Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the U.S., the Tesla Model 3 dominates as the most searched car model in the last six months. The car had more than 3.8 million searches between August 2023 and January 2024. Right behind it with just over 3.6 million searches were the Honda CR-V and the Honda Civic.

The top 10 most searched car models in the last six months in the U.S.:

1. Tesla Model 3
  2. Honda CR-V
  3. Honda Civic
  4. Toyota Rav4
  5. Tesla Model Y
  6. Jeep Wrangler
  7. Mazda CX5
  8. Porsche 911
  9. Toyota Corolla
  10. Jeep Grand Cherokee

Another journalistic masterpiece by our "Tesla Killer" Al Root:

1709146512034.png

Not gonna bother linking a paywalled article but not surprised this 🤡 wrote this.

View attachment 1022941

Not gonna bother linking a paywalled article but not surprised this 🤡 wrote this.
I always have a brain fart about this guys name AI Root = Artificial Intelligence journalist ... not a real person

Here's an interesting Aspie to Aspie interview between SMR and Dr. Know-it-all as they ponder the near and far future of AI, Health, Bots, Tesla, and more. It is nice to see Steven in an environment where he is interacting, and how it contrasts with his persona on the Solving The Money Problem channel.

I'll watch this for sure. It will be interesting to see how Steven is this time. First time I saw him as a guest, I think with Dave Lee, he came across as open and honest. The second time, with someone else, he was gaming the conversation and throwing in a lot of revisionist history. I wasn't impressed and lost a lot of respect and trust.

I bet open box production lends itself to building low volume niche vehicles like the Roadster.

Question is what platform or is it bespoke?
Is it a version of Gen 3 (would require incredible rigidity platform)?
Will the bespoke platform be shared (Model S)?

Exactly. 'Unboxed' method allows production of small volumes in individual modules, while retaining the capability to scale rapidly as required.

I think there'll be some new tech for weight savings on this "Roadster 2.5"
  • Kato Rd. cybercell v3.0 w. single crystal SI anode content (up to 400 wh/kg)
  • magnesium die-cast frame (see 4-part series on MG by The Limiting Factor | Jordan Giesige)
  • magnesium wheels for light weight/high strength
  • Molded CFRP body panels w. embedded paint/finish (may be part of Gen 3)
  • 3,600 lb curb weight w. 2,000 hp (10,000 NM of torque to the ground)
  • SpaceX package:
    • 10K PSI Carbon overwrapped pressure vessel w. upward-facing cold gas thrusters
    • each individual corner's ABS system linked to upward jet to maintain traction
  • (I hope these last two items are OPTIONAL!)
At this point, "sky's the limit" and we are "free to fly", so to speak... I love this! 😍 😍

Cheers to the Rocket Scientists!

View attachment 1022941

Barron's has definitely ascended to the top of the Fudster roster. Their POV clearly demonstrates the difference between ignorance and stupidity, while having a significant component of both. Laughable.

I hate the ChatGPT “moment” comparison for FSD.

ChatGPT gives wrong answers often. I don't want that sort of FSD experience thank you very much. If anything, Tesla FSD already demonstrated ChatGPT level of accuracy long ago.

Really what the “moment” comparison needs to be is an event that was far more simple and life changing. Like electricity. Or the refrigerator. Or the internet. Something that “just works” without users having to even think about it.

Do we all still fall for this?

"Fall for" implies deceit.

I am unaware of Elon ever being deceitful. Optimistic perhaps, but that in no way can be equated to purposefully making a statement based upon something other than fact.

What do you think he has to gain by lying, or using deceit to take some advantage?

I don't think that is even in his DNA to attempt.

Granted, the facts never prevent anyone from interpreting a factual statement in such a way as to lead them to believe it is false. GJ, and a few TMC posters, regularly fall into this category.

Last edited: