Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's some context to show how Tesla is willing to diminish its reputation for making super-quick cars.

My 2017 Bolt is quicker than the slowest 2023 Model Y. The Bolt does 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds.

Of course, you get a much better overall car with the Model Y. But we are entering an era where Tesla isn't always the quickest and doesn't always have the longest range.
The mildly refreshed Model Y RWD introduced in China is actually quicker by a second compared to mine - 5.9 seconds vs 6.9 seconds . So the argument is moot. Pace of innovation, baby! 🤠

Last edited:
I remain dubious this provides 600k more vehicles produced in 2024 though, regardless of the question of said cars having eager buyers.

I also wonder where the new production will come from. It doesn't sound like there is a lot of room for growth in the Shanghai and Freemont factories. Berlin is having trouble hiring. That just leaves Austin to start cranking out a lot more Model Y's while also trying to ramp the Cybertruck.

If they want to get back on the 50% per year growth trajectory, Tesla has to get going on Gen 3 ASAP.

Last edited:
I wonder if someone knows something. Macro is performing well TSLA out performing. Hopefully we get an announcement after hours
I think today's price action is mostly due to the MY RWD. It took a day for everyone to notice what a crazy-good deal it is.

Really glad I bought some chairs at $249.08 this morning. I buy every two weeks regardless of price. But it's always fun when you buy and it shoots up during the day.

Ford results are in for US Sales only. Not sure why the OEMs don't issue Worldwide production and sales figures that are easy access, so not compatible to Tesla's worldwide total sales figures for the quarter.

Notable:
"All-electric vehicles grew 14.8% to a record 20,962 on 42.5% growth in Mustang Mach-E deliveries and an 89.8% rise in E-Transit van sales. These increases more than offset a 45.8% decline in F-150 Lightning volume, as that vehicle’s Michigan production has been hampered for most of this year by quality issues and a six-week production stoppage to triple the plant’s annual production rate to 150,000 units."

I'm optimistic too. I think we can also add that in 2024 we are likely to see:
  • FSD gain buzz as it starts to get really, really good. Hands-free too!
  • Megapack production ramp (double?) in Lathrop
  • Megapack production in China
  • Optimus start to do useful work
  • Introduction of Gen 3 vehicle
  • Wider rollout of L2 network
  • Elon stops saying stupid stuff on X (Just kidding. Ain't gonna happen.)
Don't forget the semi. I think most analysts and journalists forget about it too, but its definitely coming. Its clear they are happy with the product, from promoting it recently with jay leno. They just need volume production now, and its not going to be as slow a ramp as CT, as its relatively conventional in comparison.
Also there are rumors of FSD beta in China soon. (and also in Europe 2024)

Don't forget the semi. I think most analysts and journalists forget about it too, but its definitely coming. Its clear they are happy with the product, from promoting it recently with jay leno. They just need volume production now, and its not going to be as slow a ramp as CT, as its relatively conventional in comparison.
Also there are rumors of FSD beta in China soon. (and also in Europe 2024)
Last statement from Elon was that volume production wasn't slated to begin until late 2024 but considering ground hasn't been broken on the Giga Nevada expansion, that might be optimistic.

Ford results are in for US Sales only. Not sure why the OEMs don't issue Worldwide production and sales figures that are easy access, so not compatible to Tesla's worldwide total sales figures for the quarter.

Notable:
"All-electric vehicles grew 14.8% to a record 20,962 on 42.5% growth in Mustang Mach-E deliveries and an 89.8% rise in E-Transit van sales. These increases more than offset a 45.8% decline in F-150 Lightning volume, as that vehicle’s Michigan production has been hampered for most of this year by quality issues and a six-week production stoppage to triple the plant’s annual production rate to 150,000 units."

Some would argue the same for Tesla not breaking out US vs other markets

I think the people that know something are those that have driven cyber truck apparently and rumor that there is a scheduled date for the delivery but they have not released the exact date. Cybertruck hype ready for ignition!!

I was planning on the ramp to help an older dog - has anyone worked the math to know the tailgate height when the truck is in it's lowest stance? higher or lower than a model Y trunk?

Notable:

So when they reopen the F-150 production they'll get 3x the quality issues, good business model!

Love physics @Tronguy, but I'm too thick to understand the maths, which you really need to comprehend it. Still, I got great pleasure over the Yeats reading laymen books on the subject by Gribbin, Feynman, Penrose, Greene and the like...

I think the people that know something are those that have driven cyber truck apparently and rumor that there is a scheduled date for the delivery but they have not released the exact date. Cybertruck hype ready for ignition!!

Please don’t quote this guy. This guy is so harmful to Tesla that investor relations black listed him from attending any future Tesla event. (he blocked me after I innocently pointed out his own pinned post 😂)

Was going to trade referral credits for upcoming trip, now most things (especially supercharging, premium connectivity) gone.. What gives?
- Bullish take: too much demand, no incentives needed
- Bearish take: saving money to make quarter numbers look better???
EDIT: or just a fluke while updating what you can choose?
Anyway, I was thinking that what you can get for your credits is fixed when you get them. Obivously not true :(

Last edited: