Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live on the chinese website. The price I believe is slightly higher. Not less than the rumored 200,000 yuan.

Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 8.54.02 PM.jpg

Upon thinking about the Highland M3, I wonder if many of these interior changes are mainly to create separation between this and the upcoming "Model 2" compact car?

By adding vented seats, a rear screen, and interior LGB light strips, they create a contrast between this and the next $25K Tesla, which very likely will be super bare bones without any of those features.

With rumors circulating Highland was going to come in at a lower price than the current Model 3, there could be a nice bump in orders for the current at the reduced prices. Not only FOMO for the new car, but FOMO for the lower prices of the current car from those who are price sensitive.

I hope Tesla announces something along the lines of: 'Order now because we're not making any more and once they're gone, they're gone. We are not going to lower prices again.'

With rumors circulating Highland was going to come in at a lower price than the current Model 3, there could be a nice bump in orders for the current at the reduced prices. Not only FOMO for the new car, but FOMO for the lower prices of the current car from those who are price sensitive.

I hope Tesla announces something along the lines of: 'Order now because we're not making any more and once they're gone, they're gone. We are not going to lower prices again.'
Yup I'm a big fan of that move, will help clear the old inventory asap as well.

So, a bit more on range

China/EU uses a 78 kWh LG pack, US uses a 82 kWh Panasonic pack

But we can ignore that, they say 12% range improvement. Before the US Model 3 had it's range reduced to 333 miles EPA for some still not figured out reason, it was 358 miles EPA

12% more on 358 miles EPA is 401 miles

I don't think a US spec with 400 miles EPA is out of the question, maybe we will get our answer tomorrow or soon with a US specs launch

I said "no significant price increase" and "new bells and whistles", not "no new bells and whistles". Meaning despite new goodies, I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of the car to Tesla actually went down.
Thanks for clarifying and that's what I get for reading too quickly.

Last edited: