Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day the Tesla announced the opening of model 3 reservations I took off at 5:00 in the morning and went and stood in front of the Milford Connecticut Tesla location
of course when they opened up they told me they can't take reservations, it was against the law so I literally drove home as fast as I could and booked my model 3
I was number 52,000
I remember driving around with the family in San Francisco listening to the model 3 reveal with my mind blown. Didn't stand in line to priority reserve but went to take pictures of tie line and feeling the energy with the people. Reserved online as soon as was possible. Test drove an employees model 3 in 2017 again blown away that they could do a car truly as amazing as Model S at half the cost. Confused about the fact that it broke down on the test drive. But anyways made me hold on to stocks through all the short and distort times. Took delivery January 2018, 32k vin. Had so much fun tooling around before work each day that I ended up signing up with Lyft and giving hundreds of rides for about half a year blowing people's minds.

I Hope it does the same thing again for a different large part of the population with the Cybertruck.

Also hope to see more semi trucks on the road soon.

Same as v4 SC open to all.

The day the Tesla announced the opening of model 3 reservations I took off at 5:00 in the morning and went and stood in front of the Milford Connecticut Tesla location
of course when they opened up they told me they can't take reservations, it was against the law so I literally drove home as fast as I could and booked my model 3
I was number 52,000
Since it seems to be Saturday before delivery reports, my Model 3 orders went in after waiting in a queue in Miami for eight hours. We all had a good time, actually. I was about 20th in the queue. The next day Tesla announced several other countries for which orders were being accepted, including Brazil. I put my order RN107380619 in on 1st April 2016. Today is the seventh anniversary of that order which still waits impatiently on my Tesla account, since no official deliveries happen in Brazil. My Model 3 Performance was delivered in September 2018 and served me well.

Today my impatience will engender a nice Japanese lunch with generous servings of Shochu to deaden the pain and temporarily salve my guilty conscience for having bought a Volvo XC40 Recharge to serve until my Tesla will be delivered.

1st May 2016 was a wonderful day. That day I learned the value of delayed gratification.
Hopefully I'll not need to wait until GigaMonterrey opens. Today I don't even have Tesla Tequila and/or Beer so I'll make do with Shochu. O, woe is me!@!

Just a couple of weekend thoughts, on recent volatilities, I think I am able to see the pain of people getting margin calls down towards $100, but as a «pure HODL’er» I feel pretty good that my portfolio will be at ATH well before we even reach $300, thanks to the opportunities we have had to buy the deep dip. I am suprisingly surprised by the magnitude of difference it actually makes to the portfolio!

Also pretty happy with my own contribution to the cause, with one nephew and one niese, 3 brother-in-laws and 3 brothers all recently having purchased Teslas - I think certainly based on my input (two other brothers could not afford, but still at least went electric). None of these went into TSLA to my knowledge, but then I am a bit less loud on that topic…

I think TMC have contributed strongly to my convictions in both buying more TSLA then I would think to afford (I probably own 3-5x the number of shares I would otherwise), and in trusting Tesla enough to wholehartedly recommend it to others without any reservations whatsoever.

So I have just wanted to say Thank You to all for that!

All in all, except for an inconvenient but so far managable cancer, I feel this to be the most awsome time of my life - to me 2023 seems to be the most exciting year for Tesla in their entire history - so far.

New theory. Not a powerwall, but maybe a battery range extender for CyberTruck? (Think pricing options). Heavy yes, but we have seen this approach from competitors as I recall. Short cable might reach from the bed. Could charge others in the field. Shape is not so compact for the bed. Just a guess, love the tease. Monday please!

CyberVault Photo orientation is causing confusion. It is lying on the arm of a sofa. The tiles are the floor. So it’s like a closed suitcase. I guess there are batteries inside.
I don’t think the cable is part of the Vault, but is showing how it would charge.
IMG_2022.jpeg

CyberVault Photo orientation is causing confusion. It is lying on the arm of a sofa. The tiles are the floor. So it’s like a closed suitcase. I guess there are batteries inside.
I don’t think the cable is part of the Vault, but is showing how it would charge.
View attachment 923909
Correct orientation when mounted to CyberTruck. Just sayin’

Oh, and its why the lock is there. Needs access to the mounting bolts inside and locks against theft! Any bets?

Last edited:
Saturday crash test entertainment:

That one's an oldie. If I remember correctly it was done at 70mph with the bed fully loaded as well. The old cab forward VW Bus format may not be the safest, but even in a Cybertruck, I very much doubt you'd be getting out alive after hitting solid concrete at 70mph!

What time tomorrow are we expecting the numbers, anyone?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Electroman