Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Been MIA from the forum for a minute, but still quite heavily invested. ;-) Sadly, it appears I wasnt one of the lucky Cybertruck event raffle winners. If anyone won a ticket and doesnt have a need for their +1 I'd love to speak with you. I might cover your airfare, dinner, or something else to attend with you. Please let me know!

Reactions: EXOTIC1 and wipster
Like it or not, agree or not, disregard or not, EM tweets keep showing up in this thread despite CONTINUOUS, SYSTEMATIC, CONSISTENT declarations from Moderators that they may SHALL not. A deplorably large number of you seem to think (1) YOU do not have to follow the strictures of belonging to this discussion; a far larger number are just as culpable in thinking that because there was a leader, you can be a lemming and follow suit.

Moderators cannot act at the speed of light. Just because an actionable post has not yet been taken down DOES NOT give you carte blanche to continue it.

Othermod: I used to be on standards committees. "May not" means you don't have permission. "Shall not" implies sanctions. I say "shall not". And I'm jetlagged and prone to annoyed reaction. --ggr

I'm happy - for a given definition of that word - to acquiesce to your standards committee's standards. So shall it be. So shall it has been rewritten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm....what do y'all think?

Free delivery too?

What's the difference between that and a dealer ad in the online AutoTrader? However, if the haggling is eliminated in the process, and it reduces ave cost of the sale, why not.

So long as they are unbiased in the data or sales presentation... hmmm maybe a bit too much power for any one company.

Free delivery too?

What's the difference between that and a dealer ad in the online AutoTrader? However, if the haggling is eliminated in the process, and it reduces ave cost of the sale, why not.

So long as they are unbiased in the data or sales presentation... hmmm maybe a bit too much power for any one company.

Some time soon ...

Amazon search: Tesla

Results:
(1) Sponsored: Hyundai IONIQ5
(2) Sponsored: Hyundai IONIQ6
(3) Sponsored: Hyundai Kona Electric

Amazon's search results are dreadful.

Some time soon ...

Amazon search: Tesla

Results:
(1) Sponsored: Hyundai IONIQ5
(2) Sponsored: Hyundai IONIQ6
(3) Sponsored: Hyundai Kona Electric

Amazon's search results are dreadful.
They said more companies are in plan later that year. Tesla maybe? 🤣
So far, Amazon loves Tesla... full body castings too!

1700187365712.png

Reactions: wipster and capster
For those interested, this probably means good things about the greater EV sector and towards sustainability. I was really surprised to hear about countries outside of the major car utilization countries adopting EV's whether they're 2, 3, or 4+ wheels:

"Electric two wheelers and three wheelers combined displace four times as much oil demand as all electric passenger cars sold globally. So your two- and three-wheeler electric vehicles are displacing about a million barrels of oil demand per day, whereas passenger cars in total, are displacing about a quarter of a million barrels of oil demand per day. And for context, we consume about 100 million barrels of oil every day."

More:

2nd Update. Another white Model Y LR has arrived in Scottsdale. We will hopefully take delivery on Thursday.
But I have the tax info. Registration fees were about $906, and sales tax $4100.
Hoping for a good experience on Thursday - will give a final update.
We are transferring free lifetime supercharging from the 2015 S to the LR Y
Last Update: Took delivery today. The white Model Y LR was as close to perfect as I could imagine. The inventory still seems to be lean. A batch came in this week to the Phoenix area and replenished the supply of inventory cars, but I'd still call it lean. I don't think they had one of every variant available (interior color, exterior color, seating 5 vs 7, tow hitch, etc). We talked to a lady comparing a model 3 she just test drove to our Y and she decided the 3 was not quite roomy enough as her husband (not present) is on the tall side. We think she is going Y. No wonder that car is flying off the shelves around the world.