Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it be possible for Tesla to use the same front/rear castings on the new vehicle(s) as they do with the Y (and soon to be 3)? Just adjust the center component/structural pack to longer or shorter.
For a company who invented the Octovalve, they could probably do this as easy as changing a flat tire.

If Google, Apple and Amazon kill it tonight then they won't have a choice.
After hours today will pretty much determine whether the Nasdaq goes up 7% to 13k or down 7% to 11,400. I'd put money on the latter happening...which is actually healthier for the market in the longer term. Either way, the market and TSLA especially are due for a decent size correction here in order to take a healthy next leg higher.

Some of the moves here in the marker are rather ridiculous. Microsoft is up 5% since earnings. It now has a P/E of 29......Microsoft showed a 14% DECLINE in net income for the quarter and not great guidance. The market is getting ahead of itself and the worst thing investors can do is get FOMO, go back on margin or play near term calls, get caught in a market reversal and then amplify the sell off by getting margin called

Looks to be tracking along with the nasdaq today. Screenshot_20230202-150239.png

Even on a heat pump, 98% of the year is great - but I'm finding a need to run it consistently throughout the day during near/at freezing temperatures. The heat pump I got (Carrier) doesn't work as well as a gas furnace during these freezing temps (specifically in the mornings to ramp up from 64 degrees to 70) and I'm looking into insulation to cover for the inefficiency.

Really wish Tesla sold a home heat pump.

Pointing out how deficient your Carrier heat pump is in cold weather is like pointing out how a Ford Lightning is a pain to charge on road trips. You can get a lot better cold-weather heat pumps from Japanese manufacturers. The design of the heat pump must be optimized for the climate it is to operate in and many are sold as "one size fits all". Also, that large nighttime temperature setback is not doing you any favors as it causes your heat pump to work harder during the coldest part of the morning. It's possible you could save energy by running the unit less hard through the night rather than having it do the heavy lifting during the most unfavorable hours for efficiency.

This does correctly point out how the US market, in particular, is ripe for disruption from a company like Tesla and is probably exactly why Elon has entertained the idea. I think it would make a great addition to Tesla's product offerings and there is plenty of room for juicy margins, even when going heat-to-head with the Japanese manufacturers. This is one reason of many why it's a fallacy to judge the value of TSLA as an investment solely as an automotive company. Their growth is limited only by their ability to hire new talent and Tesla has a huge lead in being able to do that.

The potential is limited only by time and talent. TSLA is a no-brainer way to invest spare capital for the long-term.

After hours today will pretty much determine whether the Nasdaq goes up 7% to 13k or down 7% to 11,400. I'd put money on the latter happening...which is actually healthier for the market in the longer term. Either way, the market and TSLA especially are due for a decent size correction here in order to take a healthy next leg higher.

Some of the moves here in the marker are rather ridiculous. Microsoft is up 5% since earnings. It now has a P/E of 29......Microsoft showed a 14% DECLINE in net income for the quarter and not great guidance. The market is getting ahead of itself and the worst thing investors can do is get FOMO, go back on margin or play near term calls, get caught in a market reversal and then amplify the sell off by getting margin called
GM up 5%