Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Sounds like that means that TSLA is entirely entitled to profit making from any AI advancements in the years to come. As are we. Recent advancements, including OpenAI's SoraAI achievements, could be huge for TSLA shareholders. (Edit; what Open AI achieves, TSLA will achieve, in time. Proof of concept has been show, and will do nothing but advance). Explains the enthusiasm seen in the recent Dumb Money Live podcast. HODL people!

Huh?

Lots of other AI for profit companies exist that aren't OpenAI.... including x.AI which is owned by Elon, but not Tesla.

Huh?

Lots of other AI for profit companies exist that aren't OpenAI.... including x.AI which is owned by Elon, but not Tesla.
Doesn't matter. Open AI was started as a nonprofit and funded with a 100M donation from Elon under the premise that it is nonprofit and open sourced. The question this suit will answer is, is Open AI obligated to remain nonprofit and open source or can they take Elon's donation and later change the charter? My guess is there was nothing in writing requiring them to keep the original charter, in which case Elon will lose. He may lose anyway due to the shady ways our courts are operating.

Doesn't matter. Open AI was started as a nonprofit and funded with a 100M donation from Elon under the premise that it is nonprofit and open sourced. The question this suit will answer is, is Open AI obligated to remain nonprofit and open source or can they take Elon's donation and later change the charter? My guess is there was nothing in writing requiring them to keep the original charter, in which case Elon will lose. He may lose anyway due to the shady ways our courts are operating.
A contract, whether written or verbal or handshake is a contract. But I’d wager it was in writing. After all the shenanigans Elon has been subjected to, I’d think he learned to get it in writing especially something this important to him. Neither here nor there, there’s a lawsuit now. Maybe Elon gets back his 100m plus extra?

You’re correct. I totally missed the ‘congested’ part in our email.
Thought it was a slightly different charge, congested or not. Oops, nothing new…We’ve been advised to only charge to 80%.
Is the $1 per minute charge now active everywhere in the US? Rarely do this, but occasionally when eating it happens, so if in effect I’ll need to be more careful.

My guess is there was nothing in writing requiring them to keep the original charter, in which case Elon will lose.
Charter was never changed though.
Here's the filing.

From OpenAI, Inc.’s founding in 2015 through September 2020, Plaintiff contributed tens of millions of dollars, provided integral advice on research directions, and played
a key role in recruiting world-class talent to OpenAI, Inc. in exchange and as consideration for the Founding Agreement, namely, that: OpenAI, Inc. (a) would be a non-profit developing AGI for the benefit of humanity, not for a for-profit company seeking to maximize shareholder profits; and
(b) would be open-source, balancing only countervailing safety considerations, and would not keep its technology closed and secret for proprietary commercial reasons. This Founding Agreement is memorialized in, among other places, OpenAI, Inc.’s founding Articles of Incorporation and in numerous written communications between Plaintiff and Defendants over a multi-year period, such as: ...
https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/musk-v-altman-openai-complaint-sf.pdf

The nannies in California is already talking about capping a car's speed. Wait till the idiots...............errrrrrrr.........."social media influencers" on Youtube ruin it for the rest of us.
OT... Ya, I recall Daytona Beach in the 70's when there were fewer laws and we had serious fun including my brother getting his car stuck in the ocean... because he could! Stupid was allowed (or not enforced).

Ideally, we should ALL return to 55 mph limits until energy is cleaned up (obvious reasons). But that's an "Inconvenient Truth" as I recall being the slowest car last weekend at 75 mph. The limit was only 55 mph at one time, Federal remember? Sammy Hagar didn't like it either. Think about why he even wrote that song "I Can't Drive 55."

• Disagree
Reactions: Spacep0d
New Jersey looking to phase out the exemption from sales tax for EV's. Terms not clear yet but the plan is to phase out over 3 years. Honestly this is one of the most "unknown" subsidies for EV's. Whenever I mention to someone here they have no idea it exists, but they know about the Federal and State credits.

Hopefully it does not happen before the Model 3 Ludicrous is available as I was thinking we may upgrade.

Reactions: capster
Do you guys think Ford will open up this to Tesla vehicles?

Also what monstrosities the adapters are... Every user of them must think whoever designed the other standard much have really shitty engineers.
View attachment 1023408View attachment 1023406

I think those CCS-to-Tesla adapters are about as small as you could make them. The bulk of it is the receptacle which has to be that size/depth to accomodate the male part of the CCS plug. The remainder is the relatively small male portion of the Tesla plug...

Well, people definitely have more viable choices now though. One of our neighbours has always wanted a Mach E but didn’t want to get one because of lousy non tesla charging facilities. Once he saw the news this morning he was on the way to the local dealer to see what they have for deals on leftover 2023’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gets one in the next few days. He just didn’t want a tesla but was open to other brands although he was always fixated on the Mach E.

I wonder what Ford, and the other companies that have signed on for NACS, are going to do when their demand surges with the availability of fast charging, when they can't (or don't want to because of cost), manufacture their vehicles in significant quantities as it is...

Last edited:
"Ford just paid $250k for a Cybertruck in the aftermarket and is testing it at its proving grounds near Detroit."

So...just so I make sure I understand correctly:

Ford just paid a bunch of money to bring a vehicle with a full set of cameras to its proving grounds. And those cameras could potentially live stream everything at those proving grounds right back to Tesla HQ.

Is that right?

Like they'd learn anything worthwhile by watching Ford... they'd probably fall asleep or get nauseous instead...

OT... Ya, I recall Daytona Beach in the 70's when there were fewer laws and we had serious fun including my brother getting his car stuck in the ocean... because he could! Stupid was allowed (or not enforced).

Ideally, we should ALL return to 55 mph limits until energy is cleaned up (obvious reasons). But that's an "Inconvenient Truth" as I recall being the slowest car last weekend at 75 mph. The limit was only 55 mph at one time, Federal remember? Sammy Hagar didn't like it either. Think about why he even wrote that song "I Can't Drive 55."
Yeah, I remember those days, and everyone drove at 60 mph. That Genie is out of the bottle as the slogan goes. Posted speed limit on Tollway 130 that goes by the Tesla factory is 80 mph. Go a couple of miles past the factory, south of AUS airport it goes up to 85 mph POSTED. Highways I take to work are posted at 75 mph. We re not going back (nor do I want to) to 55mph. ( Surprised California has not done it, maybe the politicians know their constituents would be at the state capital with pitch forks).

Reactions: SOULPEDL
New Jersey looking to phase out the exemption from sales tax for EV's. Terms not clear yet but the plan is to phase out over 3 years. Honestly this is one of the most "unknown" subsidies for EV's. Whenever I mention to someone here they have no idea it exists, but they know about the Federal and State credits.

Hopefully it does not happen before the Model 3 Ludicrous is available as I was thinking we may upgrade.
NJ must be running into budget issues.............................again. Still NJ is one of the most generous in regards EV credits.

I mean, they could just remove the SIM.

But also- what do you think is happening at the Ford proving grounds that Tesla would care about?

I was partially joking. Also partially thinking that should/would be something Ford might be concerned about. I'll also admit that I have no idea what, if any, company-proprietary secrets would happen at a proving grounds.

From Tesla's perspective, they could at a minimum know exactly what tests and trials the Cybertruck was put through, know if any of that caused damage or otherwise unexpected performance, and use that to inform their future updates/upgrades to the Cybertruck.

I wonder what Ford, and the other companies that have signed on for NACS, are going to do when their e demand surges with the availability of fast charging, when they can't (or don't want to because of cost), manufacture their vehicles in significant quantities as it is...
Never before in my life have I wanted to be a fly so badly as in this current part of history.

1709315697563.jpeg

This apparent volume spike seems to lack cause, and the whole image (from Yahoo Finance) is weirdly contradictory... with itself. No one has commented on it yet, so this is me trying to be... topical?

Happy Friday!

Reactions: AZRI11 and Spacep0d