Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We could also discuss in one of those listed threads upon how this new AI could have just as easily been named "Marvin" (considering it has been programmed with a Genuine People Personality), thus generating considerably less controversy over the pronunciation. 😉

"Life. Don't talk to me about life." - Marvin the Paranoid Android 🤖😞

Would hate to have to ask Marvin to open the car doors.... "Here I am, brain the size of a planet,..."

…ya I don’t know how many people will pay $16/month just for this when bing and chatgpt are free.

Only the crappy chatgpt is free, the useful chatgpt (4) is 20 dolars/month. Which I personally am very happy paying every month. X.ai is not yet at the level of chatgpt4, but knowing Elon, it will surpass it within half a year. And THAT would definitely be worth 16$/month. Plus, and this is a VERY big plus, X.ai is not woke ;-)

I wanna see a wrap designed to look like it has already been scraped and torn, exposing the stainless steel beneath it here and there. Perhaps with some faux mud printed in the appropriate places.

This way it has that "used and abused" look that a wrap on a work truck or off-road vehicle will have as a matter of course, without it being used for actual work, nor ever having been taken off-road. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️
The jeans with holes of the truck world.

Anybody that wants non-biased responses. I think the amount of people who want unbiased information in their lives is both underestimated and growing.
The trick will be determining what is biased and what is unbiased. I'm afraid unbiased means it agrees with what you think and biased means it doesn't agree.

Anybody that wants non-biased responses. I think the amount of people who want unbiased information in their lives is both underestimated and growing.
Ya if you haven’t noticed, anything Elon touches is branded by the mainstream media as biased/Republican. Go to any Republican and they’ll tell you Fox News is the only “fair and balanced” news lol. And you’re on a tesla forum where all of us have financial motive for Elon related endeavors to be successful so we’re not the best barometer. Hell if you step outside and go to the Starlink subreddit that isn’t full of investors you’ll see equal bitching and moaning.

Thai is the type of logic that leads Elon to say that it’s Twitter blue program will get Twitter sustainable with a majority of its userbase on it, then caved when even celebrities refused to pay the $8/month lmao. Bunch of biased echo chambers.

In what way did elon cave on twitter blue? Its still a thing, and still costs money.
GPT4 makes it absolutely clear, and obvious that ONLY paid social media accounts can possibly exist in the coming years. Tying an account to a bank account is the only viable weapon against bots that can trivially pass the turing test.
I think a few (not all) celebrities got it for free after they complained. Not sure why they can't afford the $8.

This would not mean Grok is coming to Tesla vehicles. However, "Grok in your Tesla" does seem more likely.
I like FSD because it is not running remotely. It uses vision, is low latency and is fully functional while offline. It works with minimal dependencies.

I want a somewhat hardened vehicle where nothing resembling AGI has control or influence over the physical environment.

Any useful distributed application of the inference engine seems unlikely IMO.

I would be interested in an islanded AGI for the home in some form primarily as a home sentry mode tool et al. It has always seemed a waste to be unable to use the FSD HW that I am willing to pay for, comatose for hours daily.

I have zero interest in any AI/AGI that is online. For now it has to be islanded and HW dependent and ownable. Then I’m in.

What happens when market participants start smelling blood in the water around the auto OEMs who are touting the "demand problem" as their reason for cutting back?

As investors compare automakers, some are bound to notice that there are EV makers who, for some reason, are not being affected by the same demand problem the others try to paint as covering the entire canvas. It is really just them painting within the lines of their own coloring book.

When those invested in legacy OEMs decide to move away from investment in the companies which are curtailing EV production and experiencing rising union costs, amid rising inventory and softening demand for all of their products, they will be looking for a better place to invest.

Which auto company already has a track record of exceeding expectations during difficult economic times? Whether a pandemic, parts shortage, or ridiculous news stories that fall short of telling the full story about whose demand problem this really is. Which company makes the best selling vehicle in the world? Is it ICE or EV? This might be a clue for the clueless, but they are unlikely to make the distinction.

If only there were one company with solid financials, new products, diversity in several compelling projects which could significantly alter the future of mankind, and which was founded under leadership that has been wildly successful in multiple disruptive business enterprises.

What will happen?

Will those investors be able to find shares at a discounted price for a company that is likely to continue to rally, despite the economic malaise affecting so many other possible recipients of their bank roll?

Honestly, I doubt that most will find such a company.

But, some will. Then, they will tell two friends (and their Uber driver), who will tell two friends, ...

HODL

Last edited:
So maybe Elon's tweet might not mean what some think it means.

The comparison to SETI makes it sound like the robotaxis would do distributed training while not in use.

This would not mean Grok is coming to Tesla vehicles. However, "Grok in your Tesla" does seem more likely.

It’s def inference, not training, in the car. Memory and bandwidth not in the same galaxy for training. Dr Know-it-all discusses in this vid.

What happens when market participants start smelling blood in the water around the auto OEMs who are touting the "demand problem" as their reason for cutting back?

As investors compare automakers, some are bound to notice that there are EV makers who, for some reason, are not being affected by the same demand problem the others try to paint as covering the entire canvas. It is really just them painting within the lines of their own coloring book.

When those invested in legacy OEMs decide to move away from investment in the companies which are curtailing EV production and experiencing rising union costs, amid rising inventory and softening demand for all of their products, they will be looking for a better place to invest.

Which auto company already has a track record of exceeding expectations during difficult economic times? Whether a pandemic, parts shortage, or ridiculous news stories that fall short of telling the full story about whose demand problem this really is. Which company makes the best selling vehicle in the world? Is it ICE or EV? This might be a clue for the clueless, but they are unlikely to make the distinction.

If only there were one company with solid financials, new products, diversity in several compelling projects which could significantly alter the future of mankind, and which was founded under leadership that has been wildly successful in multiple disruptive business enterprises.

What will happen?

Will those investors be able to find shares at a discounted price for a company that is likely to continue to rally, despite the economic malaise affecting so many other possible recipients of their bank roll?

Honestly, I doubt that most will find such a company.

But, some will. Then, they will tell two friends (and their Uber driver), who will tell two friends, ...

HODL
My bigger immediate concern is a recession where "auto" (and all transport really) gets avoided like the plague by investors.