Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 15 min? Watch Sasha break down the lawsuit filed against OpenAI and Sam Altman yesterday by Elon Musk:

Elon Musk Sues OpenAI | Sasha Yanshin Live (2024-03-01)

TL;dw Altman et.al and Microsoft highjacked a not-for-profit, exclusively-for-educational-purposes company (incorporated in Delaware), fired the OpenAI Board of Directors, and installed Microsoft puppet directors who don't appear to have the necessary skills to understand AGI.

Further, OpenAI created some form of convoluted legal fabrication so that Microsoft gets to choose OpenAI Directors, set company goals and take a share in profits all WITHOUT being legal shareholders. WTF?! Sue those Delaware dogs, Elon!

Cheers!

A contract, whether written or verbal or handshake is a contract. But I’d wager it was in writing. After all the shenanigans Elon has been subjected to, I’d think he learned to get it in writing especially something this important to him. Neither here nor there, there’s a lawsuit now. Maybe Elon gets back his 100m plus extra?
If this is the case, why did he wait so long to file the suit? I take the long wait as part of the evolution of Elon's mindset toward fighting for what's right, even if sure to lose.

PS after reading Art's post: If this is filed in Delaware, we know the answer. I now see the case is filed in California.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ShareLofty
If this is the case, why did he wait so long to file the suit? I take the long wait as part of the evolution of Elon's mindset toward fighting for what's right, even if sure to lose.
Well Microsoft did all of the things being accused throughout the years and also it takes time to gather all of this evidence. So we don't know when Elon looked into this and when he discovered there was a breach.

1709325878539.png

Um, anyone know why PGE.com wouldn't support FIREFOX?!

Source: Supported Browsers

Edit: Apparently, it showed up on HackerNews too Mozilla Firefox is below PG&E threshold for support | Hacker News

Last edited:
Is the $1 per minute charge now active everywhere in the US? Rarely do this, but occasionally when eating it happens, so if in effect I’ll need to be more careful.

It's a congestion fee, that means it applies only if the Supercharger is busy. IIRC that means >50% occupied. Here's the Tesla support webpage:

If the vehicle is moved within five minutes, the fee is waived. Idle fees only apply when a Supercharger station is at 50% capacity or more. Idle fees double when the station is at 100% capacity.

It's a congestion fee, that means it applies only if the Supercharger is busy. IIRC that means >50% occupied. Here's the Tesla support webpage:

That's BS. They shouldn't be able to do this to older cars. That wasn't the deal when we bought them. Idle fees I agree with. You shouldn't be allowed to be in the way if your not charging. Also, they artificially lower my charging speed during the last 80% even though it's actually at less than 80%, due to the battery capacity being artificially locked to 60 kWh.

PS after reading Art's post: If this is filed in Delaware, we know the answer. I now see the case is filed in California.
Who knows? I contend it doesn’t matter the why of the timing.

I am constantly reminded of something Elon said a long time ago when I continually see people asking these types of questions.

Paraphrased he said the hard/important part is knowing what question to ask.

That's BS. They shouldn't be able to do this to older cars. That wasn't the deal when we bought them. Idle fees I agree with. You shouldn't be allowed to be in the way if your not charging. Also, they artificially lower my charging speed during the last 80% even though it's actually at less than 80%, due to the battery capacity being artificially locked to 60 kWh.
Congestion fees don't occur when charging a vehicle with Free Supercharging:

1709327673490.png

So essentially it is just an idle fee, but without a grace period.

Last edited:
Driving a 2016 model X, there are frequent times we have to charge above 90 per cent even make it to the next supercharger, especially in winter or on windy days. I guess Tesla expects us to go 60km/hour on the highway to make it, or pay possibly an extra 30 bucks in supercharging (yes that last 10 per cent gets very throttled) per charge.

Idling charges past 100 per cent sure. But if you NEED to charge to get to your destination, you should not be punished for it. Rather than financially hitting your early adopters, maybe put the strain on the people who you opened up the network to, who never have put a dime directly into Tesla.

Last edited:
Another interesting point from this list:

1. Tesla Model Y: 1749 biler (2711)
  2. Toyota bZ4X: 389 biler (524)
  3. Volkswagen ID.4: 267 biler (436)
  4. Volvo EX30: 235 biler (330)
  5. Nissan Leaf: 230 biler (493)
  6. Hyundai Kona: 222 biler (504)
  7. MG 4: 210 biler (367)
  8. Nissan Ariya: 206 biler (389)
  9. Volvo XC40: 174 biler (331)
  10. Ford Mustang Mach-E: 150 biler (292)
  11. Audi Q4 e-tron: 147 biler (296)
  12. Volkswagen ID.3: 140 biler (260)
  13. Toyota Yaris/Yaris Cross: 140 biler (200)
  14. Toyota Corolla/Corolla Cross: 125 biler (147)
  15. Skoda Enyaq: 119 biler (192)
  16. Hyundai Ioniq 5: 105 biler (151)
  17. Subaru Solterra: 105 biler (114)
  18. Polestar 2: 102 biler (178)
  19. BMW i4: 101 biler (141)
  20. Mazda MX-30: 100 biler (181)

...is that there isn't many Chinese cars in the top 20. Only MG and Polestar.

And my impression is that the cars most popular now are smaller and less expensive than a year or two ago.
Which rhymes with the fact that the number of cars sold in February is at an all time low.

Actually rather shocked to see Toyota in 2nd place with the bZ4X