Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I didn't post that chart. Nor did I respond to it directly. Maybe the results mean nothing, but I'm just pointing out that rationalizing the results of that chart to be "good" for Tesla is absurd.

It would seem that it was you doing all the rationalizing.

Nobody made any claim that the chart was "good" for Tesla. Show me, if you believe otherwise.

The post you replied to was addressing how the chart did not support claims being made that Elon had been damaging the brand over the past years, which is what a few Chicken Littles keep going on about.

The chart was pretty flat and showed no ongoing indication of a consistently worsening brand issue over the years. There was a wide horizontal channel and, more recently, a narrow horizontal channel.

Most recently, the chart shows an uptick within a well established narrow horizontal channel.

It has no good/bad value. It is a chart. A reference point. One that was being referred to. No judgement at all.

dragnet.jpg

He was invited over maybe 50 times between CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN Business and other channels to spew FUD on Tesla, and the media hosts and anchors so gleefully encouraged him with leading questions and reveling and amplifying his FUD.

I am wondering if any of these Presstitutes would invite him to do an introspection and ask him the hard question on what went wrong with his hypothesis ?

"Mr Chanos, you indicated several times that Musk might be committing fraud and lying to investors. Do you regret saying that and perhaps your whole bear thesis was wrong?"

That video from James Stephenson that @Artful Dodger posted earlier on Chanos, is fantastic
Yeah, I'd love to see an intrepid reporter dig into this. So much of the financial media was buying his BS. To dig into Chanos's failings would likely expose the failings of press too.

Guess this would qualify as advertising?
View attachment 992334
I know there has been some debate on whether the stainless steel panels will qualify as an exoskeleton.

On this sign from Tesla, the official word is it has an "Ultra-hard stainless steel exosekelton." No word on an exoskeleton...just this new "exosekelton" thing. I wonder how many doll hairs the price will be...

Just realized that the Norwegian Language User Manual for my Tesla has been updated with info about how to use FSD Beta. Earlier this chapter only mentioned Autopilot.

I understand from posts on X that this is true for other countries here in Europe.

Which made me remember this tweet by Elon on Nov 13th:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1723852174818471956

Whole Mars Catalog asks

Hey @elonmusk
@aelluswamy
or anyone else on the Tesla team:

Any guess on when customers might first be able to try out FSD 12?

Elon Musk then answers:

About 2 weeks

Wall Street Analyst Initiated Tesla Inc [TSLA]. What else is Wall St. saying – The DBT News

This cannot be correct….

“An analysis of Institutional ownership at Tesla Inc [TSLA]​

The top three institutional holders of TSLA stocks are: VANGUARD GROUP INC with ownership of 1.3 billion shares, which is approximately 8.2579%. BLACKROCK INC., holding 1.04 billion shares of the stock with an approximate value of $201.66 billion in TSLA stocks shares; and BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC, currently with $177.59 billion in TSLA stock with ownership which is approximately 5.7994%.”

Wall Street Analyst Initiated Tesla Inc [TSLA]. What else is Wall St. saying – The DBT News

This cannot be correct….

The top three institutional holders of TSLA stocks are: VANGUARD GROUP INC with ownership of 1.3 billion shares, which is approximately 8.2579%. BLACKROCK INC., holding 1.04 billion shares of the stock with an approximate value of $201.66 billion in TSLA stocks shares; and BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC, currently with $177.59 billion in TSLA stock with ownership which is approximately 5.7994%.”

It's not.

Vanguard, Blackrock, and then State Street are the top 3 at ~53, 44, and 25 billion (in dollars) each rounded to nearest even number.
Berkshire doesn't appear anywhere on the list of holdings over $1.0B (43 companies do)

As to # of shares- Vanguard has ~226 million, Blackrock ~187, State Street ~105. Nobody has REMOTELY CLOSE to 1 billion shares- not even Elon.

Last edited:

This cannot be correct….

Oh my. That reads like an AI generated page, complete with hallucinations. You literally have to curate your own data sources now. Any random thing posted on the web has to be assumed to be wrong unless you know its provenance.

But honestly, the first tell should have been the page header 😂. Where did you get that link from?

1700532084093.png

But when I tell them my cost for energy per km over the life of the vehicle (so far 5.5 years) is 3.5 cents a km, they suddenly get it.
I wouldn't be so sure about this. So many people I talk to are incredibly unable to grasp simple financial math. I have explained the economics of solar to many people, in depth, showing them that the investment will result in a payback period of about 4 years, meaning they'll have over 20 years of free electricity even before the warranty on their panels runs out, and people still don't see the financial benefit. Never underestimate the lack of financial wherewithal of the average person.

Dual-motor cybertruck is reported as having a 122kwh battery according to multiple X posters, stating a very reliable source.

Ryan McCaffrey, from the Ride The Lightning podcast, also reports the same 122kwh battery, and saying it's from a very reliable source in his podcast as well.

When was the last time Tesla publicly specified battery size of one of their vehicles? Even if 122 kWh is true, we probably won't know on Nov 30. We'll need to wait for an owner (or somebody else with access and no NDA) to do some charging math and post it...

Reactions: MartinAustin
When was the last time Tesla publicly specified battery size of one of their vehicles? Even if 122 kWh is true, we probably won't know on Nov 30. We'll need to wait for an owner (or somebody else with access and no NDA) to do some charging math and post it...
So now assuming it consumes 275Wh/mile (generous) that would be 440 mile range about? For 500 mile range that would have to only consume 245Wh/mile

• Helpful
Reactions: ShareLofty

This cannot be correct….

So, this must be what going mad feels like.

8e930ee137856ea46b825655583ae2a3--going-crazy-mornings.jpg