Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I know about e-mail validation.
My query is whether mods would be direct e-mailing at all versus using the forum methods in which case there would be a username associated unless the message was only embedded in a post edit/ removal notification. In which case, the author may be anonymous, but still validated as a mod/ admin.

Put another way, is e-mail even in play?
@unk45 what medium was the message in?
I think it's easier to forge email than it is on messaging platforms (at least the major ones), so I assumed email.

Unless and until a similar situation arises, this discussion truly is not topical to this thread and needn’t be continued.
On the other hand, I am still smarting from the inuendo it generated in early posts, strongly suggesting “it’s obvious which Moderator is guilty and we should have a vote…”.
Vigilantism is disgusting in all guises, and that not one of those perpetrators has come forth with an apology, privately or publicly, is particularly vile.

a much prettier picture, undulating waves, buy the dips, hold otherwise
thin blue line 20 day
?yellow line? 50 day (very color weak)
(sigh, tapped out long ago)

1688386940956.png

Reactions: capster and AZRI11
Short day and most of the chatter on CNBC is about... Tesla record deliveries. CNBC just had a segment talking about TSLA SP with Craig Irwin of Roth MKM and Ray Wong of Constellation Research. Craig has a Hold and an $85 price target on TSLA but doesn't remember when he set that, but Ford has dozens of EV models coming out soon and some will be wildly successful. And you can buy Toyota for 1/3 the market cap of Tesla and they make over 9 million of direct competition models a year. Ray has a $320 and he's not factoring in robo-taxi. So who's delusional here? Who here is buying F and TM? I do agree with Craig on the HODL.

Now a new segment talking about production numbers. Is Tesla a car company that goes up on a successful quarter after price cuts to spur demand? Or is it a "magical AI" company that needs to be valued on that? Obviously can't be both can it?

RHD represents X percent of sales and adds 3X costs.
No-brainer ...
Unfortunately it’s not that simple. Plus the market isn’t so small. S e Asia , Japan, Aus, NZ, UK,Ireland even India if that gets going. . I , together with many others was an early pioneer committing to my model s nearly 7 years ago. I test drove the s long range LHD model a couple weeks back. Beautiful car but honestly for that money I am not going to commit to a LHD car. Point being is that the group they have pissed off are the loyal fan base that gave Tesla a leg up in the first place. Still very disappointed. So will keep mine till it drops and then who knows. But the message sent is that other than the mass market Y and 3 there are u likely to be any RHD cars coming out of Tesla now.

WS loves beats. But this SP pop is about more than just 20,000 additional cars sold.

It’s a continuation of the Great Awakening that started when Ford and GM adopted the Tesla charging standard.

While some WS players still don’t get it, most now understand two key things we’ve known for years:

1) Tesla’s EV lead is not going to be erased any time soon;

2) Tesla is more than a car company.

The average WS Joe didn’t believe either of those things last year. But now that the fog is lifting, the greed is starting to twitch.

Cheers to the longs. We saw this coming.
Hmm - sounds logical and reasonable but I believe mostly wishful thinking. Two of the big boys just very recently raised the PT for TSLA while ‘downgrading’ the stock. That doesn’t fit what you just wrote.

This looks like what it always looks like, profit on the way up after profiting on the way down. A bunch of churn that just happens to be going our way in the moment.

No matter what’s written in those analysis reports, they don’t care if it’s true or not. They only care that it’ll make them money. That is the way.

RHD represents X percent of sales and adds 3X costs.
No-brainer ...
Do you know that? RHD has largish markets:
Once upon a time I saw cost accounting for RHD v LHD for a large OEM. There wa very small incremental cost then fro RHD v LHD

Unfortunately it’s not that simple. Plus the market isn’t so small. S e Asia , Japan, Aus, NZ, UK,Ireland even India if that gets going. . I , together with many others was an early pioneer committing to my model s nearly 7 years ago. I test drove the s long range LHD model a couple weeks back. Beautiful car but honestly for that money I am not going to commit to a LHD car. Point being is that the group they have pissed off are the loyal fan base that gave Tesla a leg up in the first place. Still very disappointed. So will keep mine till it drops and then who knows. But the message sent is that other than the mass market Y and 3 there are u likely to be any RHD cars coming out of Tesla now.
Really!? You’re pissed off that the company made a choice (in the moment because you know darn well they can change their minds at any point), during economic uncertainty to continue to strengthen their business in preparation for a possible planet wide recession thus making sure your long term investment remains solid!?

Go buy another EV that comes in RHD. Then you can have your cake (TSLA) and eat it too (help save the planet).

Hmm - sounds logical and reasonable but I believe mostly wishful thinking. Two of the big boys just very recently raised the PT for TSLA while ‘downgrading’ the stock. That doesn’t fit what you just wrote.

This looks like what it always looks like, profit on the way up after profiting on the way down. A bunch of churn that just happens to be going our way in the moment.

No matter what’s written in those analysis reports, they don’t care if it’s true or not. They only care that it’ll make them money. That is the way.
My bad for using the shorthand of “WS.” What I meant was “finance community”, tens of thousands of folks who invest the big bucks that ultimately move the market. I’ve got lots of friends in that community, and until recently they were almost all skeptical about Tesla and TSLA.

Some WS analysts are playing a different game, for sure. They manipulate for profit. I’m not suggesting they are changing stripes. In fact, they are guiltier than ever, because even they can’t believe in their lies anymore.

He's been the only one while all the others were totally silent, to say the things people needed to hear especially about Tesla's mission and the abuse and corruption from the govt and media.
This is complete fantasy, plenty of people have been saying this since the beginning, probably before SMR even heard of Tesla.