Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I am asking also. The other response indicated that it is included.
That's what Tesla puts when you buy FSD (since it's not yet Full FSD)
SmartSelect_20231209_112243_Firefox.jpg

You know - we DO grow snow in Alaska.

To the extent - and early words notwithstanding, I don’t believe it’s a very large extent - that CT truly does have an exoskeleton, mounting…and keeping😩…a plow on it could be a horrific challenge.

And I never have had a plow on my F350, or on my long-wheelbase F250s. First, the aforementioned diesel engine fouls up the available forward weight; second, the stop-go, super short-length, slow speed & low gear runs that plowing entails combine to be the very worst abuse one can do to a diesel powerplant. Of course, this paragraph has zero bearing on the CT.

BUT third, effective plowing is most sensitive to wheelbase - and overall! - length. A long-bed, crew-cab, long-hooded truck makes for plowing hell. I’ve used only my beater trucks, all of which have been gasoline-powered: single-cab F150s and Chebbies plus one Ram, and back in the Oligocene a wonderful post-War Jeep “wagon” that I learned on before getting a license. Since the diminutive CT is so short, it also would pass that criterion.

Nowadays, I clear most of my ~ 3/4 miles of roads with a combination of a big-bucket skidsteer and the backblade of my excavator (those diesels are up to that use).
I'm not understanding why anyone would want/need to add a snowplow onto the front of their Cybertruck. The thing's a tank, and bulletproof. Just use it as a snowplow as is from the factory, and ram your way through! Snow too high to plow? CT becomes a tunnel boring machine. :cool: :rolleyes:;)

And after you do this, let us know how it went.👍 /s

That's what Tesla puts when you buy FSD (since it's not yet Full FSD)
View attachment 997885

Thanks for the clarification mongo. To me it seems worth it although for us we wouldn’t want the big tires.

We are probably going a different direction anyway but if we would get the two motor over the 3 motor and spend the extra money on the long range auxiliary pack.

We are far enough down the list where we have time to think about it, and by that time the founders edition will be unavailable.

Reactions: mongo
I'm not an employee and got my email. The price is silly but I've been dreaming about this for so long. Now I wait to see when they can deliver.

View attachment 997817
So everyone dumps on Ford for dealer market price adjustments, but is OK with Tesla doing the same thing for the first 1000 CTs. Oookay.

Personally, I think both Ford and Tesla are in the right to be doing this, since I like free markets.

I'm not understanding why anyone would want/need to add a snowplow onto the front of their Cybertruck. The thing's a tank, and bulletproof. Just use it as a snowplow as is from the factory, and ram your way through! Snow too high to plow? CT becomes a tunnel boring machine. :cool: :rolleyes:;)

Yeah, Cybertruck IS the plow. No plow is the best plow.

Put CT on lowest suspension setting and have at it. Can’t wait to see vids of this in action.

So everyone dumps on Ford for dealer market price adjustments, but is OK with Tesla doing the same thing for the first 1000 CTs. Oookay.

Personally, I think both Ford and Tesla are in the right to be doing this, since I like free markets.
Apple vs oranges
Tesla is not taking all the available 80k Cybertrucks and bumping the price up $20k just because they can.

$80k truck
$3k white interior ?
$12k 14k FSD
$600 UWC
$390 all weather floor mats
$40 tray
$40 D rings
$25 bottle opener
$45 gear locker dividers
$1.8k Gateway
$?? Laser logo
$?? All Terrain tires
EDIT $230 Mobile Connector
= $100k+
For $100k
And only for the first 1000 units which are going to TX and CA

Last edited:
Apple vs oranges
Tesla is not taking all the available 80k Cybertrucks and bumping the price up $20k just because they can.

$80k truck
$3k white interior ?
$14k FSD
$600 UWC
$40 tray
$40 D rings
$25 bottle opener
$45 gear locker dividers
$1.8k Gateway
$?? Laser logo
$?? All Terrain tires
= $100k+
For $100k
$14K FSD?? $25 bottle opener? huge margins on all that. My point stands.

I’ll get back to you on that once I’ve got 8’ of snow up here.

Reactions: AZRI11
Apple vs oranges

$80k truck
$3k white interior ?
$14k FSD
$600 UWC
$40 tray
$40 D rings
$25 bottle opener
$45 gear locker dividers
$1.8k Gateway
$?? Laser logo
$?? All Terrain tires
EDIT $230 Mobile Connector
= $100k+
For $100k
No paint or upholstery protection/sealants? Nitrogen filled tires? Alarms? VIN etching?

Oops FSD is $12k right now.

What point is that? That a manufacturer selling a limited edition package is the same as a dealer increasing the price with no value add?

This is like Ford building Platinum trims while there is a shortage of XLTs, not your local dealer selling an XLT for the price of an Platinum.

A market adjustment is extra cost for zero additional function. Tesla is force-including a bunch of stuff, but they are including actual stuff. It’s not the same thing at all.

Seems like a smart way to mitigate the terrible early-ramp margins to me. If they are still selling only Foundation trucks in March, then my annoyance level will rise.

Both are foolish not to if there is demand for their products. Would just be leaving money on the table.

Ford dealers do it - only dealers benefit and pocket their money for who knows what.

Tesla does it - all shareholders benefit and Tesla can reinvest money for improvements.

That’s why I’m okay with Tesla doing it and despise dealers doing it.