Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

And now the company plans to expand production of electric vehicle batteries at the Nevada location by 10% within three years.

WHAT? An increase of 10% in Three years? Really? Even a Govt agency will do better than that.

They should be doubling capacity every 18 months or atleast increase 10% every quarter.

True! But sad.
Not for those of us who bought the dip. My 18 year old son put 100% of his TFSA's (Canadian tax-free savings account) into TSLA at around $120, and was super glad that it dropped despite solid fundamentals. There's no conceivable reason why TSLA can't at the very least return to ATH with a small help from macros - the company itself is in WAY better shape than even last year, look at the financial statements and their plan moving forward. What other company is growing at the rate Tesla is, remaining profitable, building massive factories, and holds massive cash supplies (which means cash reserves = extra income from high interest rates)?

Cheers - and only invest what you can afford to keep in the market forever, and you won't be forced to sell low. At some point SP will return to a fair valuation.

Apple comes out with a way to lock your phone to your face, despite high price and weight of said device, everyone gushing.

Tesla makes a solid car that runs on electricity, ready to go every morning, to take you to see the world around you and get off the darn phone. Maybe that's why there is continued upward pressure on Tesla. They don't need an nvidia moment, Tesla wants you to go out and have fun and drive at the speed of thought, instead of faceplanting into your phone for hours of social media and online shopping...

Apple comes out with a way to lock your phone to your face, despite high price and weight of said device, everyone gushing.

Tesla makes a solid car that runs on electricity, ready to go every morning, to take you to see the world around you and get off the darn phone. Maybe that's why there is continued upward pressure on Tesla. They don't need an nvidia moment, Tesla wants you to go out and have fun and drive at the speed of thought, instead of faceplanting into your phone for hours of social media and online shopping...
I wanted to go see the world in my Tesla, but was too busy reading your post.

May 17th

There are just a ton of externalities outside of TSLA that create risk in TSLA. They're navigating the path as a company and conitnuously growing. In this market, and with this type of problem (i.e. climate change) that's creating trickle down effects everywhere in real time and going forward, where else would you park your money?

Edit: Another way to put it...if you did a 5 or 10 year DCF going backwards from 2028 or 2033...outside of another company like Alphabet hitting on a moonshot, what other company fixing a problem (i.e. again, climate change) all governments can't seem to solve (i.e. thus putting the onus on the free market to solve it) would you want to park your money into right now?

Interesting episode from SMR where ARK Invest compares how, in the past, hardware gets the first recognition and later software companies applying their talent to the new hardware eventually become dominant in company/earnings growth.

Growth of Intel vs Microsoft; and, ARM vs Apple iPhone/Google Android; then how the future can follow suit with nVidia vs Tesla growth following this pattern in the AI space. Noting how nVidia just did 25X market cap and extrapolating this to indicate Tesla's AI future.

She has no clue...is looney as a loon can be a loon.

Sorry, but I dont see you having a ton of followers, managing billions of other people's dollars, publishing your own research online and in the open, attracting top financial talent to work for you, and accepting public criticism about your eccentric financial views to the masses continuously like she does.

Sorry, but I dont see you having a ton of followers, managing billions of other people's dollars, publishing your own research online and in the open, attracting top financial talent to work for you, and accepting public criticism about your eccentric financial views to the masses continuously like she does.
And we are all thankful for that. Ark ETF is down over the last 5 years, over the last 3 years, over the last year. She is a loon. Hitler had followers. Pol Pot raised a ton of money & support and had hundreds of millions following him by proxy. Neither made them any less insane.

Her job is to make money. If you didn't make money in the last 5 years investing in stocks you are an IDIOT. The freaking S&P is up what...30% over the last 5 years.

nVidia...selling a company that even EM has to buy product on the black market. Great...

She has had some complete dogs, just dogs. She doesn't understand businesses. She would have bought Theranos if it had made it to IPO. A company selling something that was clearly impossible according to the laws of physics.

Tesla and nVidia were a blind squirrel finding nuts. She dropped one. Tesla made her famous, can you imagine if she had not invested in Tesla ...she would be the laughing stock of the financial world. Frankly I wish she did not invest in Tesla and would stop this mouthing off about stupid crap that has no basis in reality so that when bad things happen rational investors can evaluate rather than having the market swamped by me too trend followers. Rant Over - no fan of crazy people with platforms.

And we are all thankful for that. Ark ETF is down over the last 5 years, over the last 3 years, over the last year. She is a loon. Hitler had followers. Pol Pot raised a ton of money & support and had hundreds of millions following him by proxy. Neither made them any less insane.

Her job is to make money. If you didn't make money in the last 5 years investing in stocks you are an IDIOT. The freaking S&P is up what...30% over the last 5 years.

nVidia...selling a company that even EM has to buy product on the black market. Great...

She has had some complete dogs, just dogs. She doesn't understand businesses. She would have bought Theranos if it had made it to IPO. A company selling something that was clearly impossible according to the laws of physics.

Tesla and nVidia were a blind squirrel finding nuts. She dropped one. Tesla made her famous, can you imagine if she had not invested in Tesla ...she would be the laughing stock of the financial world. Frankly I wish she did not invest in Tesla and would stop this mouthing off about stupid crap that has no basis in reality so that when bad things happen rational investors can evaluate rather than having the market swamped by me too trend followers. Rant Over - no fan of crazy people with platforms.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.

Perhaps it's just my device, but there was no way to do so on the document you attached.

It's drawn to today's date + 5 days (they update it every time there is a price change and the graph just extends daily automatically)

The snips below are just a minor portion on that spreadsheet.

1686109114342.png

1686109063495.png

+1

Some of the moves Cathy made are just boneheaded.

I remember she bought a security and then sold it in two weeks with the share price pretty much moving sideways

Last edited:
nativewolf said:

What a coincidence. Not 30 minutes before reading your post I was looking at my Schwab accounts. ARKK down 10K from when I invested.
ARKG down 11K, ARKW down 10K. I do find Cathie Wood's team following Tesla to have good insight. They seem to get it. But otherwise she seems to be a one trick pony. Her track record even with her one good pick is weak. If she had not picked TSLA I'm hard pressed to understand how her company would still be in business.

"Every fifth new car was a Tesla Model Y."

Let that sink in. Saturation? When in Norway? And more importantly, when globaly? Not soon, I guess. :)