Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious, but my ISP blocked that link. Can anyone summarize?
Garbage article. It cherry picks Chinese EV export data and tries to make it sound ominous. They ignore that Tesla is a large part of Chinese EV exports. And that China has almost zero presence in the US with no near term plans to change that.

All I see here is a new trend. The traditional media will be blown into oblivion. The fake online media will be irrelevant soon. "The Street" WTF is that!
Those fake outlets are only created to influence WS algos. There is never going to be any true information there.

Most have already been shown - Ford, GM and now Rivian have announced their plans to join Tesla charging standard on Twitter.

Old media only parroted this. Elon has done cleanup at its best and it is just the start.

All readers are directed to post #418,369. Advice.

I love how ‘thoughtful’ Mr. Chang is being. Must make sure it’s in the best interest of their customers. 🙄

I’m betting they join before the end of this month and it’ll have nothing to do with their customers.
Mr. Chang has more important things to worry about before deciding on the NACS :)

If Tesla just announces an OEM that is adopting NACS on red days, $TSLA will almost be guaranteed to be green :) despite market conditions /s

Just think: if EVERY SINGLE other OEM selling EVs in N. America adopted the NACS that would increase traffic at existing Superchargers by, what, ~20%? :p

Meanwhile, Tesla has made plans to increase the number of Superchargers in N.America by >50%.

Thanks, Tesla!

Maybe Tesla will spin off its charging Network into a separate company and give tesla shareholders stock in the new company, any thoughts?
To lose control over the network they built, so their shareholders can make a quick buck? In that case, Tesla should spin off their factory, FSD software (etc) to make some cash and rent them from the new cos 😄

Mr. Chang has more important things to worry about before deciding on the NACS :)

I think you are on to something! Once other manufacturers start using Tesla's Supercharger network, the media can start using that as suspect for all issues and recalls they are experiencing!

"Popular Hyundai SUV is shutting off out of nowhere on drivers...Tesla Supercharger network suspected as the cause "
or
"Ford recalling 18 electric F-150 Lightning pickup trucks after battery fire...Tesla Supercharger network suspected as the cause "

This stuff almost writes itself....

Model Y was unveiled March 14/19. Production deliveries commenced March 13/20. Musk's projection of Model Y becoming best selling car was first stated on April 27/21. If you have different information showing Elon's prediction prior to March 13/30 please share.
i have that information. Back in a 2018 or 2019 conference call, Elon estimated Model 3&Y combined demand at 2M / year with Model Y accounting for 1.25M to 1.5M of that total.

Reactions: H Mak
I love how ‘thoughtful’ Mr. Chang is being. Must make sure it’s in the best interest of their customers. 🙄

I’m betting they join before the end of this month and it’ll have nothing to do with their customers.
The timing seems right to me, but they're going to insist Tesla deploy V4 Superchargers with Hyundai/Kia access in some major markets. I'm confident that they really want to take advantage of their 800v, with nearly zero chances other than their own or Tesla v4.

Of course there are other very high speed options but with little serious uptake expected soon, Tesla probably seems the best option for them. They already cooperate with Tesla through Hyundai Glovis and probably other areas.

When coupling 48v Cybertruck and all the new vehicles Hyundai/Kia are quite likely to want to move quickly themselves, so Tesla cooperating with them for 48V compatible suppliers would make an obvious adjunct to the Superchargers.

It's never a good idea to underestimate Korean OEM competitive instincts. Since the Pony they've steadily and consistently made excellent moves.

So end of June might be a trifle fast, but I agree that such a deal is very likely. A major complication regarding timing is that Korea is the only non-NA country using CCS1. Hyundai definitely wants that killed ASAP since they have US-style breakage problems. Tesla would be required to support converting South Korea to NACS, perhaps even changing the acronym, while installing Gen 4 Superchargers.

I firmly expect those to happen, if Tesla can move quickly enough to accommodate those demands, every one of which is compatible with the Tesla mission. One impediment is that Tesla will hold out for unimpeded Korea market access, in exchange for enhanced supplier agreements, but...

There are now agreements between Hyundai and LG for batteries, between Hyundai and Samsung for chips. Tesla also has supplier agreements with both of those. For those who are not familiar with South Korea business it is nearly unprecedented to have such deep cooperation between competing groups.

Given the rapidly evolving supplier agreement and cooperation, it might be that Samsung, Hyundai and LG all agree that NACS-4 is the best national solution, coupled with a rapid adoption of 48v architectures.

The NA market NACS adoption part is quite obviously important, but is only coherent in the large issues of cooperation and Korean market movements.

Of course all this could evolve slowly, but that would be a departure from Korean and Tesla propensity to dither on a decision, but move at Plaid speed once they decide.

The only thing higher than TSLA today is is the Volatility Index VIX. Nice.

History tells us that whenever TSLA moves above the Artful Bollinger Bands, there is downward pressure on the stock. We are here again. Thank goodness I simply hold and don't have to worry about timing the market. Overall trajectory for TSLA remains positive. Drop if any should be temporary as TSLA grows into it's valuation.

Sea change in the markets is coming. TSLA is well prepared to handle the storm with many catalysts to drive higher.

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.57.11 AM.png

Last edited:
Perhaps Jim (Edit: Bill Ford) is alerting Ford shareholders. Nope, never mind. Thought it was Jim!

All the past negativity surrounding Tesla (fires, charging problems, high cost, environmental impact etc...) are now in the way of logic and the new direction needed for the industry. It's so ironic for all these companies to be spewing BS for years. And when the facts come out and start hurting their own position, that's 4 fingers pointing back now. So instead, just blame it on the Chinese.

This is both misleading and wrong - it's the WORLD and not just China. This is a source of hate and prejudice. I've always appreciated everything sweat-made for my benefit. Great respect for hard working people; and this same respect is rapidly waning for me in this country.

Last edited:
@Papafox summarized Friday's trading day in his thread, but I was impressed by the delta between max pain and our triple witching close on Friday...

jun16maxpwk-jpg.948348

I was intrigued by the inexplicable closing cross of 11.9 million shares if anyone wants to suggest a theory for the unsolved mystery!
Seems ridiculous that the Max-Pain calculation can’t include a corrective factor for witching displacements, like a regression formula. Note how it jumped to $245 today.