Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a non-sense post. Gali starts by using 12-trailing-months earnings for a GROWTH company (PEG ratio is the appropriate metric when you're investing capital for future growth).

He then piles on by talking smak on 'yields' as if TSLA was a divident-paying instrument like a bond (but fails to mention TSLA YTD increase of 100%).

Gali is not this dumb (he has a business degree); this post is deliberately misleading. He's either accumulating, or swing trading, IMO.

Beat ya!

I know youtubers get inflated egos, but surely even gali doesn't think his tweets can move the SP.
It could be as simple as him wanting to appear to be a sage for predicting a range bound stock price for a few months. That's pretty benign but it's far from people like Rob Mauer or Dillon Loomis who I believe are genuinely sharing information and expressing their opinions.

Just because one can’t come up with a reason for a decision, doesn’t mean there isn’t one.
Projects have been delayed over the years for all sorts of reasons

This is just roto-REUTERS twisting the story. The 2027 date may be true for some suppliers; we already know that Giga Mexico will be built in 2 phases, with the 1st one scheduled to come online in Q1 2025, and the 2nd phase in 2027. Total build time for the factory? Sounds eerily familiar... :p

Any guesses how REUTERS chose to report which part of the information they gathered for their 'story'? Which context they excluded to support their narrative of FUD? Twisted, sister.

Telsa will build the Gen3/Model 2 initially in Phase 1 at Giga Mexico, then continue construction immediately for build Phase 2, which will be for Robotaxi. That gives 4 years or so for DOJO to churn away at driver training to produce a superior FSD product. It's all part of the Master Plan.

Any doubts are those seeded by hedge funds, big carbon, unions, and a virtual alphabet soup of organizations that DREAD THE FUTURE. They controlled the past, but...

It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but ourselves” -- Wm. Shakespeare​

Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
🙋‍♂️

Excuse my interruption of FSD, Texas, Roto-Rooters reporting, etc., but the SP has climbed steadily throughout the morning, even as QQQ has basically stayed level and AAPL is getting slammed again. Oil prices are up, interest rates remain elevated, China getting more ornery. I'm pretty pleased with how TSLA is holding up. Hopefully CT announcement coming before or at Detroit auto show and then follow up with delivery event will be positive catalysts for some short-to-medium term gains.

Sorry, but the FACT is that one must do an out-of-state transaction to purchase a Tesla in Texas.
Technically true, but in practice a non-issue. A Texas customer orders on the website (just like they can in any other state), picks up the car from a Tesla Service Centre (or has it delivered to their home in some cases), and goes to the Tax Collectors office to pay the sales tax and get a plate (takes 15-20 minutes).

Something like this charge will happen in every state that collects a fuel tax to help fund road maintenance and construction. Otherwise the ICE fuel user will be the only source. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect EV owners not to contribute a fair share.

Though, it would be nice if the amount being charged were commiserate with actual or average miles of road used. Currently, this charge is higher than the average which others pay at the pump in tax over a year. How many oil and dealership influenced congress-critters were on the team that wrote the statute?

Something like this charge will happen in every state that collects a fuel tax to help fund road maintenance and construction. Otherwise the ICE fuel user will be the only source. It wouldn't be reasonable to expect EV owners not to contribute a fair share.

Though, it would be nice if the amount being charged were commiserate with actual or average miles of road used. Currently, this charge is higher than the average others pay at the pump in tax over a year. How many oil and dealership influenced congress-critters were on the team that wrote it?

California charges $150/year, and many other states are doing similar. Does stink if you have an EV that doesn't get driven much - if at all. (Thinking about the 1916 Detroit Electric that is on display at a nearby museum. It only occasionally gets driven around the museum grounds - so might not be registered at all.)

Though, it would be nice if the amount being charged were commiserate with actual or average miles of road used. Currently, this charge is higher than the average which others pay at the pump in tax over a year. How many oil and dealership influenced congress-critters were on the team that wrote the statute?
I’ve said it in the past: eliminate all taxes meant for road maintenance from all energy sources and simply pay for roads via income taxes.

As for folks who don’t own a car: if you buy food at a grocery store, that food travelled on the road system at the lowest cost the market system will allow; in other words everyone benefits from the road system.

Wow!
Um, congratulations? That must be surreal. If I remember correctly, you make guitar pedals. 45 years ago were in a band traveling the country?
OT, Thanks! Yes, surreal is a good word. I was just a teenager out being a moron in Florida (or was I just misinformed?) 🤣 After all the name is Love in French, and the guitar helps.

So the Pedal thing is this crazy mission to learn more about Design and Manufacturing (at home still). I have a small factory, a little inventory, but it's shut-down as I look harder at my costs. Price is way too high but some sold, no defects, no returns, and no complaints. Quality, hand/machine made, endless opportunity to be creativity, zero competitors. So I'm taking my time, hangin out here, enjoying life.

I learn so much from Tesla at the highest levels - it really is a parallel experience (but nowhere close to the mission or value add). Tesla's early production was "One Roadster per day, two if we're lucky" which is about where this is stuck as I don't want to hand off to slave labor. Someday, our Optimus Robot will be employed here. The classic garage design could become local factories as we may no longer need to store cars in them. 10 yrs, we'll see.

Yeah, Gary - TSLA being pushed down. 🙄 Maybe wait a few seconds there, buddy. And maybe look more broadly at the market. And then, maybe just call a friend and ask for this week’s options plans. No need to make 💩 up, sir.
Oops, Gary. Now what? TSLA being pushed up because *fill in the blank with anything you can pull out your derrière to try and be relevant*.