Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bullish TMC board members jump into the investment thread on + 6 % days

041C9172-F492-469A-8F99-8E55290EE4C7.gif

Happy P&D day on Sunday, everyone!

Last edited:
1000 + dump of newest fsdb on teslafi.
Those of us in those threads didn't anticipate this for another week.
This includes the recall fix.
With the recall fixed, they can add new testers again.
So I wouldn't be surprised if they want to recognize some fsd revenue.
The new version is

2022.45.13​

Edit: for non fsd people.. a normal push in one day is sometimes 5 people, or 200 or 300, maybe 400 or so. So this is the largest one day dump I have seen since October 2021

Last edited:
Not getting excited till we surpass $400/share.
Investor Not-So-Trivia question:

Q. What was TSLA's share price just 10 days before it first hit $400?​
A. If you don't already know, you have my pithy... Don't PEEK, GUESS! :p

Follow-up Question: How long did TSLA stay above $400?
Note that SP's in the following chart have not been adjusted for the 3:1 Split in 2022

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-11-04.20-00.png

Last edited:

From my brokerage's newsfeed:

CFRA RAISES OPINION ON SHARES OF TESLA, INC. TO STRONG BUY FROM BUY

3:50 pm ET March 31, 2023 (CFRA)
We raise our 12-month target by $25 to $275, based on a '25 P/E of 36.7x, justified by long-term growth expectations. We raise our '23 adjusted EPS estimate by $0.10 to $4.40, while leaving '24 and '25 unchanged. We raise our opinion to Strong Buy ahead of TSLA's Q1 deliveries report, as we believe a few data points indicate that a beat relative to the consensus of 432K units is more likely than a miss. First was Musk's January 25 conference call comment that the company was seeing vehicle orders coming in at almost twice the rate of production following its price cut announcement earlier that month. With TSLA's quarterly production having exceeded deliveries in each of the last three quarters, we believe TSLA began the year with significant inventory, which could drive stronger-than-expected Q1 deliveries (its Q4 sales totaled 405,278 units). Additionally, we think TSLA's production likely benefited from easing chip shortages and supply chain issues and the ongoing ramp-up of the Austin and Berlin factories.

3:50 pm ET today, not there yet, as far as I can tell...

edit: My post at 3:14 pm ET today.

Last edited:
Investor Not-So-Trivia question:

Q. What TSLA's share price 10 days before it first hit $400?

A. If you don't already know, you have my pithy... Don't PEEK, GUESS! :p

Follow-up Question: How long did TSLA stay above $400?
Note that SP's in the following chart have not been adjusted for the 3:1 Split in 2022

View attachment 923512
I kinda need it dumbed down even more ....please.

I kinda need it dumbed down even more ....please.

Split adjusted, TSLA opened below $285 just 10 days before it reached $400 for the 1st time. Then it swooned. People like to remember fondly the highs, but they tend to forget how fleeting those sharp rises can be (I even did the 3:1 split ajustment in this 10-day chart).

Notice how the SP goes from $285 to $400 (+40%) in 10 days? Can you recall the news? ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-01.20-00.png

TL;dr Slow'n'Steady FTW... coming up on 5 yrs soon, with a 60% CAGR :D

Paging @Hock1 for the color.

Last edited:
Split adjusted, TSLA opened below $275 just 10 days before it reached $400 for the 1st time. Then it swooned. People like to remember fondly the highs, but they tend to forget how fleeting those sharp rises can be.

TL;dr Slow'n'Steady FTW... coming up on 5 yrs soon, with a 60% CAGR :D

Paging @Hock1 for the color.

If someone told me Tesla would be at ~$3,100 right now (in early 2020), I would be extremely happy with that outcome for early 2023.

Edit: As a follow-up, it lends itself to ponder where TSLA and Tesla might be in early 2026.

Even though there don't appear to be any material surprises in the IRS announcement today, one thing that we did get was what appears to be a firmer date: April 18th. a lot of people may have been thinking the IRS would push the date out again (considerably further, etc.).

As a result, I predict that a lot of folks on the fence about getting a "cheap" RWD Model 3 might be like "Oh crap, so this rebate really is about to end!" - and we'll see a nice surge of instantly sold inventory RWD Model 3s here as Q2 starts. Sure, they aren't the high profit cars, but it will be nice to have some of that volume right as Q2 begins. If will feel like another "end of quarter push" for the next two weeks...with a sea of white Model 3s. Heck, Tesla will probably build a few with the white interior just to boost the profits a bit. :)

If someone told me Tesla would be at ~$3,100 right now (in early 2020), I would be extremely happy with that outcome for early 2023.
I'm pretty sure someone did, and I'm pretty sure her name is Cathy... ;)

Edit: As a follow-up, it lends itself to ponder where TSLA and Tesla might be in early 2026.
Haha, that's an EZ one: $700. Now do you need an exact date? :p

Cheers to the Longs!

Was IN line the day before it was ON line, my money. The wife eventually signed for it, as I didn't have a steady job.
Cheers to all those wives and spouses out there who put up with us believed in us years ago!

Just saw your post SunCatcher! YES.
Someone keeps down voting every post I make today. 🤣

1680292141464.png

1000 + dump of newest fsdb on teslafi.
Those of us in those threads didn't anticipate this for another week.
This includes the recall fix.
With the recall fixed, they can add new testers again.
So I wouldn't be surprised if they want to recognize some fsd revenue.
The new version is

2022.45.13​

Edit: for non fsd people.. a normal push in one day is sometimes 5 people, or 200 or 300, maybe 400 or so. So this is the largest one day dump I have seen since October 2021
Good find and I think you might be right that they are trying to recognize some more $$$ for FSD! Also, it looks like they are adding a lot of people from previous builds:
1680292235076.png

I know; I was there! Along with hundreds of others in that line outside the Scottsdale showroom. Came to find out years later that @SOULPEDL was in line behind me! I'll never forget how excited we all were.

This was taken early in the morning, before the store opened; several hours later the line went through the mall, and out the doors! :oops:

View attachment 923480

Good memories! I camped overnight at the showroom near Cleveland. When I got home the next day and read about the crazy levels of excitement all over the world, I plowed the rest of my money into TSLA. I want to say it was around $230 pre-pre-split that day. Still have the car, still have the shares.

IMG_20160331_084541.jpg