Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is going to be very difficult for OEMs to not chase remaining ICE profits into bankruptcy...
  • Super bowl ads not really promoting any actual EVs you can buy
  • GM results on ICE only were pretty good
  • Ford results ICE/EV mixed
  • Ford stopping F150 Lightning
  • Toyota pivoting way too late
  • VW spins out Porsche...
  • Honda already in deep trouble

the Innovators dilemma is playing out in real time for legacy OEMs
Somebody should write a book on that, but I doubt anyone would read it? /s

However, as the economic engine is based upon growth, the population shrinkage might deal a serious blow to it. After all, robots don't buy anything, except electricity.
If we could automate and robotize enough, that could bring on a Star Trek-like future where we wouldn’t even need money — Cathie Wood’s theory of incoming deflation but taken to the extreme.

Money is just here to facilitate trade in the pursuit of economic output, pushing us ever forward

Need to start a Legacy Deadpool. And perhaps a separate Startup Deadpool.

GM's results only looked good because 2021 was truly horrible.

To their credit, there were fewer Super Bowl adverts from auto makers this year. They realized that spending big bucks advertising cars they can't sell was a waste.
And car shows. The Toronto car show this year won’t have Ford/Lincoln and IIRC no VAG, no Volvo, no MB, no Honda…

"Good day, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking from the flight deck of Tesla Air. I would like to apologize for the slight turbulence we experienced earlier. I want to remind all passengers to please keep their seatbelts fastened as we are still climbing to our cruising altitude.

We are currently at flight level 209 and climbing steadily. The weather conditions are looking good, and we should reach our cruising altitude shortly. As always, I encourage you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Our flight attendants will be coming around shortly with refreshments and snacks, and we hope you have a comfortable and enjoyable journey with us today.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Tesla Air, and we look forward to getting you to your destination safely and on time."
In other words, keep our portfolios in an upright position and HODL on.

Just curious, does anyone here follow the more traditional approach to gaining wealth i.e. buy and hold low cost index funds long term and just play with 3-5% in speculative single stocks?
This method only works if you have enough capital to start with and inflation isn't too high.

Kind of looks like a Cybertruck frame sneak-peak here? Second robot in the lineup.

1676419990684.png

Lifting a HUGE vehicle body Cybertuck or semi and doesn’t seem to have enough axles for a semi.

Just curious, does anyone here follow the more traditional approach to gaining wealth i.e. buy and hold low cost index funds long term and just play with 3-5% in speculative single stocks?

:eek:

:rolleyes:

I have a vague plan when the share price hits my number (you only get 1 guess) then I'll start putting 10% or so from my monthly sell towards some index funds. And I also recently put a percentage into a 🏚️

If you only have 1-5% in TSLA would you bother hanging out here?

"Good day, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking from the flight deck of Tesla Air. I would like to apologize for the slight turbulence we experienced earlier. I want to remind all passengers to please keep their seatbelts fastened as we are still climbing to our cruising altitude.

We are currently at flight level 209 and climbing steadily. The weather conditions are looking good, and we should reach our cruising altitude shortly. As always, I encourage you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Our flight attendants will be coming around shortly with refreshments and snacks, and we hope you have a comfortable and enjoyable journey with us today.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Tesla Air, and we look forward to getting you to your destination safely and on time."
And we're gaining altitude steadily in the AH. Just how I like it!

I have a vague plan when the share price hits my number (you only get 1 guess) then I'll start putting 10% or so from my monthly sell towards some index funds. And I also recently put a percentage into a 🏚️

Everyone is welcome on TMC...well....almost everyone :)

Please somebody give me an excuse to breed, despite the ample evidence this is a bad idea.

(said the second-to-last petri-dish occupant before the breeding cycle leading to total collapse)

Well the traditional reason is to have someone to care for you when you grow old.

But realizing someone with some of your genes actually are so much smarter and better that you - that trumps it all

Not sure if serious but late night so OT prolly can be forgiven?

Kind of looks like a Cybertruck frame sneak-peak here? Second robot in the lineup.

View attachment 907266

Lifting a HUGE vehicle body Cybertuck or semi and doesn’t seem to have enough axles for a semi.

Yup, Cybertruck!

I wasn't indicating my personal investment philosophy, just curious about the spectrum of posters here. I will admit I'm surprised to see a good handful mention that they are 100% Tesla or close to it, that's all.

As far as why I'm hanging out here, I simply choose to. Tesla is the only single stock I own. I see the potential for the company to grow amazingly, as I assume most here do. Is 100% Tesla AA required to participate in the thread?

Reactions: ShareLofty
OK forget technicals for a minute. Technicals just a reflection of what has already happened not what is about to happen, although an intelligent technician can make intelligent guess about probability of what could happen.
From a fundamental standpoint, what would make Tesla go below $200 other than short term bear raid?
I cannot think of any reason
For a company growing revenues 40 to 50% earnings 50 to 60% year over year, highly profitable, excellent operating margin, excellent free cash flow, well loved products, zero competition, new products, fully self driving coming, EV credits coming, cyber truck coming, mega packs, AI/ Optimus coming, and God knows what else is coming why on earth for Tesla trade below $200
No, if you want to live in constant fear of sky falling, an earthquake happening, Tsunami coming then feel free to believe that Tesla is going to go down
I’ve been investing for 25 years now, and honest to God I have had very, very scary moments, and I have panicked, and I have been scared out of my mind but what truly made me a better investor was not allowing myself to act on my fears, and in fact act, despite my fears
After all how many short sellers are on Forbes 400 and how many pessimists
Shortsellers and pessimists as a group might have higher average IQ but that’s pretty much it. Very few of them make it big with the exception of fellow running Hindenburg research. Jim Chanos while probably a billionaire has very little to show for his Tesla, short selling. History is on the side of optimists/Optimus.
By the way, I think very highly of this short seller who is running Hindenburg research and I’m sure glad that he’s not shorting Tesla. There’s a reason why he went after Nicola and Adani group and is a smart enough to stay away from Tesla

Last edited:
OK forget technicals for a minute. Technicals just a reflection of what has already happened not what is about to happen, although an intelligent technician can make intelligent guess about probability of what could happen.
From a fundamental standpoint, what would make Tesla go below $200 other than short term bear raid?
For a company growing revenues 40 to 50% earnings 50 to 60% year over year, highly profitable, excellent operating margin, excellent free cash flow, well loved products, zero competition, new products, fully self driving coming, EV credits coming, cyber truck coming, mega packs, AI/ Optimus coming, and God knows what else is coming why on earth for Tesla trade below $200
No, if you want to live in constant fear of sky falling, an earthquake happening, Tsunami coming then feel free to believe that Tesla is going to go down
I’ve been investing for 25 years now, and honest to God I have had very, very scary moments, and I have panicked, and I have been scared out of my mind but what truly made me a better investor was not allowing myself to act on my fears, and in fact act, despite my fears

This is what all of us thought in the 2nd half of 2022 but it was the perfect storm with things that i will not mention as we all already know the events that caused $TSLA to go to almost $100. Did it make any sense at all? 0 sense but it happened. Those bad actors made out like a bandit but in due time, they will all pay dearly.

This is what all of us thought in the 2nd half of 2022 but it was the perfect storm with things that i will not mention as we all already know the events that caused $TSLA to go to almost $100. Did it make any sense at all? 0 sense but it happened. Those bad actors made out like a bandit but in due time, they will all pay dearly.
Short term, which means days to weeks to months to even a year or two is totally unpredictable