Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will check IDs
You can bring anyone as your "plus one"...

Screenshot_20231117_014606_Chrome.jpg

Like it or not, agree or not, disregard or not, EM tweets keep showing up in this thread despite CONTINUOUS, SYSTEMATIC, CONSISTENT declarations from Moderators that they may SHALL not. A deplorably large number of you seem to think (1) YOU do not have to follow the strictures of belonging to this discussion; a far larger number are just as culpable in thinking that because there was a leader, you can be a lemming and follow suit.

Moderators cannot act at the speed of light. Just because an actionable post has not yet been taken down DOES NOT give you carte blanche to continue it.

Othermod: I used to be on standards committees. "May not" means you don't have permission. "Shall not" implies sanctions. I say "shall not". And I'm jetlagged and prone to annoyed reaction. --ggr

I'm happy - for a given definition of that word - to acquiesce to your standards committee's standards. So shall it be. So shall it has been rewritten.
Is there a thread somewhere in the forum where these things are/can be discussed? As an investor/trader I want to be aware of anything that affects the stock price, but I don't want to be monitoring social-media 24/7 either

For those interested, this probably means good things about the greater EV sector and towards sustainability. I was really surprised to hear about countries outside of the major car utilization countries adopting EV's whether they're 2, 3, or 4+ wheels:

"Electric two wheelers and three wheelers combined displace four times as much oil demand as all electric passenger cars sold globally. So your two- and three-wheeler electric vehicles are displacing about a million barrels of oil demand per day, whereas passenger cars in total, are displacing about a quarter of a million barrels of oil demand per day. And for context, we consume about 100 million barrels of oil every day."

More:

Also, as people start their transport experiences with electric bikes, scooters, small electric cars, the appeal of getting an ICE car later reduces.

I'd like to see Tesla target driving instructors with deals, insurance or at least information on running costs. Possibly Model Y is too big, too expensive to insure for UK, but makes more sense for Germany with its high-speed training (where fuel costs are high and safety is important).

When driving schools switch to small (reliable automatic) electric cars then used ICE demand will fall further as those with new licences won't want the hassle of ICE cars. From memory, automatic tests in UK exceed manual (stick) tests now, but I couldn't find evidence in a quick search, I did find that Direct Line insurers said automatic tests were 42% in 2020-21. In the UK, if you have a manual licence, you can drive autos as well, but NOT vice-versa. Therefore many people take manual tests even if they have no immediate need. The other aspect is that few small automatic cars are reliable UNLESS they are electrics (small auto transmissions have poor reputations).

10 hours prices:-
Tesla Model Y: £489 (£10 per hour more than ICE automatic)

ICE - (much smaller car, Leaf[EV], Corsa or Toyota Yaris perhaps)
Manual: £359
Automatic: £369
1700215004259.png

TBH any driving instructor or delivery driver or taxi driver still using an ICE car needs their head examined. These are the three best, most immediately obvious profitable uses of a switch to an EV.
We have an old fashioned post delivery van that delivers the mail to our village (Postman pat style, for UK readers). This van absolutely definitely never goes over 40mph at any point in its day, probably does about 40 miles a day in total, and starts and stops every 100 feet. Absolute insanity for it not to be an EV. Its not even hybrid.

I dont think Tesla should be offering any discounts or special treatment for use cases like this, but fleet operators DO need educating as to just how much they will save. And they also need to be aware that as their rivals switch to EVs and dump ICE vehicles on the second hand market, it also reduces the resale value of their legacy fleet too. The sensible choice is to dump your ICE fleet now, while it still has *some* resale value!

TBH any driving instructor or delivery driver or taxi driver still using an ICE car needs their head examined. These are the three best, most immediately obvious profitable uses of a switch to an EV.
We have an old fashioned post delivery van that delivers the mail to our village (Postman pat style, for UK readers). This van absolutely definitely never goes over 40mph at any point in its day, probably does about 40 miles a day in total, and starts and stops every 100 feet. Absolute insanity for it not to be an EV. Its not even hybrid.

I dont think Tesla should be offering any discounts or special treatment for use cases like this, but fleet operators DO need educating as to just how much they will save. And they also need to be aware that as their rivals switch to EVs and dump ICE vehicles on the second hand market, it also reduces the resale value of their legacy fleet too. The sensible choice is to dump your ICE fleet now, while it still has *some* resale value!
You get post? :)

The average age in my village is about 150, so yup. Lots of people here get post! Same applies to amazon deliveries though.
If it helps, we still get our milk delivered by an electric milk 'float' :D.
In a town nowadays, milk float is diesel now - really bad choice for dead of night delivery. They have some electrics, but not on my round. Electric milk floats were fantastic, could drive up ice & snow covered hills while 4x4s lay abandoned.

Recommendations in UK for Tesla powertrain conversion?

1700220608561.png

In Italy it's mixed. Most of the postmen do have electric vehicle: two-three wheelers for city center, cars for semi-urban/rural areas. It works. Packages come in vans and are always diesel-powered, they do a lot of kms per day and most companies are private.
A reliable and mid/long-range electric van would sell really well in Europe. We don't really have pickups.

Like it or not, agree or not, disregard or not, EM tweets keep showing up in this thread despite CONTINUOUS, SYSTEMATIC, CONSISTENT declarations from Moderators that they may SHALL not. A deplorably large number of you seem to think (1) YOU do not have to follow the strictures of belonging to this discussion; a far larger number are just as culpable in thinking that because there was a leader, you can be a lemming and follow suit.

Moderators cannot act at the speed of light. Just because an actionable post has not yet been taken down DOES NOT give you carte blanche to continue it.

Othermod: I used to be on standards committees. "May not" means you don't have permission. "Shall not" implies sanctions. I say "shall not". And I'm jetlagged and prone to annoyed reaction. --ggr

I'm happy - for a given definition of that word - to acquiesce to your standards committee's standards. So shall it be. So shall it has been rewritten.
How can somehow ‘ignoring’ EM’s posts, including tweets or any other public statements, be in the interest of this forum? For me as an investor and owner they are highly relevant and have without any doubt an impact on company performance and SP. And lately not a positive one.

This thread is as close as it gets. Don’t worry, anything relevant will be posted here, and if it has a real impact there will no doubt be an off topic post or two. All too often, stuff in the other threads has about the same value as the rest of social media.

Mod: I just posted an explanation for why this isn't happening. Now I will have to start deleting subsequent messages. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Please look at TSLA's performance yesterday in the context of similar stocks. Almost all EV stocks were down except for Lucid, which introduced the Gravity. (Most of us know how that saga is going to play out).

Then look at TSLA's performance in the last week.

Then look at Elon's posts and understand what he REALLY said in context. Don't take what headlines want you to believe at face value. Then look at some of his historical posts on X (several within the last few months in fact) which directly contradict the media's narrative from yesterday.

Then consider the caustic effects that cancel culture have had on society. Reality is more nuanced than a one-line headline written by an editor that didn't even write the article.

Then consider max pain, and how TSLA stock, the most active in the options market, typically gravitates toward max pain at the end of the trading week.

Then take a deep breath, and take the drama elsewhere.

Are you saying Elon is a racist, or just that his tweets are vague enough to be interpreted as racist? And that's why the stock price has been going down?
He is a racist and a anti semite

Moderator response to this is post #433,382; this public announcement is the sole reason this abhorrent post remains and shall remain undeleted.

How can somehow ‘ignoring’ EM’s posts, including tweets or any other public statements, be in the interest of this forum? For me as an investor and owner they are highly relevant and have without any doubt an impact on company performance and SP. And lately not a positive one.
Then go to one of the Elon Musk threads on the forum.

My dislike stemmed from the fact that your last post made no sense. There is no event, whether a tweet by Musk or a surprisingly good quarterly report, that can be proven to effect the price of any share. Stock valuation is an art, not a science. There is however quite strong support for that brand perception matters to sales.

The bolded/underlined was the entire point of my post.

It seems that you do agree with me after all.

Anyone claiming a direct relationship between a comment made by Elon and significant SP movement is probably basing their analysis almost entirely upon their own confirmation bias.

Stock valuation is what it is. A number resulting from the participants in the market. The result itself is neither an art, nor a science.

It is only the analysis of the valuation derived from the result of buyers and sellers actions which will venture into the realm of art and science.

Last edited: