Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Public reactions are seldom left to chance. Rather, they are carefully crafted in PR conference rooms to create maximum emotional affect: a.k.a. to manipulate public opinion.

In 2011, the CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos presented a 6-part documentary called "Love, Hate and Propaganda" which I highly recommend. It focuses on the WW2 era, but the principles shown are equally applicable today:

Cheers to the Critical Minds!

Well, it's even better than that! Those solar farms are also dotted with new wind turbines. China is poised to achieve its 2030 carbon emissions targets by 2025. China consumes 13M bbd of oil but produces only 4M. Most of their coal is imported.

Any doubt who will reach net zero first? Its in their financial interests to decarbonize as rapidly as possible, just as it was in their interests to electrify as quickly as possible in the 2000s to support industrialization. Now, a low-carbon grid is cheaper, more reliable, and less subject to foreign dependancies. Engineers make the decisions in China, not the Courts.
China could very well reach net zero first before the US, modulo coal. I've heard about China reaching
"peak gasoline", believable due to the shear ICE -> EV conversion rate. And if coal is disintermediated,
there are fewer coal tankers to China, thus participating in a positive-feedback loop with less fossil fuel
transport, too.

To loop this back to Tesla Energy investment futures (gotta put the TSLA investor plug in here somewhere,
always!), there's a wonderful article in the latest Science Magazine about "Water Batteries" as a supplement
to near/medium/long-term Megapack sales.

The no-paywall article shows that Chinese engineering in this department also may move faster due to
less bureaucracy than elsewhere:

Last edited:
I'm NOT saying Elon will run for Governor of Texas (even though the U.S. Constitution allows it).

Tidbit of note:

The U.S. Constitution has no bearing on who may be elected to state government. States have their own constitutions. The states created the U.S., not the other way round.

The U.S. only has absolute jurisdiction over D.C., and the territories and possessions of the U.S. (Guam, Puerto Rico, etc.), with the exception of any state rights their legislatures might have waived via contract in exchange for something from the U.S. (quite a few things in all honesty)

I can't imagine Elon being interested in any public office short of Emperor of Mars.

Also, as for any move after the Delaware Punch, I hope they decide on Nevada, or some other state with a long record of protecting business interests and demanding (enforcing) good behavior from any attorney running scam suit mills. I don't think Texas is ready for prime time in regard to protecting a business with gusto, the way some others have built a reputation for. Delaware used to count itself among those.

Last edited:

IMG_6960.jpeg

Even the expert gets wrong frequently. Or in this case, 0 out of 3.

What/where is the dedicated thread? Thx!
I come back after months absence, post, and see the mods are already aiming their nukes at the most important, ONGOING issue.

I've deleted and reposted here: Elon Compensation Package

I'm not even sure that's the thread the mod is referring to. I've been keeping up here.

F it. No one reads the other dedicated threads that get zero activity per day on average. Here's the post I was talking about upthread.

I find it hard to believe anyone being honest and thinking clearly can argue with the following:
  • Overturning Musk's pay package might hurt future votes, even from supporters. They might think he already delivered and deserves no further pay.
  • The judge did not understand the distinction between payment for continued and ongoing work, versus the incentive an individual has when owning shares (or options) in a company
  • Shareholders voted on clear performance-based compensation, not board intentions. A transparent, even outrageous, plan with high goals would still get a vote. Rejecting the majority vote sets a bad precedent.

I didn't see anything in the procedural ruling that was difficult to understand for someone who isn't a lawyer, and I've now asked a lot of lawyers. Even if a Godlike lawyer came down from the sky and told me that the ruling made perfect legal sense, I'd then say, fine, some laws need to be changed, because this will lead to derangement down the line.

I believe what his trying to say is Meta is doing a lot better than TSLA so a buyback and dividends sound good. Where as Tesla can't do that.

I'm pretty impressed with the FCF generation. Meta managed to generate in 2 quarters all of TSLA's cash on hand to date. They gave guidance of 20% growth for the coming year too.

Tesla really is pathetic if you think about it lol.

Thanks for that. I've added my detailed opinion in Comment #63

TL;dr
  1. Elon was Chairman of the Board
  2. the Chairman controls the Board
  3. Investors knew that (or should have)
Paging @ggr Is this the thread you were referring to? Thanks again.

Cheers!

Last edited: