Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And here comes Barron’s with another headline in case you missed their first 2…
Someone is feeling the heat!
Getting those hairs burned…

3543AB53-5216-4C2E-B639-6583627508F9.jpeg

Bolt and Bolt EUV are selling like hotcakes right now. Shame there's a 6 month wait, otherwise they could make a bunch of money on them.
I don't get it. I almost bought one last fall, when they were selling for $27k, which was what my 10 year old model S was worth. Now the Bolt EUV's are selling for $40k+ and my S is probably worth $20k. I bailed on it, when I realized the trunk space can barely fit anything. Honestly, why would anyone buy one when the Model 3 is about the same price.

MODS: If there is a better thread for this discussion, please feel free to move.

I have been following the Tesla energy/megapack XL story and it sounds incredible. One of @Zerosumgame33 (the main proponent of this thesis on Twitter), has been saying that switching to LFP chemistry for stationary storage will reduce costs. However, in the recent Giga Nevada announcement, Tesla has said that the factory will produce 4680's that will be used in stationary storage.

However, I remember somewhere that Elon has said the 4680's would not use LFPs. So, has Tesla's strategy changed regarding LFP and 4680 or is this a potential flaw in the bullish case for Tesla energy?

The TE story sounds too good to be true which fuels my inherent skepticism but I'd like to have better/concrete reasons for supporting or disputing the bull case.

It's funny how this thread should be very positive and active right now, but only 2 posts in the last 20 minutes....everyone is afraid to "jinx" it. I miss the bolder, braver outlook of yore! 😉
I'm bored of watching the ticker, will get excited again after we get over the all time high once more, until then, Meh...

Last edited:
Nothing like advertising cars you can't buy if you wanted to. Been flooded with GM EV ads (Silverado, Equinox, Blazer) for months on streaming channels.
Advertising of prototypes is easy, production is hard, charging is harder, and recalls are a beach...

While I'm all for accelerating the rise of EV's, I think GM is going to have a tough time going forward, especially with their announcement that they're not going to reduce prices. All of the BEV's they're introducing will be in expensive and out of the hands of many folks in the US and Canada. Plus, if they are able to make 200,000 in the next year and a half, I will be surprised.

2024 will be a telling year and I bet Munro and crew will be quite busy dissecting GM's follies... if they can even get a few to tear apart that is!

Strange world where TSLA just beginning to recover from a 2-year low while...

Shell profits double to record $40 billion

(excerpt....ExxonMobil this week posted record full-year earnings of $59.1 billion. Last month, Chevron (CVX)reported a record full-year profit of $36.5 billion.)

Wonder if my last natural gas bill being 3X higher than it's EVER been is in anyway related to this? (BTW, while I live in mild weather Southern California, my last monthly natural gas bill was $350. Even in the winter it's barely ever exceeded $100!)
We switched our oil furnace to a high efficiency heat pump over a year ago. Saving at least a couple thousand a year on heat and the A/C is running less cost as well. Hopefully these crazy increases are driving more people to electric devices including EVs even faster.

This is what happens when you don't have a structural battery:

However, the most interesting thing about this story is the mainstream media's coverage of it as noted by DriveTeslaCanada:

An interesting side note to this accident is how it is being covered by mainstream media, which shows their inherent bias against Tesla. A review of headlines reveals none of the coverage so far mention Audi by name, and instead use the word “EV” to reference the battery pack being ejected from the car. Although we can never be certain, we are pretty sure that if a Tesla was involved that would be included in all of the headlines.{/QUOTE]