Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This really is ridiculous. It makes all our hair-pulling about ... everything fighting against TSLA ... into perspective.

Here's a post by Cern himself that puts a positive humanist spin on the crazy-tunes economics for TSLA:

View attachment 1007170
^^^^ This

I've been answering some folk's concerns for the displacement of employees with essentially this. Only, not spelled out with numbers to illustrate just how beneficial a future of lowered energy costs combined with robots doing the repetitive, boring and dangerous work will be for anyone who can learn to find their own purpose in life.

Now, if we can just work out genetic aging reversal and/or a consciousness backup/transfer mechanism, I'll be set as a HODLer for a very long time. 😎

Are you suggesting elon is lying about NASA giving him random drug tests? I would find that very hard to believe.
Someone looking at someone else's behavior and saying 'they are on drugs' is not evidence. Actual drug testing is evidence. Elon is a very unusual personality AND clearly has mental health challenges, as many people do. But to just state that someone is 'on drugs' because their behavior is out of the oridnary is lazy and ridiculous.
And when its done just to hurt a company, or slander an individual it absolutely should be libelous.
I find it absolutely disgusting the amount of unfounded crap that is written about someone who is doing more to save humanity from climate change than anyone else in history. I will absolutely side with Elon against the FUD and clickbait trash written about him. Anyone who has read the biogrpahies and followed his activities over the last decade or so would likely do the same.

The sooner X destroys the mainstream media the better. They deserve to die.

I would like to think random drug tests by NASA should shut down any further doubts, but as you know, it came from an Elon Tweet, so MSM has to question that of course.

I think that's why a previous poster suggested they wanted NASA to comment- they could clarify if the testing ended in 2021 as the tweet implied or is still ongoing- and could clarify the frequency, or if they're JUST testing for pot/alcohol or more (and if so what more, and if they count detection of prescription drugs or not).

Of course NASA is unlikely to actually say anything either way for a slew of reasons.

The story had intimate knowledge of multiple board members expressing concern, including one who effectively quit the Tesla board because of the issue. It’s likely that at least two board members were sources which would be good enough for any editorial team to proceed with. Most of the story mentions corroborations from multiple people attending the same meetings and parties where Elon was acting irrationally or where Elon was consuming drugs, and also quotes Elon directly about his thoughts on drugs, including that he personally uses ketamine (which although he has a prescription for, is also a popular party drug when consumed in higher quantity).

Stepping back a bit, it should be noted that when recreational drugs are legal, it doesn’t mean people cant have a serious issue with using them that affects there employment & judgement. It doesn’t matter what position you are in, if drugs/alcohol start impacting your work performance then it’s likely to cause serious issues. If you are the CEO of one of the worlds largest publicly listed companies, AND the owner/chief engineer of a major US government space & defense contractor, then it would be no surprise if multiple red flags are raised when you start using drugs in public (either on podcasts or at large parties) and also when you publicly talk about how you use ketamine.

There is an obvious reason if it turns out Elon doesn’t sue the WSJ for defamation.

Occam’s razor guys.

Everyone seems to forget that Elon has often said he constantly shoots himself in the foot. He constantly does dumb stuff, especially when it’s not related to actual company operations.

it isn’t the end of the world if Elon in fact does have a serious drug abuse issue. If that is indeed the case, it can be solved with him seeking treatment to correct the issue.

It does seem that some of the people can be fooled all of the time. 🤷‍♂️

You just keep suckling at the teat of the popular media and enjoy the rush of endorphins your outrage 😤 provides to sustain your addiction to them. You continue to do this, despite the most basic common sense observation of Elon's amazing work ethic and accomplishments that speak volumes in dismissing any such claims.

He clearly could not have been so productive for so many years if these accusations you have chosen to support your personal vendetta were even remotely accurate.

Last edited:
While we are on it we should get upset with any CEO that drinks, smokes, doesnt exercise, eats poorly, dependent on caffine, doesnt get enough sleep, doesnt agree with me, etc ... since all of these are liabilities and all.

Are employees really complaining about this or does the author think they should be if he is actually doing "drugs"
Most employees are happiest if the CEO just leaves them alone to do their jobs (as most CEOs do not want any input from employees).

A bunch of EVs, including Teslas going up a sand dune in a event in the UAE, first time there is an EV only class

At least the Hummer EV is good at something :D
Also there is this monstrosity

1704751729048.png

OT OT OT
@winfield100 @Puma2020

Actually I don’t need or want any proof…I just like pictures of Teslas in scenic spots!
We rented this Model S from Turo last May for the 405-mile range, to drive from Vegas to 3 of the Utah national parks. We stayed at 2 hotels with destination chargers, so we had no range anxiety driving through the desert. Here we are at Capitol Reef...
1000004544.jpg

I think that's why a previous poster suggested they wanted NASA to comment- they could clarify if the testing ended in 2021 as the tweet implied or is still ongoing- and could clarify the frequency, or if they're JUST testing for pot/alcohol or more (and if so what more, and if they count detection of prescription drugs or not).

Of course NASA is unlikely to actually say anything either way for a slew of reasons.
Agreed. Why would NASA get in the middle of a hit piece that typically comes out at around quarterly earnings call? Any facts WSJ had, if any, isn’t new news; does not pass the temporal test for relevance.

Well, my comment was made based on drone flybys of the lithium refining plant and it looks nowhere far along for 1H commissioning.

Joe Tegtmeyer published a 2-minute update today on progress at Tesla's Corpus Christi lithium refinery, from 3rd-party images taken on Jan 02, 2024 (twitter link in img).

Joe says installation is proceeding on the rotating kiln and cooler system, and some of the superstructure

25 Cybertrucks Shipping, Boring Company Tunnel Equipment! 8 January 2024 Giga Texas Update (07:35AM)

Joe Tegtmeyer published a 2-minute update today on progress at Tesla's Corpus Christi lithium refinery, from 3rd-party images taken on Jan 02, 2024 (twitter link in img).

Joe says installation is proceeding on the rotating kiln and cooler system, and some of the superstructure

25 Cybertrucks Shipping, Boring Company Tunnel Equipment! 8 January 2024 Giga Texas Update (07:35AM)

Thanks for that … the lithium refining part is the very first thing in that video. For 95% of the site, they are still doing grading and foundation digging. Now I know this is not going to be the size of a gigafactory, so it won’t take a year to build, but it’ll take at least 6 months. Then it’ll be qualification testing, etc. so I still stand by my statement that 1H24 production isn’t going to happen. Early 2025 is my guess for actual useful production volumes.

Thanks for that … the lithium refining part is the very first thing in that video. For 95% of the site, they are still doing grading and foundation digging. Now I know this is not going to be the size of a gigafactory, so it won’t take a year to build, but it’ll take at least 6 months. Then it’ll be qualification testing, etc. so I still stand by my statement that 1H24 production isn’t going to happen. Early 2025 is my guess for actual useful production volumes.
That's what they want you to think!

(afterhours ok?)

Joe also mentioned extra car carriers parked on standby.

He speculated that these are for the expected ramp in Model Y and Cybertruck production.

I counted an extra 10-12 carriers on standby, and it is a short trip to the Taylor railyard...