Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't this new? From the filing.

"options to purchase 303,960,630 shares of Common Stock that are exercisable within 60 days of December 31, 2023".

The prior options did not need to exercised for years out?

I also thought that, but then I realised it may just be a statement about the eligibility of those options in the share count, rather than a statement about the expiration date.

Isn't this new? From the filing.

"options to purchase 303,960,630 shares of Common Stock that are exercisable within 60 days of December 31, 2023".

The prior options did not need to exercised for years out?
I'm not an options person, don't know anything about them--what would happen to the SP if Elon exercised the option to purchase 303,960,630 shares within the next 60 days? And is that likely?

• Helpful
Reactions: Linkmeup
Wow - I'm reading the tweet's comments (I know, please pray for me) and, apparently, multiple accounts are saying that he's always had this many shares, but its been misreported as they're options.

Hanlon's Razor - never ascribe to malice what can easily be found to be incompetence (paraphrasing here)...
Yeah looked at last years 13G/A and its reported the same way. Options = Ownership.

Kind of odd as I don't believe he can vote the options and it is not likely he can actually control this many shares as typically he needs to sell a portion of the shares for taxes when he exercises as others have noted.

Reactions: InTheShadows
Is there a rule of thumb for this? Jeff Bezos sold 2B worth of AMZN this week and it roughly went from $174 to $170.
Bezos also didnt dump on the open market like a maniac.

Love Elon as much as we may, hes like that friend who routinely gets drunk and yells "me and my lil mate here are finna kick all yall asses" at the whole bar. I just wish he told me before we got in the car.

Agree. What about a notable increase in FSD take rate when V12 releases? That's a $$$ number, pure software, pure margin increases.
On Valentines Day?
Well... I wasn't expecting Elon's "Amendment 14" today on Feb 14th. But I'll take it as a sign of his love? Maybe it becomes more clear over our romantic dinner tonight. Classy if so!

I'd love know exactly what this thing could be prepping. Trojan horse perhaps? Need more clues over here!

And why the AH spike at first? Some people see something at first?

Well... I wasn't expecting Elon's "Amendment 14" today on Feb 14th. But I'll take it as a sign of his love? Maybe it becomes more clear over our romantic dinner tonight. Classy if so!

I'd love know exactly what this thing could be prepping. Trojan horse perhaps? Need more clues over here!

And why the AH spike at first? Some people see something at first?
Algos bought shares because the headline sounded like Elon Musk had acquired a stake in some company. Then turned out its old info.