Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's been a vocal supporter for many years, and represents a younger generation, which is good. He started buying $TSLA early... 2013? And it is his largest position by far; he has not sold much over the years and, when he has, it has been to invest in start-ups. He's been quiet on Tesla in the last pair of years or so, perhaps saddened by Elon's conservative/unpredictable antics? But he seems to be back to buying and hyping the stock/company, which is good. He has a lot of YouTube viewers on "Hyper Change" and he's also been busy with his small VC initiative "Hyper Guap", where they invest in start-ups. His heart is in the right place. I think he incorrectly hyped Arcimoto; it's a tough industry.

Ah thanks - I assumed he sold it all in 2016. Might look him up on the tube then.

WRAPture in VEGAS, anyone?

CopShoppedCT.jpg

If this happens in Vegas, it definately won't stay in Vegas! :D

Cheers!

Seems your group of 20s don’t have an Elon problem, they have a money and affordability problem.

The group of 20’s I know are more honest. They say as soon as they can afford to buy a Tesla, that’s what they’ll do.

It never occurred to me as an honesty thing. Ideological maybe?

It's just a new trend. Whereas before it was a one sided approval of tsla. There are many also who supports tsla. I didn't do a proper survey to count the ratio.

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd
It never occurred to me as an honesty thing. Ideological maybe?

It's just a new trend. Whereas before it was a one sided approval of tsla. There are many also who supports tsla. I didn't do a proper survey to count the ratio.
I find people have a harder time being honest with themselves than anything else. Suffice it to say, many simply go where the wind blows them rather than standing on their own against it. When Elon is the flavor, rah, rah, Elon. When he’s not the flavor, poo, poo, Elon. Like bell bottoms, the cycle will come back around again for people and it’ll be rah, rah again. Maybe when Tesla makes a car they can afford, or when someone they know who drives one gets in a serious accident and walks away, or when Elon denounces someone or something they do as well, or, or, or.

People have short memories, they’re fickle, and 20 somethings are generally so far from being knowledgeable, wise, self-reflective, or brain mature it’s laughable. Don’t all you 20 somethings get your panties in a wad, you’ll realize the truth of your 20’s when you’re 40.

10-15 years from now maybe Tesla is an AI/robotics company, but today, TODAY, they are an energy company. Jordan hasn't spent over two years making vids on AI and bots...

Yeah, but Jordan was spending time two or three years ago making vids on batteries to get to where we are today. (Energy is mostly solved, just need to ramp up now)

So, maybe the time is right to do the grunt work for AI and Bots now, considering how two or three years ago Elon was laying out the plans for Tesla Energy. A few years in the future, thanks to this new direction, AI and Bots might be mostly solved and ramping as well.

Believe it or not, Elon is a dynamic creator with a bushel basket full of vastly different plans for disruptive technologies to achieve the mission.

He is now saying the focus is on Tesla AI and Bots, planning, as always, for the future.

What about this is difficult to understand?

Do you think it will slow the ramp of Tesla Energy because Elon's focus is on AI and Bots?

Ask yourself, did focusing on growing Tesla Energy slow the ramp of Tesla Autos or Tesla Factories?

Now, look ahead to where AI and Bots will be, thanks to Elon staying ahead of the game and focusing on the next project at exactly the right time.

Last edited:
Phew, that was a tough two years.
I actually didn't touch any of my investments and just hunkered down.

Going to check back in more often and watch the cybertruck phenomena. Actually hopeful this year Bought calls for 2025

How is everyone else's business doing?
Sold some puts...trying to take money from the shorts. Didn't work for me in the past but for some reason I'm doing it again. I guess it's true you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I've been going around asking several different groups. And for the current 20s generation. Unfortunately many got turned off tesla by what musk spewed out on Twitter.

I actually pushed the envelop, went further and asked them to put a number on this Elon Musk reputation discount. So for Equal EV spec cars,tesla will have to be 7000 cheaper for them to consider a Tesla.
It's a good thing Tesla's share of the total personal automotive pie is still in the single digit. I will care about the adoption of these folks when it's above 50%. For now, I'll recklessly toss them into the long end of the late adopters segment. I don't think Tesla should care to please or educate them; cost more than they are worth.

A.I. development is growing at a pace that will shock many people. The amount of resources being allocated is astounding.

Most of the big players involved will not prioritize human safety and best interests like they should. I'm happy to see Tesla and Elon putting a large focus on A.I. as I do think they will focus on safety and may be able to counter other bad actors.

I find people have a harder time being honest with themselves than anything else. Suffice it to say, many simply go where the wind blows them rather than standing on their own against it. When Elon is the flavor, rah, rah, Elon. When he’s not the flavor, poo, poo, Elon. Like bell bottoms, the cycle will come back around again for people and it’ll be rah, rah again. Maybe when Tesla makes a car they can afford, or when someone they know who drives one gets in a serious accident and walks away, or when Elon denounces someone or something they do as well, or, or, or.

People have short memories, they’re fickle, and 20 somethings are generally so far from being knowledgeable, wise, self-reflective, or brain mature it’s laughable. Don’t all you 20 somethings get your panties in a wad, you’ll realize the truth of your 20’s when you’re 40.
Your post triggered a random thought. We've heard of sheep-herders but never sheep-dispersers. Which would take more effort, herding a flock of sheep to move as one unit or to disperse them such that each one stands / travels on its own?

Time will tell, but in 10 years they'd be 30 something. I noticed it started near the end of the pandemic on the way back from group hike. As I was giving a free ride to the 20 something cause gas was 200/liter back then.

It strike me as notable cause he hated it enough to risk trash talkimg tesla to the guy giving him a ride in a tesla.

Then it happened several times after with different ppl.

Sold some puts...trying to take money from the shorts. Didn't work for me in the past but for some reason I'm doing it again. I guess it's true you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I thought about that as well, but all my cash are now sitting in gic and 30 year gov bond giving 5%.

I have a rule to onoy sell puts when I have cash secured against exercise event.

Reactions: saniflash
Time will tell, but in 10 years they'd be 30 something. I noticed it started near the end of the pandemic on the way back from group hike. As I was giving a free ride to the 20 something cause gas was 200/liter back then.

It strike me as notable cause he hated it enough to risk trash talkimg tesla to the guy giving him a ride in a tesla.

Then it happened several times after with different ppl.
These people are annoyed because Elon is not afraid to be who he is. These people are scared of what their parents think, what their friends think etc. and whenever they people see a person who is comfortable in their own skin it triggers them like nothing else. Not everyone will love Tesla and who cares really

Like bell bottoms, the cycle will come back around again for people and it’ll be rah, rah again.

Are you saying that my bell bottoms might finally be in style? Must say I love you for that!

Obligatory TSLA: Since 57% growth in Europe while Elon says what he wants on X - perhaps @elonmusk is a US only issue?

These people are annoyed because Elon is not afraid to be who he is. These people are scared of what their parents think, what their friends think etc. and whenever they people see a person who is comfortable in their own skin it triggers them like nothing else. Not everyone will love Tesla and who cares really

My philosophy has always been to listen to everyone so I can invest better.
I play chaotic neutral in any rpg setting.

Don't y'all remmeber Gali's 15 minutes when he was the retail representative on the the 18Q1 earnings call?

Same one where Tony the Bernstein Bear annoyed Musk...

And "Spak", you can't make these names up!

Bonehead Questions Are Not Cool

Analyst Tony Sacconaghi with Sanford C. Bernstein & Co was asking a followup question on Tesla’s lowered capital expenditure plans. He specifically asked about what the company’s capital requirements will be for the remainder of the year, when Musk interrupted him.

Excuse me. Next. Next. Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?

These Questions Are Killing Me

Joseph Spak with RBC Capital Market was the next analyst to be victimized by Musk’s sass. Spak asked a question about reservations for the Model 3.

We’re going to go to YouTube. Sorry. These questions are so dry. They’re killing me.
With “YouTube,” Musk was referring Galileo Russell, host of the “HyperChange TV” YouTube channel, who was invited to be on the call to represent retail investors. The week prior, Russell had asked Musk via Twitter to “give retail investors a voice.” Musk responded, “Ok.

Your post triggered a random thought. We've heard of sheep-herders but never sheep-dispersers. Which would take more effort, herding a flock of sheep to move as one unit or to disperse them such that each one stands / travels on its own?
There needs to be a balance between followers and leaders. The biggest problem is followers who follow without thought and end up following bad/nefarious or other leaders. Followers need to think for themselves and then choose an exceptional leader to follow.