Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why the people who favor India don't favor France? India does have much more rigid bureaucracy and much stricter content rules, to be sure, but they're quite similar in several other respects, not the nice ones, usually.

India does have some major attractions, but...there are so very many huge impediments. Are there any successful foreign manufacturing firms? Indonesia? They're receptive but infrastructure challenges are formidable, and good engineers are not plentiful.

It will be very interesting to observe how Tesla can overcome the impediments, and which countries receive the next Giga-Factories. Several of the less hospitable places for a GF could be ideal for some crucial supplies.
In Southeast Asia the only country with established infrastructure for GF support is Thailand, with Vietnam a distant second. Europe is much easier with several excellent choices from San, Austria, Slovakia and Croatia all having some appealing features.

For anybody deeply attracted to bureaucracy India might well be among the few winners on every issue. On the other hand where else can one hire a driver with a PhD? (note: mine did!)
India has a huge young population c/w France. People there are facile and want to work, and work very hard. It is a no brainer to put an assembly point or some sort of factory or at the very least parts supplier factory in India for the local , local regional market. It is unfortunate that Pakistan cannot govern itself, otherwise there should have been a battery factory at the deep sea port in Gwadar-- with road access to China.

And really for Europe, Turkey would be a great site alternatively. Lots of labor available as well.

• Funny
Reactions: unk45
Just a story that reminded me that despite all you losers, there is still the odd human being who gets an open invitation.

After yesterday’s work on The Mountain, I chatted with my self-proclaimed redneck general contractor for what turned into 4 hours.

Topics were wide and varied, but included Tesla, Elon, Cybertruck, EV transition, electric grid, GM, Ford, government bailouts, media/journalism, AI, Optimus, Neuralink, Boring Co., Vegas Loop, SpaceX, Starlink, Mars, coming Zombie Apocalypse etc…. He’s definitely been Googling since becoming by GC. Way more up on topics than I’d imagined.

- mad respect for Elon geared quite specifically toward the fact he’s a big thinker, a ‘doer’ rather than a talker, and doesn’t back down
- bring on EV adoption but is concerned about the electric grid - felt better after discussing renewables
- terrified of AI and it becoming self-aware
- thinks the prospects of neuralink are fantastic but concerned it may be used by others for nefarious reasons (same with AI)
- doesn’t trust a single media outlet and knows he’s being lied to to some degree about everything
- pretty sure the government will bail out GM/Ford if needs be but hopes they don’t
- disappointed the current government doesn’t much acknowledge Tesla nor support them as a home grown American company
- not a fan of unions
- no loyalty to any brand of truck and is wanting to see what Cybertruck will bring to the table, especially for off-roading

He does have an uncle who has one of the early Model Ss and is always blown away by it when he’s in it for a ride.

I just found it intriguing that he’d taken the time to do some research into things he knows his client has an interest in, form his own opinion, and openly and candidly share.

I chatted with my self-proclaimed redneck general contractor for what turned into 4 hours.

Someone should award him a medal for enduring such inhumane suffering.

cat-kitty.gif

So we have a little update on how many Tesla Semis have been delivered, as there has been another recall, that has already been resolved by an OTA update.

A total of 36 vehicles involved in the recall. (I assume that only includes vehicles delivered to Pepsi, not any vehicles Tesla uses internally.)

Issue identified 6/1, OTA update released 6/6.
I guess we can assume some number beyond 36 have been delivered since it says "certain vehicles" and the production date up to March 15.

OT for the (extra long) weekend, an American view on main means of transport and infrastructure here in The Netherlands.
Especially the way shown for electrical transport of small children by parents has exploded in the recent years.
Very convenient and environmentally friendly for not too long distances.
Also good to get a bit of an impression of our country for those that haven't visited The Netherlands (yet).
Enjoy!

I'm pretty excited about this 900-mile-in-10-minutes Toyota as a replacement for my MYLR in the 2030s. 1.5MW DCFC should be just fine.
Ha! I wonder what bodily orifice they pulled those numbers from?

And again, prototypes are easy, production is hard, especially for something that doesn't exist yet...

Next Monday, Elon is expected to be interviewed live on the Journal de 20h (8PM news program), on TF1 (~5M viewers, #1 TV channel in France), according to Les Echos (source).

What's the main reason for this politics/media tour? Elon wanting to weight on politics/culture (WoKiSm WiLl EnD tHe WorLd), trying to make peace with advertiser, or dealing with industrial projects (Tesla, SpaceX…).

I'm going to start my own company...I'll call it PPM. (Power Point Motors).

First car will have our new dilithium crystal Mr fusion super capacitors that have unlimited range and never need charging.

Plan on mass production in 2026...gotta beat Toyota to the market.

First round of funding is open.
Send cash to A sucker born every minute dot com.

Next Monday, Elon is expected to be interviewed live on the Journal de 20h (8PM news program), on TF1 (~5M viewers, #1 TV channel in France), according to Les Echos (source).

What's the main reason for this politics/media tour? Elon wanting to weight on politics/culture (WoKiSm WiLl EnD tHe WorLd), trying to make peace with advertiser, or dealing with industrial projects (Tesla, SpaceX…).

Elon is being . . . a CEO of a multinational conglomerate?

Seems pretty obvious to all of us, if he wants to sell cars, FSD, and electrical infrastructure everywhere, he should sell himself and the mission.

France won't get a GigaFactory, that's just a fact. If Elon hates the UAW in the USA, there is zero chance a GF is going in France. But that doesn't preclude something smaller, like a consolation prize, for France. Like a Megapack Factory.

I'm going to start my own company...I'll call it PPM. (Power Point Motors).

First car will have our new dilithium crystal Mr fusion super capacitors that have unlimited range and never need charging.

Plan on mass production in 2026...gotta beat Toyota to the market.

First round of funding is open.
Send cash to A sucker born every minute dot com.
Heard TM is looking for a new CEO position if you have one open.
Only requirement is 'experienced hype man' taking a company with no product to multi-billion market cap needed.

Just a story that reminded me that despite all you losers, there is still the odd human being who gets an open invitation.

After yesterday’s work on The Mountain, I chatted with my self-proclaimed redneck general contractor for what turned into 4 hours.

Topics were wide and varied, but included Tesla, Elon, Cybertruck, EV transition, electric grid, GM, Ford, government bailouts, media/journalism, AI, Optimus, Neuralink, Boring Co., Vegas Loop, SpaceX, Starlink, Mars, coming Zombie Apocalypse etc…. He’s definitely been Googling since becoming by GC. Way more up on topics than I’d imagined.

- mad respect for Elon geared quite specifically toward the fact he’s a big thinker, a ‘doer’ rather than a talker, and doesn’t back down
- bring on EV adoption but is concerned about the electric grid - felt better after discussing renewables
- terrified of AI and it becoming self-aware
- thinks the prospects of neuralink are fantastic but concerned it may be used by others for nefarious reasons (same with AI)
- doesn’t trust a single media outlet and knows he’s being lied to to some degree about everything
- pretty sure the government will bail out GM/Ford if needs be but hopes they don’t
- disappointed the current government doesn’t much acknowledge Tesla nor support them as a home grown American company
- not a fan of unions
- no loyalty to any brand of truck and is wanting to see what Cybertruck will bring to the table, especially for off-roading

He does have an uncle who has one of the early Model Ss and is always blown away by it when he’s in it for a ride.

I just found it intriguing that he’d taken the time to do some research into things he knows his client has an interest in, form his own opinion, and openly and candidly share.
Damn, I like this guy! Doesn't sound like any of the rednecks I know... maybe he should use better suntan lotion?

On the contrary, seems like the put volume at 260 has been growing which is making the incentive to keep it under 260 much less. I think we're actually looking at a close slightly under 262.
And like clockwork...

You've been pretty spot on for pretty much all of last year @StarFoxisDown!. Hoping your predictions for the future (which gave gotten rosier in the last month) come true!

I heard, so tell me if this is wrong, that Elon just said again that the value of the company is tied to FSD.

I mean, obviously alot of value, but I see, from experience with two Model 3s and solar and Powerwalls, that Tesla's main advantage is battery tech and the software to manage batteries.

Since the wholesale move to renewables requires battery storage, I would think that tech, especially battery management software, which no other company can seem to get right at all, is equal to FSD as a driver of value.