Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a Chinese podcast (you can turn on English subtitle) interviewing an ex 7-year Tesla AI employee, on his thought on TSLA, his personal investment, and his experience in Tesla AI team.
This host bought his air-b&b house, where they recorded this interview, with his TSLA investent.
If you think you're frustrated with Musk's behavior that cause stock crashes, his workers are even more fraustrated.

Not many people watched this entire thing but you should as this Asian guy is one of the few who survived 7 years on the AP team.

One thing to note is that the stock price absolutely affects the worker's mood and productivity according to him. He said many team members took out margin loans during the meteoritic rise of Tesla stock and after Musk decided to sell massive amount of stock, these workers were all margin called. It's probably the most frustrating thing ever when employees unlike us cannot just sell anytime to close their position but must wait till the windowed period.

So in theory, Musk should be more mindful about what he says and do if it's material to the stock price(lol I say material to the stock price and not really material to the company).

If you need someone to accompany you during delivery to check things out, I might be available for helping with that 😄
That would be helpful. My last Model 3 was a Performance model that I reserved the day before the Brazil one. FWIW, they opened reservations for several countries (I don't remember them all) the morning after those interminable waiting lines opened in the US. I stood in a Miami line for six hours together with hundreds of other wildly enthused people to buy the Tesla dream. I drove there in my P85D, which had dozens of people asking me questions.

It would take mere seconds for me to dump by actually quite decent XC40 Recharge, which has improved form lousy systems integration when I bought it to actually pretty good two years alter, courtesy of the Geely obsession to mimic both form and content of Tesla's update process.

Anyway, the Volvo remains with all the warning signs as launched. Maybe there will be a OTA update (oops Recall) to make their fonts "better and/or safer". /s I'm worried because I'd never heard of an unsafe, accident causing font before. Ignorant me./ss Luckily my Model S has been suitably updated. To my chagrin I cannot perceive the difference./sss

Last edited:
That would be helpful. My last Model 3 was a Performance model that I reserved the day before the Brazil one. FWIW, they opened reservations for several countries (I don't remember them all) the morning after those interminable waiting lines opened in the US. I stood in a Miami line for six hours together with hundreds of other wildly enthused people to buy the Tesla dream. I drove there in my P85D, which had dozens of people asking me questions.

It would take mere seconds for me to dump by actually quite decent XC40 Recharge, which has improved form lousy systems integration when I bought it to actually pretty good two years alter, courtesy of the Geely obsession to mimic both form and content of Tesla's update process.

Anyway, the Volvo remains with all the warning signs as launched. Maybe there will be a OTA update (oops Recall) to make their fonts "better and/or safer". /s I'm worried because I'd never heard of an unsafe, accident causing font before. Ignorant me./ss Luckily my Model S has been suitably updated. To my chagrin I cannot perceive the difference./sss
How crazy would be to take delivery in Chile? Still far from service center but at least doable in case something was needed, way less expensive than sending it back to the US

With an awesome roadtrip from there to Rio

It's probably the most frustrating thing ever when employees unlike us cannot just sell anytime to close their position but must wait till the windowed period.
At least at the 2 last public companies I worked at, the window period was mandatory only for very senior executives. Others could buy and sell at will.
In fact, at the last company I worked at, I was in senior management (VP title or higher) for 15 years but only 3 of those years I was held to the window period to buy/sell. The other years I had no restrictions.

I'd happily sign were it not for the financial penalty of Texas incorporate plus the unknown new corporate court. We it to be said for, say, Nevada, where there is a long and reliable history plus lower fees I'd sign in an instant.

Same.

Incorporating in Texas is a huge unforced error if they go through with it-- it's courts have typically been quite ANTI corporate (and super slow)- and the new ones they're setting up are a total unknown at this point. Nevada in contrast has a quite solid pro-business history and court system.

(there's also reasons you don't want to incorporate in the same state as your actual HQ/primary operations that doing it in TX would also run into but that's getting far afield)

If you think you're frustrated with Musk's behavior that cause stock crashes, his workers are even more fraustrated

I can imagine. I often hear that Elon wants to keep share price down to help workers collect more shares at lower price but if the stock is down or flat for months/years, the employee sees their restricted stock shares not gaining any value and for some, the value is dropping. This can be especially frustrating if there are stories of past employees walking out as millionaires.

At least at the 2 last public companies I worked at, the window period was mandatory only for very senior executives. Others could buy and sell at will.
In fact, at the last company I worked at, I was in senior management (VP title or higher) for 15 years but only 3 of those years I was held to the window period to buy/sell. The other years I had no restrictions.

Bill Wright told us a few years ago it applies to ALL employees, every quarter--- from 2 weeks before P&D until 2 days after earnings call (unfurl the link to see his additional info/replies)

At least NVDA and AMZN are enjoying stellar performance today. Meanwhile, TSLA has gone red on the 1 year chart. 🙁

iu

HODL TSLA!

How crazy would be to take delivery in Chile? Still far from service center but at least doable in case something was needed, way less expensive than sending it back to the US

With an awesome roadtrip from there to Rio
It’s only 3700 km, and has some spectacular scenery. I’ve only done that by air.

Surprising it made it past initial certification then. Though I see only symbols in ICE cars. Curious one.
Agree, but you can use pictographs without print like the squiggly lines for abs. After all some drivers can’t read😃 Seriously! Some like me are basically blind and can still drive. Some states don’t check up even if you’re 120 as long as you don’t have any wrecks Or tickets. Off topic rant: I wish they would apply this rule to Apple.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: wipster and 2daMoon
Agree, but you can use pictographs without print like the squiggly lines for abs. After all some drivers can’t read😃 Seriously! Some like me are basically blind and can still drive. Some states don’t check up even if you’re 120 as long as you don’t have any wrecks Or tickets. Off topic rant: I wish they would apply this rule to Apple.
Not so in the US, the words are the requirement for BRAKE and ABS, symbols are optional and not defined for those two.
Squiggles is ESC which has an allowed symbol in FMVSS 101.

With this in mind, perhaps the organization responsible for the establishment of these seemingly universal icons used across the automotive spectrum is who the recall should be directed at?

The words and/or symbols are defined in FMVSS 101, the text height is set in 105 and 135.

It is BS next level. Font Size, really?
The funniest things to me about this font size recall are that the average car owner:

1. ignores idiot lights until the car stops running or catches fire,
  2. has no idea what each individual light means and
  3. has no idea where their car's users manual is.