Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. The Daily Fail is one of the very worst rags in existence.

Of course neither the Headline or the article explains that the subject incident was reported on an OHSA report in 2021, well before any Teslabots existed, and at Texas while Teslabot would be developed at Palo Alto. So it was possibly a 3rd-party robot that pinched the hand of an employee.

But gory details are fleshed out vividly (rather than truthfully), so the imaginations of low-info consumers of such twaddle can fill in the rest. Good thing the UK has laws protecting this type of 'reporting'. /x

With driver removed, there is no need for a front seat, nor four doors. I'm convinced the first Robotaxi will be a two door hatchback

Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 11.28.25 AM.png

Whatever you do, please don't tweet that design at Elon! /s

Cheers!

They worked great in the 1964 Lincoln too. You could open the rear door while having a bag of groceries on the front door ledge. Never had an issue with not being able to get in the rear as compared to the front.
Thanks for posting that. Exactly what I had in mind in my earlier comment (except smaller suicides). They gain a lot in ingress/egress with the pillar.

Reactions: jerry33
Last edited:
Then explain the VW Beetle, and how it changed style constantly to stay fashionable over it's 33 yr production run.

People want value, reliability, and (now) safety in their transportation choice, not fashion statements.
50+ years for the classic Beetle. The last one rolled off the Puebla, Mexico line in 2003. Some designs are timeless.

Reactions: navguy12
Well, I'm not sure the Bolt "show the way" to selling in large numbers.

Now you may argue that it's due to lack of marketing/manufacturing, but I'm not sure I've seen evidence of huge demand either...
We don't know how much demand because at the price it was being sold (combined with incentives of course) GM wasn't making enough of them. Try looking for inventory if there was any, it was base or overloaded. Bolt EUV was clearly the #3 EV in the USA. Bolt + Bolt EUV were selling 6k per month earlier this year, then 4k per month (essentially capacity) and that's despite crap DCFC speeds and CCS.

Now imagine it charged like the LFP 3SR, and had Supercharger access.