh/kg is needed. That's years off (Elon said ~400 WH/kg enables electric jets).

On the other hand, the hypothetical Model 3 Plaid I referred to upthread can be added to production quickly, built with already available parts simply by tweeting the supply chain. I suspect that gross margins on a Plaid Model 3 would be extremely attractive. So that's my interest for a new announcement in the near term, to help smooth out 2023 gross margins.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Unfortunately (or more likely, by design), there's not an ready, in-the-parts-bin option to build a 500 mile range Model Y (perhaps with Gen 3 of the 4680 cells, but need > 375 Wh/kg cells).

BTW, are you doing these regular 500 mile trips away from the Supercharger network? If so, dragging around more batteries than you need is SLOWING your trip (increased energy consumption requires more time charging). As you mentioned, if 500-mile Cybertuck qualifies for the IRA subsidy, it will tow like hot cakes... ;)

On the other hand, the hypothetical Model 3 Plaid I referred to upthread can be added to production quickly, built with already available parts simply by tweeting the supply chain. I suspect that gross margins on a Plaid Model 3 would be extremely attractive. So that's my interest for a new announcement in the near term, to help smooth out 2023 gross margins.

Cheers!
Consumption often doubles and in some cases triples while towing.

500 can become 170-250 in a hurry, that sound a little more reasonable?

Reactions: Drumheller