Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys aren’t thinking big enough.

After converting OEMs to his NAC standard, Elon will just convert RHD markets to LHD. Problem solved.

I’m betting Australia will be the Ford in this scenario, and Uk will be like VW, given their slow acceptance of fluoride and braces.

Yeah, and if everything goes well, trucks can be converted to LHD too. :)

Apple just rolled over $3T.

TSLA has a long road to pass them.

1688400804084.png

After converting OEMs to his NAC standard, Elon will just convert RHD markets to LHD. Problem solved.

I’m betting Australia will be the Ford in this scenario, and Uk will be like VW, given their slow acceptance of fluoride and braces.
We've used braces for centuries.

Attachments

• 39BE89BD-FC0A-4515-9642-EEC4915F72D1.jpeg
    39BE89BD-FC0A-4515-9642-EEC4915F72D1.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 72
In case anyone was curious on GM's plan for NACS:

"We need to do some work with our calibrations to get the efficiency of that plug to work with the battery pack, but we're going to switch from the CCS plug to the NACS plug," she said. "We're not going to have two in the charge port."

From this article:

My $0.02 on the RHD S+X... kinda sharing NicoV's opinion that they will restart availability once tooling changes for a new version (which may not be that significantly newer... just different tooling). Also, Tesla has that super-transparent visibility into demand and orders for S+X that none of us have - and maybe there just weren't that many orders for S+X in LHD markets. Teslas are expensive in Australia, and in the UK there are a lot of other brands competing for the wallets of the status-obsessed rich - the UK being the spiritual home to Jaguar, Range Rover, Bentley and Rolls etc. - even if they don't have compelling BEVs they might lower demand for other statements of wealth. Tesla must surely have seen the orders coming in and concluded that it isn't worth it - for this round. I believe they will re-introduce S+X at some point, maybe even as soon as the end of the year. OK maybe that was more than $0.02

I really don't understand the logic behind Tesla's cancelling of RHD at all. Sure, I'm in the UK, and an ex model S driver, so it feels particularly bad, but we are not the only country in the world that is RHD.
I can understand the thinking if it was a low-priced, low-profit model, but the S and X and both expensive, and also brand ambassadors.
I can see them sticking an extra few thousand £ on the price to cover for the apparently amazing amount of work required to make an RHD variant.... but to not offer them at any price smacks of an insult.

Its basically telling every wealthy UK EV buyer who likes a sporty sedan, than they should go buy a Porsche. Madness. Combine this with the USS mess, and the zero-FSD in the UK, and Tesla is really not doing a good job at all, of building its brand here. Elon or Tom Zhou needs to visit the UK and talk to some Tesla owners.
You know, I’ve heard endlessly how the S/X are too big for the UK. I also heard a lot about no demand there. But now that those vehicles aren’t available for purchase, suddenly the entire country is pissed. 🙄

Last edited:
Tend to agree coming from Canada into the US as a young adult, the change was evident, was like walking onto the set of Married with Children everytime I came to the US (about 10 times). SMR's little acts of retartedness drag on me, but I like how he starts with key media reports and so I only listen to his first few min. I prefer other tubers that don't belabor the points for 5 min. Also, he did actually help a lot (couple years ago) to convince a friend of mine to buy TSLA. Some folks respond to that ridicule (on steroids). He's also on-point with the facts from what I've seen. So pick your channels, and get some other views.
Aussies are their own brand. Compared to many they have foul mouths, but they don’t actually view those words the same way others do. It’s a cultural difference.

I know some people think you’re joking, but why not? Nobody was predicting everyone would adopt Tesla’s charging form, yet here we are. I suspect in time the other forms will be discontinued.

One of the things that creates efficiencies and cost reductions is homogenization. That’s why Tesla only has 4 vehicles and very few options within those vehicles. Unlike other OEMs who’d have 52 vehicles and 800 options rather than just *gasp* 4 and 12 (or whatever it is that Tesla has).

Edit: And there’s the GM announcement.

In case anyone was curious on GM's plan for NACS:

"We need to do some work with our calibrations to get the efficiency of that plug to work with the battery pack, but we're going to switch from the CCS plug to the NACS plug," she said. "We're not going to have two in the charge port."

From this article:
The site is paywalled for me (despite attempting private mode), so I can't see if the article provided any reasonable explanation for what seems like a dumb thing to say that doesn't read as technically sound....

At first I thought you were talking about what Sweden did in 1967 (after first setting the national speed limit
to something reasonably low), but that's a different level of Jedi mind trick:

Next up: converting to the metric system (maybe Tesla's tooling and suppliers are already that way
internally?)