Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a formal announcement is coming. YMMV
Yes, the formal announcement will come quickly. Nobody can afford the uncertainty.

The board can't afford it. The employees can't afford it. The shareholders can't afford it. And even Elon can't afford it.

If Elon's gambit doesn't pay off, everybody loses. So either the deal is already done or it will be done soon.

However a typical boat/trailer combo is 1/3 the weight of a Model Y.
Hmmmmm…….. A Y is roughly 4,000 lbs. a third is roughly 1300 lbs. My last ski boat on trailer weighed close to 3,000 lbs. Definitely a harder pull than a Y. Knocked the mileage of a Suburban by about a third. Of course, that was at 75 mph. I am definitely a e-car fan ( on my second S ) but major towing with battery vehicles is still a problem.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you think the truck is a win and not a fail? In what way?

It's double the price with half the capabilities promised at reveal. Total fail.

We all know (and I include you in that) that the Cybertruck will get cheaper when production is up relative to demand. Right now, production is low and demand is comparably huge. You can't honestly consider the current price a failure, can you?

As to the specs, the dual motor was revealed at $50K with 3500 pounds payload and 300+ miles of range. Current version is $80K (60% extra after years of unexpected inflation), with a 2500lb payload (70% of reveal spec) and 340 miles of range. And, of course many features were added or improved -- rear wheel steering was not announced at the reveal, the suspension range and ground clearance is better, etc.

So, you're playing a real game of picksy-choosey on whatever specs or version you are using for comparison and still exaggerating to get to your "double the price and half the specs" statement.

And, again, we all know demand way outpaces supply on the Cybertruck, and Tesla is capitalizing on that. What sort of investor (that's what this forum is for, right?) complains that the company they invest in can take in more money on a lower specced product than expected?

Of course, your motivation is revealed by using the word "promise " at all when talking about a business...

How dare people on a Tesla investment forum care when the CEO of Tesla says he will no longer work on two big growth projects at Tesla because he wants more shares, and threatens to instead work on them at other companies he starts in competition to Tesla.

Maybe the guy is saying exactly what you want him to: it's not that he "won't do his job" as CEO...it's that he won't be CEO anymore if he doesn't hold the voting rights he thinks are needed so he can exert the influence he believes is needed for humanity-altering AI and robotics development .

That's what you want right? To get rid of Elon? We all get that some people don't like Elon...no need to be so roundabout about it.

As to the specs, the dual motor was revealed at $50K with 3500 pounds payload and 300+ miles of range. Current version is $80K (60% extra after years of unexpected inflation), with a 2500lb payload (70% of reveal spec) and 340 miles of range.
Also 6 seater was promised. No ramp either. No mention of needing an extender to get more range that takes up the whole bed.

Also from what I'm reading the range is nowhere near 340.

Maybe the guy is saying exactly what you want him to: it's not that he "won't do his job" as CEO...it's that he won't be CEO anymore if he doesn't hold the voting rights he thinks are needed so he can exert the influence he believes is needed for humanity-altering AI and robotics development .

That's what you want right? To get rid of Elon? We all get that some people don't like Elon...no need to be so roundabout about it.
I would love it if Elon were to simply perform his job properly of being the Tesla CEO. If he doesn’t want to do that anymore for whatever reason, then no one is forcing him to stay. He shouldn’t stay and sabotage the company future instead.

Last edited:
There isn’t. That’s why he’s trying to negotiate for.
Negotiate in private, be a big boy with big boy pants and discuss this directly with the board! And the board does need to develop testicles and put forth a comp package that is fair but also includes more protection for the shareholders so he does not tweet everything that comes into his mind, and then apologizes later…it is too late at that point.

Mod: travelling for over 24 hours, running on fumes, request that the elon compensation go to this other thread:
--ggr

Me:
Thank you @ggr, but I disagree. Far too important to TSLA to relegate to a standalone thread.
~Vetinari

Last edited by a moderator:
Negotiate in private, be a big boy with big boy pants and discuss this directly with the board! And the board does need to develop testicles and put forth a comp package that is fair but also includes more protection for the shareholders so he does not tweet everything that comes into his mind, and then apologizes later…it is too late at that point.
I think he is purposefully making this statement for all to see. With his faithful following, this type of transparency will favor him.

Mod: travelling for over 24 hours, running on fumes, request that the elon compensation go to this other thread:
--ggr
Respectfully disagree. This is the most headline Tesla news of 2024, consequences of this outcome will effect the TSLA investment in most profound ways. Please kindly keep this front and center for everyone to discuss.

Last edited:
--ggr

This is potentially a major moment in Tesla company history. Why on earth would you shunt it off the main Tesla investment thread?

The CEO just said he wants board to grant him 25% ownership of the company, or he will no longer work on AI & Robotics at Tesla (Either by neglecting the projects, or as others here are speculating might quit)

Oh yeah, and with all that money he's surely going to buy another island, mansions, like he did so many time before, right?
What? Did you just go off, off, off topic. Nobody mentioned anything about he spends his money…that is his choice as long as that money does not tank TSLA!

Oh, that kind of happened already by not selling privately when buying X.