Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sawyer Merritt just said on spaces that he has calculated that the IRA credit rebate currently is available to 100m Americans and will jump to 250m in 3 days. Is that close to correct?
Could be since time of sale transfer means you don't need tax liability to claim the entire amount, just have to be below the income limits.

Last edited:
Not the strong year end finish we were hoping for TSLA. However, perspective, up 130% for the year. If we are up only half that percentage in 2024 we will be back to all time high. A lot in the Tesla pipeline. Exciting times.
Wishing all a happy and healthy 2024.

Screen Shot 2023-12-29 at 4.41.16 PM.png

FSD v12.1 rollout: Ye-gads, that's brisk! :D

Paging @The Accountant this should release most FSD deferred revenue in Q4 Financials
The transparency of the Deferred Revenue amount on the balance sheet is not great. I am not sure if we will see deferred revenue recognized in Q4 from the v12 release because quite a bit was recognized already with the 'Autosteer on city streets' update. I have not stayed close to this topic to be of help here.

...up 130% for the year...

View attachment 1004185

Yeah, that's not "for the Year" that's since Close on Jan 3rd, 2023. For the year, you have to go from the Close of the previous year (Dec 30, 2022) which was $123.18

Thus: YTD 2023 248.48/123.18 = 2.0172 or +101.7% for the Year, which is an outstanding showing for TSLA. :D

Cheers to the Longs!

Tesla Plans incoming (likely late-January):

Elon Musk on X: "Next week, I will do a company talk for SpaceX, followed later by a company talk for Tesla after the 10K. I will recap the talented team’s amazing accomplishments of 2023 and describe exciting plans for 2024 and beyond! These will be posted publicly to @SpaceX and @Tesla." /X Dec 29, 2023​

Last edited:
We have only 3 weeks to go until the massive yearly Jan 19 2024 options expiry, where open interest currently stands at a whopping 2,726,167 contracts. Max Pain stands at $220 (this will likely migrate slightly closer to the SP as we near the date). Given these two facts, it is very strongly in the interest of the market makers to pull tightly on the reigns on the SP until then. The FUD seems to be coming as fast now as late summer & fall of 2019, doesn't it? Eh, probably just coincidental.

Tesla earnings report isn't until Jan 24, 2024, after the Jan 19 Quad Witching expiry. Also, from a technical analysis perspective, sometime around late Jan the final 50:100 golden cross will inevitable occur (assuming SP stays over $250). There seems a lot of excitement in the air over V12.1, Cybertruck, Optimus, Highland coming to US, Juniper ramp in Shanghai, likely imminent India Gigafactory announcement in January, Megafactory in Shanghai breaking ground, GigaMexico breaking ground (not for certain, but very possibly soon), Model 2 entering production, factory expansions of all sorts at nearly every Gigafactory (as well as Lathrop Megafactory), potential for Auto and Energy and perhaps even Services to suprise Q4 earnings...etc etc. You get the point. If a number of these imminent catalysts were to occur in close succession (perhaps even purposely...as if some 4D Chessmaster was coordinating them), the sweet sweet fragrance of Burnt Hair will certainly fill the air.

"One man has them totally surrounded, outnumbered, and outgunned. Elon Musk. " - Jack (may he rest in peace)

Happy Early New Year everyone. I am grateful to all of you over the years for the perspectives and entertainment you have provided. I usually start and end my day here, obsessively. I truly value and respect you all so very much. HODL!