Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it varies from state to state for Tesla service. My SC still gives out ride credits.
I wouldn't know, as we've owned Teslas for almost 4 years, and only once have had any service done, back in 2019 (Raleigh SC did give me a Model S loaner when the one day service turned into two days). Most reliable cars we've ever owned...

24kW beats the heck out of 0kW when you're parked someplace that doesn't have DC fast charging.

Unless the truck needs to be in the shop, it returns to the terminal at the end of the day. The terminal is where the truck gets the goods for delivery and where it drops off the goods from pickup. During the day, the driver may take a rest for 30-60 minutes, and this is the only time the truck is parked somewhere that doesn’t have a company-operated charger. An hour of charging at 24kW doesn’t beat 0kW in a meaningful way for a 900-kwh battery. In fact, I doubt any AC charger will be of any realistic use for the Tesla Semi.

The biggest FINALLY Ever.
v11 is Live.
1678260507172.gif

There are no Tesla-compatible AC chargers that charge at 100a. I think the J1772 standard tops off at a similar amperage.

Destination chargers charge peak at 48a (on a 60a breaker), and 11kw. So 48 hours for a full charge on a 500 kWh truck or almost 4 full days to recharge the 1000 kWh truck.

Still might be useful if you charge to 80% before parking then plug in to top off overnight I guess.
I picture the truck having it's own cord and plugging into something like this:

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
I picture the truck having it's own cord and plugging into something like this:

Yeah… no.

Tesla isn’t shipping a special Mobile Charger with the Semi or for the semi. Pretty sure it would be plugging into Destination Chargers with some kind of adaptor or just relying on the MegaChargers for all charging.

Reactions: JRP3

I can compare my 2016 Mobileye V1 autopilot based Model S with my wife’s V3 autopilot Model 3 we bought in 2019. IIRC it took more than a year before the V3 autopilot was as comfortable as the V1. And it didn’t improve a lot after that. Keep in mind this is a European model, and we have very little of the US FSD (beta) in our builds. The only thing that is better in our V3 versus our V1 is the traffic light recognition, but I consider that a minor feature.
We always travel (this is when we use autopilot the most) in our old Model S, because the free supercharging and active suspension beats the Model 3’s longer range, faster charging speed and somewhat more capable autopilot.
Waiting for a price decrease on the Model S in Europe (to bring it more in line with the US) to order a new Model S.

FSD Beta 11.31. contains a rollup of fixes for the NHTSGee:

Whole Mars Catalog on Twitter: "Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta recall changes!! https://t.co/YlM79FAlp1" / Twitter

FqryK9dagAI7NnV

FqryK9aacAAxi4Q

... and just in case you forgot (or had any doubt), Tesla includes this friendly reminder in the RELEASE NOTES for FSD Beta v11.3.1

As a reminder, the driver is responsible for vehicle operation even when FSD Beta is engaged. You must constantly supervise the road, keep your hands on the wheel and be ready to intervene to maintain safety.

Let's be careful out their people, and...

LFG!! :D

This kind of final assembly kit may work for a place like India with import restrictions.

Packaging up and shipping all of the preassembled modules might be bulky, we would need to know if that kind of shipping was cheaper than shipping finished cars. But is is a lot more hassle when all of the bits to assemble the car already exist at the factory that is making it.
Clearly there isn’t any reason to do CKD (Complete Knocked Down) without major financial incentives. For that reason such approaches are used, often less than “complete “ for everything from fighters, airliners, refrigerators to trains and automobiles ;Planes, Trains and Automobiles, without the humor).

Highly qualified and highly competent engineers here say “no way”.
They forget market access duties and local suppliers.
This will happen within the next couple of years. Logical candidates are ones with established industries and suppliers. Thus India, Indonesia and Brazil are likely to end out with some form of this fairly soon.

If Saab Gipen, Boeing etc can do it Tesla can do it again, they did it once.

Why do you repeat such lame rhetoric? OF COURSE they will be sold: Prices are adjusted until supply = demand. Do you not get that, or are you reality challenged?

Wow. What have I done to deserve that reply exactly?. I've owned a Tesla since 2015, and stock since 2013, and have a sizeable 7 figure long term holding, but if I dare to ask a genuine question about what is being reported regarding inventory, I get this?
This is the investor forum, not the blind obedience and faith forum. IF tesla has a problem shifting cars in Europe as an INVESTOR I think we should be able to discuss it like grown ups.

If its so absolutely blindingly obvious that such numbers are inaccurate, a simple pasting of a reliable source indicating this would be sufficient. Or are you politeness challenged?

I find these stats a little disingenuous. FSD by the very nature that it is still iffy means, not many are turning in on, and those who are using it are doing it with extra caution and taking control when it makes a mistake (which is good). So these stats are not a reflection of how good FSD is, rather how much attention it needs.

The same reason why there are few accidents on the L2 driving tech from other makers compared to Tesla. Because they all suck, very few use them and those who use do them only in very safe places, whereas Tesla drivers use Autopilot anywhere and everywhere and are completely lulled because it is so damn good.
I find your guessing and made up stories disingenuous.

You have no idea who is or is not turning on FSD Beta, where it’s being turned on, or how attentive those users are being. Indeed, it’s been suggested, rumored, and flogged in media and safety regulatory body circles that FSD Beta causes ‘untrained’ drivers to become complacent and mercilessly ram into stationary objects and children.

You know who does know? Tesla.

Tesla's early AP1 vehicles were built using Mobileye tech, that predates the end of their partnership and when Tesla started building its own stuff.

But you'll find plenty of people who prefer Autopilot on those earlier AP1 vehicles compared to what's offered today
Stop it. There aren’t even plenty of vehicles with AP1 that exist. There certainly aren’t plenty of people.

The lies people tell themselves and others to support their POV continue to be hilariously ridiculous. What a refreshing change it would be if people just stuck to facts without inserting their own color. Alas, I won’t hold my breath.