Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes L3 take rate is nonexistent. L3 doesn't sell anything. People just want L5 because no one wants a bunch of criteria before something can be used. People usually justify their purchases based on fantasy usage. "I should buy this 200 dollar power tool cause what happens if I need to save money by fixing my wife's car engine one day" -said by someone with zero idea how to build an engine.

So to have high amounts of restrictions does the opposite of selling a product. The main reason why FSD take rate is so low(besides the price) is all the L2 based nags and monitoring.

One huge advantage that Tesla has in selling an L3 system is that the early adopter types that will make up the first wave of buyers are far more likely to already own a Tesla or to buy one.
Potential L3 is not a consideration for your typical Mercedes buyer.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Seems that a certain assertion made last week was incorrect claiming that Giga Berlin's 6K/wk result was due to 'burst production' before the holiday: Berlin is smashing it right now. :D

Tobias Lindh on X: "My new time-lapse video from today at #GigaBerlin​
The production line is running again and it seems that production output has increased significantly.​
I have never seen that many trucks leaving the factory loaded with new Model Ys." /X​

GGZ-S5fXoAAu3p8

Last edited:
Some evidence that Cybertruck production is around 57 a day, or 20.8k/year

While I doubt Tesla will do that, it would be nice if they split it from S/X in next earnings

More discussion here https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/57-cybertrucks-made-daily.12323/

I think many people expect the CT ramp to be linear, or a nice smooth curve, but I wouldn't be surprised to see several big jumps. The line is going to be restricted by a single thing at a time, potentially with every other step on the line at a much faster rate.
If everyone can currently go 150 CTs/day except the headlight step, then we potentially double production when they sort out why thats a bottleneck.

They would never share it, but I would LOVE really fine-grained info on what the bottleneck is on any line, for any product at any Tesla factory. But TBH I'm unusually obsessed, as I actually made a whole video game about it (called production line :D).

Anyway: I'm still hoping to see a step change in CT numbers at some point.

Seems that a certain assertion made last week was incorrect claiming that Giga Berlin's 6K/wk result was due to 'burst production' before the holiday: Berlin is smashing it right now. :D

Tobias Lindh on X: "My new time-lapse video from today at #GigaBerlin​
The production line is running again and it seems that production output has increased significantly.​
I have never seen that many trucks leaving the factory loaded with new Model Ys." /X​

GGZ-S5fXoAAu3p8
In the long term, the line moves at the rate of the slowest process or part supply. In the short term, it can move as fast as the slowest final assembly line step. Need to give it a week or two to see what steady state is.

Line startup after scheduled downtime can be about as peak production as it gets. All machines are 100%, part stock full, materials staged, sub assemblies queued, logistics aligned, buyers amd transporters waiting. Just a few cobwebs in the ol' muscle memory.

They could have also done line improvements, but that would not have impacted pre-shutdown production where they would likely build until they ran out of parts rather than pace based on supplier deliveries.

Or, Tesla could have been telling the truth that they were at 6K/week before the shutdown, and are continuing now. But that don't turn the pay-tree on, does it?

In a world where 'supply is low', 'demand is low', and every piece of news is bad, what do you expect? An admission in 2 weeks? :p

Best part? Not no part! It's the part that WANTS to hear only bad news (especially the fibs you have to wait to disprove, but can trade on the fear in the morning).

#Reminder 2 weeks
I don't care about 3rd party person.
I'm pointing out shutdown and startup rates are not necessarily indicative of the sustainable rate.

I think many people expect the CT ramp to be linear, or a nice smooth curve, but I wouldn't be surprised to see several big jumps. The line is going to be restricted by a single thing at a time, potentially with every other step on the line at a much faster rate.
If everyone can currently go 150 CTs/day except the headlight step, then we potentially double production when they sort out why thats a bottleneck.

They would never share it, but I would LOVE really fine-grained info on what the bottleneck is on any line, for any product at any Tesla factory. But TBH I'm unusually obsessed, as I actually made a whole video game about it (called production line :D).

Anyway: I'm still hoping to see a step change in CT numbers at some point.
K, @cliff harris , we defs wanna see the video game!