Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gen 2 Optimus had a toe piece added, so not flat anymore.

It seems to have a more natural swing to it. This is much improved I think.
Been studying the Gen 1 vs 2 differences in the walk. It has changed.

Gen 2: Watch the head up/down motion (Z only) which has increased since Gen 1.
The torso in the Gen 2 also seems to have a greater jolt as it lifts the back leg to bring it forward.

Gen 1: Looks like it's trying to balance a book on it's head. Removal of the stick type embedded device appears successful. 😁

Unfortunately it seems like Elon will decide the response and the board will go along with it which is what the judge used to void the package.
Yes, so unfortunate he saved the company from bankruptcy multiple times, that he risked every cent of his own money, that he took on a role he didn’t want to but did so because somebody had to, that he has been the glue that holds thousands of people together on a mission and path that not a single other established entity dared to attempt or wanted to, that he attracted brilliant minds from around the world -

Never mind. You don’t get it and never will.

I’m feeling disenfranchised by this ruling. A judge has ruled that my votes don’t count. I took that vote very seriously (more seriously than most political elections I’ve voted in) and to have a judge dismiss it as she has leaves me feeling stripped of something important. It’s hard to put in words but this seems so fundamentally wrong to me.

If this means Elon won't give a state of the nation talk then I'm going to get really mad at this judge! :mad:
Ooh, I think there are a number of people who view themselves as entitled shareholders that are really hoping there’s no state of the union speech. Of course, I’m with you. I love a good fireworks show.

No it wouldn't. I don't think the shareholders want TSLA removed from the S&P500.

Even if it was possible to add another class of shares, doing so would remove TSLA from the S&P500, since they changed the rules to not allow multiple classes of shares. (They grandfathered in the companies that already had multiple classes before they changed the rules.)
Looks like it's not only Elon that knows to play 4D chess

I'm shocked that TSLA is moving with the market today instead of heading sharply lower.

So much for the old adage that the market hates uncertainty.
If anything the SP should be moving up if the dilution from the shares from Elon package are no longer on the table. However given there is likely to be an appeal and/or a new package it's still all up in the air.

He didn't overrule it,the Judge ruled that the vote was based on a plan from an impartial board. I would be happy to give Elon the package but the lawyers/board at Tesla dropped the ball here letting a court case like this possible.
I just don't understand why the board being friends/lovers/comrades/shipmates/countrymen/neighbors/brothers/spouses/whatever even matters. The shareholders voted to approve it. Nothing else should matter. If shareholders felt they weren't getting a good deal out of it, they would have voted against it.

I wish people would read the ruling before posting, it's nothing to do with the amount awarded or the details of the targets, it's boils down to the board not being independent of Elon. Whether this is the case or not is down to the Judge's evaluation of the evidence. There is no corruption, not left wing plot by Biden etc.
I wish people who think the judge did right didn’t talk to the rest of us like we didn’t read the judgement before coming to our own conclusions.

Yes, people in business cannot be friendly, like one another, have sat down to a meal and campfire talked, nor have worked cooperatively and fairly in the past, present or future for the benefit of ALL because those actions are a clear sign they are swindling ‘somebody’. (That’s sarcasm, Matias)
Newsflash
Annual Board of Director meetings (with Sr Mgmt attending) for many S&P500 companies are often held at lavish accommodations in glamourous locations with spouses invited. I'm aware of one company having such a meeting with spouses this week. From my interaction with BOD members, they often know each other and family well.

I just don't understand why the board being friends/lovers/comrades/shipmates/countrymen/neighbors/brothers/spouses/whatever even matters. The shareholders voted to approve it. Nothing else should matter. If shareholders felt they weren't getting a good deal out of it, they would have voted against it.

From what I read the problem was which board members did the negations from Tesla's side vs Elon on the comp package. If said person/people were seen to be mates then it could be seen as not a proper negotiation. I would have voted for the package also (can't vote as my shares are in UK) it's not about if the package was fair or not or whether the share holders approved it, but about how it was negotiated and by whom. Im not saying the Judge was correct here just explaining the decision.

I’m feeling disenfranchised by this ruling. A judge has ruled that my votes don’t count. I took that vote very seriously (more seriously than most political elections I’ve voted in) and to have a judge dismiss it as she has leaves me feeling stripped of something important. It’s hard to put in words but this seems so fundamentally wrong to me.

In the back of my mind exists a smidgen of hope that this entire drama could have been engineered to relieve Tesla/TSLA/Elon of a jam they had inadvertently placed themselves into. Or, at the very least, the ruling leaves them in a much better position to compensate Elon in a way that is considerably less problematic.

Basically, everything about the ruling appears more as an opportunity to be exploited going forward than it does anything to be upset about. It gifts the Board a "Do-over" for compensation planning which avoids taxes for the period of the 2018 package.

Before the ruling, Elon would have to negatively affect the SP to get his compensation, then pay half or more of it in taxes. Now, with lessons learned a new package can be put together.

I'm holding judgement on whether this is good or bad in the long run, in lieu of a wait-and-see stance.

I might feel better if only Elon and Tesla had ever surprised us with foresight and agility in challenging situations before. 🤷‍♂️ /s

Edit: After reading how the suit was filed when the comp plan was voted upon I struck some text above to adjust for this info.

Last edited:
I wish people who think the judge did right didn’t talk to the rest of us like we didn’t read the judgement before coming to our own conclusions.
I never said the Judge was right, clearly some people didn't really understand what the decision was about, it important to understand it so that it can be resolved. Sorry if my tone was off from the text not intentional.

From what I read the problem was which board members did the negations from Tesla's side vs Elon on the comp package. If said person/people were seen to be mates then it could be seen as not a proper negotiation. I would have voted for the package also (can't vote as my shares are in UK) it's not about if the package was fair or not or whether the share holders approved it, but about how it was negotiated and by whom. Im not saying the Judge was correct here just explaining the decision.
Yes, I understand the judge's reasoning for the decision. But if it is indeed a violation of the law, the law doesn't make sense. Why does it matter how the negotiations proceeded? Shareholders didn't vote on the negotations, we voted on the END RESULT of the negotiation. How you get from A to B doesn't matter if everyone democratically voted on B.

A person holding a single share could propose that Tesla give $1M to each employee as a thank-you for their hard work. This obviously would be a horrible business decision and would bankrupt the company, but suppose all shareholders approve it. Does that mean the judge gets to strike it down because the person suggesting it was not looking out for the financial interests of the company?