Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they want an EV they should just buy Rivian. At it's current valuation Apple could easily pay for it with cash! 😂
Myriad problems with that:
Rivian has a mfg cost BIG problem. Outsourcing to Foxconn strategy won't help with that. Elon's comment that electric car mgmnt needed to live in the factory was spot on.
Plus even reaching profit/Rivian the margins are thin compared to what Apple & it's stockholders expect
Finally, throwing in the towel tells me that Apple's driving SW was going nowhere

Compare the specs to the McLaren F1 Musk bought for 1 million $ in the 90ies. McLaren sold 64 road versions of this car. It took them 3 1/2 months to make one. How many Roadsters does the world need?
Probably a few thousands per year would suffice. If I'm not mistaken Ferrari sells around 9000 cars per year (but they artificially make them scarce to keep up the prices). Even less for other supercars.

Reactions: Cult Member
I wonder how long it will take for wall st to take a long look at apples failed car project, think about what apples future roadmap looks like (a VR headset nobody can afford and... another watch/phone revision?), and then maybe realize that the smart money is in TSLA not AAPL, especially at these prices.
I think maybe we need Q1 production numbers first, including cybertrucks. My guess is that traders in New York probably still think it was a meme, or that Tesla will only make 100. Not everyone watches Joe's videos!

Lol, tha't a clone of the 1958 BMW 600 Isetta, right down to the fridge door in front! BEV ver. will be so much nicer than a 600cc 2-stroke gasser, but still not road safe (even in the bike lane!)

View attachment 1022759

Lol2: $169/mth to lease Microlino? When you can get a Model 3 SR+ in the U.S. for $329? I don't think so! :D

Cheers!
Actually, the original Microlino has near identical dimensions to the Isetta 300. The 600 was the stretched version. In late 1950’s the father of a friend had both a 300 and a 600. I have one of the original Microlinos on order to use as a neighborhood car. My spec:
1709133890287.png

Maybe collaboration with RACE-- let Ferrari handle the suspension details etc, because with presumably 2000 bhp, such as a Battista or Nevera, will need real race suspension even with thrusters etc. Maybe there is a quantum photon dot type motor in the works? And elon needs time to focus on starship as well...

• Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Interesting article about a multipurpose charging system for businesses:
Freewire Announces New Boost Pro Hardware - CleanTechnica

To me, the two interesting quotes:
The new Pro Series chargers are more than just chargers. They support bidirectional power flow, allowing the 150 kWh battery packs to help stabilize the grid, make revenue by feeding power back into the grid, and even give EV drivers a charge during power outages. The power in the packs can also be used to keep the host business running, powering everything from convenience stores to refrigerators to gas pumps until the grid comes back.
and
It is, of course, possible to do this in other ways. Things like Tesla Powerwalls and Powerpacks can be installed on a site to support EV chargers and the site itself, but there’s significant expense in setting all of that up. FreeWire offers all of this in a single box that shows up pre-assembled into a working unit right out of the shipping crate.

Sounded like an interesting system.
Is a turnkey solution for small businesses something Tesla might find worth doing? Is it too similar to their existing products?
Asking our Tesla Energy experts out there.

This might be a dumb question, but why build a huge parking garage when they have so much land? Most of the land is already reserved for future projects? Too far away for people to walk or to have shuttles?

View attachment 1022883
My guess is; less shuttle bus transport of employees needed, including the time wasted waiting for shuttle, and shuttle time itself. Also; covered parking in the hot Texas summer would be most welcomed by those parking under shelter. Parking garage absolutely a good move.

Happy workers = happy factory.

$204 OK, we're almost back to where we were just before Tesla released their earnings report 🤣
I don't think there's any logic to TSLA stock price movements anymore. I really don't. Not that there ever was, btw.

I just pay attention to the plusses and minuses that the company has going for it. As usual, maybe 90% plusses, and 10% minuses. I'm vigilant to the real happenings within this company, as learned from trusted sources, and laugh at and ignore the preposterous BS printed by the media solely for clicks, along with support for their paying advertisers; the legacy automakers who continue to pay big bucks to said media. It's just so transparent, isn't it? These are very different times we're living in folks. And very interesting/revealing times.

My guess is; less shuttle bus transport of employees needed, including the time wasted waiting for shuttle, and shuttle time itself. Also; covered parking in the hot Texas summer would be most welcomed by those parking under shelter. Parking garage absolutely a good move.

Happy workers = happy factory.
There will not be less shuttles, the shuttles are there to attract employees from long distances away. Killeen to the factory is around 60 miles. Chartering buses is expensive but Tesla needs the workers.

Not even worth it, it would be a cash furnace. Better to focus on their core products and the headset thing, I think is the decision. Tesla are now in an enviable position of being ahead in all areas in EV's, Automated driving and energy storage (and possibly humanoid robots) and with a huge cash pile, a very talented team headed by Elon it will only widen that gap.

I kinda took the "pick over the bones" comment to mean acquiring whatever factory space, tooling, IP, and engineering skills made sense. Similar to how Tesla acquired the ex-NUMMI plant in Fremont at a bargain, and bought their initial stamping press for pennies on the dollar...

Reactions: KBF and CHGolferJim

Kinda bizarre. But I'm glad those Roadsters have found a home where they will be treated well.

Maybe it will keep keep Dan off the street and out of trouble.

He owns 5??:
I named them Brandy, Thandy, and Nandy, to go with the original two, Candy & Mandy.