Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh... and lock the cable inside as well. (Edit: Hence the bulgy shape. I gotta quit this!)

But why have the holster at all? Maybe it just fits best that way with existing parts. I still think the cable is part of it for charging the CyberTruck.

They're messing with us, they plugged it into itself to throw us off!

I was looking for the charging port location (left/rear), and came across these from France. I wonder if any of them are part of the puzzle or just all adapters?

Last edited:
Reactions: Queeg500
New theory. Not a powerwall, but maybe a battery range extender for CyberTruck? (Think pricing options). Heavy yes, but we have seen this approach from competitors as I recall. Short cable might reach from the bed. Could charge others in the field. Shape is not so compact for the bed. Just a guess, love the tease. Monday please!
What a great idea! Carry one or more when towing or otherwise need extra range. Otherwise, save the weight for around town.

I like it!

Reactions: SOULPEDL
I love and hate this so much. Such a tease.

Obviously they did a crash test on the Cybertruck, but won't show the outcome.

I'm sure it just busts through.

koolaid.jpg

Something else to consider about CT's immanent production debut is how this vehicle will have front and rear castings. Meaning, they will need to have two of the large IDRA machines running to reach production.

As far as I know, there is only one of these being assembled on site currently, and there has been no perforation in the roof for the aluminum smelter for either of these Gigapresses per Joe Tegtmeyer's drone videos.

Usually, there is some buzz when IDRA ships another press, and again when the press is delivered to GigaTx. Any timeline for CT production should take into account such evidence as indication of when both presses have been installed and are operational. Other things to look for would be CT casting test articles in the recycle pile on the North side of the building.
We don’t know if they need a 9k Ton press for the front end or not.

Regardless, they can get by with just one press for quite some time by changing the molds every few days. Press is capable of 250k trucks per year so should be able to handle at least the first 6 months production with a single press.

And the subframe is painted.
It probably will be painted in the final one, but there will be a aero cover on the whole bottom

The ultra high strength steels using in parts like that generally don't have good corrosion resistance, and unless they used something 17-4 Stainless (quite expensive), the 3XX Stainless isn't anywhere close to strong enough for that part

And also we go back to the stainless steel not being a good candidate for stamping, and you need to stamp a part like that for it to absorve the crash energy

I'd love It but I'm sure it's not it. They didn't Say anything at Investor day about an HVAC, although it was clear they were keeping something for themselves. But It can't be just for the Chiese market
Two nice things if Tesla was to make a heat pump HVAC. 1: I need a new system something fierce. 2: The best part is HVAC doesn't require batteries. They could build them in big numbers quickly.

The old cab forward VW Bus format may not be the safest, but even in a Cybertruck, I very much doubt you'd be getting out alive after hitting solid concrete at 70mph!
I wouldn't be so sure. Crumple zones (assuming Cybertruck has them) and airbags+seatbelts can mitigate injuries to passengers to a surprising degree. The Model Y that went over the cliff in California is thought to have been traveling in excess of 75 mph.

What a great idea! Carry one or more when towing or otherwise need extra range. Otherwise, save the weight for around town.

I like it!

Thanks! Thinking these are the 4 CyberVault mounting holes. (I considered CyberQuad tie downs, but seems recessed and hard to grab/not wide enough apart.) Placed in the middle is odd, why not more forward (well, needs longer cord) and further back would take up access for bags or luggage.

Sorry, couldn't resist the puzzle!!!

1680395429349.png

Meanwhile,

I wouldn't be so sure. Crumple zones (assuming Cybertruck has them) and airbags+seatbelts can mitigate injuries to passengers to a surprising degree. The Model Y that went over the cliff in California is thought to have been traveling in excess of 75 mph.
It also hit very hard surfaces. Rocks dont have crumple zones, so it relied totally on its own.

I think anyone expecting the cybervault to be more than either a slick cybertruck / Tesla inspired locker or maybe power station is going to be surprised (it has a cheap looking barrel lock on it, nobody uses those for any kind of serious security) and appears to be around 19-20" tall, too small for any kind of range extension or power wall type activity, larger than most wall lockers that might have this sort of cheap security.

I'm not sure if the apparent charge receptacle is just for looks or if this really has batteries in which case it would be something like a Jackery / Anker / EcoFlow type portable power station (good for powering small electronics for a good while or one appliance for a short while, but no powerwall or range extender), but very odd to have a lock on it if so.

If that leaked image is legit, I would not expect the "Cybervault" to be more than yet another neat gimmick product on shop.tesla.com, much like their wireless charging pad. So everyone should probably curb their enthusiasm.

I've got a bit of Sawyer-style "BREAKING NEWS" for you all.

Tonight's wave of FSD v11.3.4 officially completes the NHTSA recall for every vehicle that gets it. I checked my VIN in Tesla's recall database this afternoon prior to the update, and it showed the February recall notice. Just checked it again after the update, and the recall is no longer associated with my VIN.