Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i want Elon paid and to stick around. And these lawyers think they did us a favor??? And want $6B in stock with no sales restrictions?

I have no doubt the judge will give it to them.

Then what?

Elon's lawyers (and Tesla's) should be on this like white on rice. The whole concept of award history is based on 10% of money saved to investors. That has NOT, and CAN NOT be determined until Elon's replacement compensation package is voted on by TSLA shareholders.

If shareholders simply ratify the terms of the old plan, then this lawsuit has saved shareholders nothing at all, and that would be the correct amount awarded to this "law" firm: ZERO (which is also the value they return to society).

NO WONDER these crooks-in-suits are in a hurry to get paid. They hope we won't figure out what they're doing. Too late.

P.S. Elon can't sell his yet-to-be exercised shares for 5 years after excercise. Do you thing that "law" firm will wait that long to get paid? (Elon's already waited 6 years, and stands to wait at least 6 more before getting a dime for the work he did at Tesla in 2018).

P.O.S. Subject "law" firm will be highly motivated to dump shares all at once to get paid before further damages become known. This itself will cause further damage to TSLA shareholders. This judge is handing a knife to a gunman.

Last edited:
I would hesitate getting too caught up in quarter over quarter comparisons, especially Q1 v Q4. As we here all know (or at least we all SHOULD know), Q4 is always the strongest quarter of the year, and Q1 is always the weakest.

One has to wonder whether you are being obtuse or purposely disingenuous with your care-bear comment. You seem like a well-informed person, so......
In previous years Tesla has grown sequentially from Q4 to Q1, despite Q1 being “the weakest”.

Not sure how that is being “obtuse or purposely disingenuous”.

Have quarterly delivery numbers increased because of seasonality or because there were constantly new factories continuing to ramp throughout recent years?

This is bringing up some interesting thoughts about the delivery number dynamics this year, because hitting 2m deliveries in 2024 will require averaging > Q4 deliveries (485k) starting in Q1. So if numbers come in lower at the front end, deliveries will need to be much more aggressive in subsequent quarters. Production capacity was already north of 2.2m vehicles as of the Q4 shareholder deck so the capacity is there, but it begs asking what pressure there may be on pricing if even more vehicles need to move later in the year to make up for lower numbers in Q1-Q2.
That’s exactly my point - Tesla has gone from growing deliveries at a rapid pace regardless of seasonality, to all of a sudden being graded like a normal automaker with seasonal demand patterns. That’s a notable change.

I think people are being way too pessimistic about 2024 sales and deliveries. Last year we hit 1.8 million, and people are nervously wondering if we hit 2 mill this year?
What was the point of highland? and why call it highland? Sure, the new model 3 has a new rear screen and some LED lighting, but the main objective was to make it faster and easier and cheaper to make. Its named after a famously productive Ford plant. The main aim, was improving capacity. Its not like the model 3 looked dated, or wasn't still selling. Has everyone forgotten the investor day graphic showing a staggering number of car bodies? Tesla was, and still is, focused on MASS production.

Now there are bound to be bumps on the road. The houthi attacks threw a spanner in the works for Berlin for a bit, but the direction of travel is clear. Tesla haven't installed all those gigapresses out of boredom. They have big plans.

There seems to be an assumption that demand has been hit for model 3 and Y. I find this comical. New drivers for demand include:

1) Highland refresh is done, so no more waiting for 'an imminent refresh'.
2) Lucid are screwed, Rivian still screwed, Xpeng and Nio aren't growing, Fisker about to be fire-sold to nissan. Competition is failing
3) Ford & GM and Toyota all going to great lengths to find excuses to make fewer, if any EVs. More competition failing
4) The open superchargers will now be live showrooms to display fast and easy charging to people who sadly bought inferior EVs. Also all those potential future customers are now well aware of where their nearest superchargers are

And of course there is the big one: Climate Change.

Much to my distress, Climate change is now getting any better. Texas is currently on fire. Its becoming harder each day for politicians to pretend its not happening. Its ESSENTIAL to move to EVs, as fast as mankind possibly can. People are realizing this, and even governments are eventually realizing it (some more than others). We are reaching tipping points every day all around the world for the adoption of green tech. I went 7 years as the only EV driver in the village. In the last year 2 more joined, and 1 got solar + battery as well, and another got solar.

Elon thinks BIG. He is building a FACTORY to make starships to colonize mars. Do we really think he comes from meetings about mass planetary migration, to meetings at Tesla about ramping production by just 10% a year? If Tesla only manage 2 million EVs in 2024, some people are going to be shown the door.

Berlin up to now hadn't seen enough EU demand to even max out the 250k the existing shifts were capable of-- so where would they magically find buyers for a hugely larger # of produced cars?
Just by introducing the next model. It's so simple. Let's do a synchronized start in Berlin and Austin. A Tesla for the masses.

Secondly Berlin has been closed for two weeks and seems to be hitting new highs after reopening, possibly because there are six Gigapresses operational now, together with other
It never looked in the drone videos that they run out of parts to produce Model Ys. There have upgraded casting and stamping for another Model, I'm pretty confident.
Tick, tick...

In previous years Tesla has grown sequentially from Q4 to Q1, despite Q1 being “the weakest”.

Not sure how that is being “obtuse or purposely disingenuous”.
Lately it indeed happened in 2022 and 2023.
1709376621278.png

In 2023 Tesla slashed priced of 10%, so we had an incredible March. I don't remember about 2022.
Still, historically, Q4 is the strongest of the year, so I wouldn't mind a lower Q1 if the numbers are good enough.

After eliminating the inventory discount for Model Y that priced the Model Y just below the 40K euro limit for the Flemish 2024 EV subsidies, Tesla now introduced a similar inventory discount for the base Model 3.

There have been no other inventory discounts nor other sales incentives like supercharge/fsd transfer so far this quarter.

Watching the latest drone video from Tobias at Giga Berlin there is usually a spot where he films where new cars exits the factory. I think I might have watched all of Tobias'es videos - and I have never seen cars exiting at such a speed as they did now. Could be a fluke. But then perhaps not.

HODL

Heh!

Alex Voigt on X:

Head of Giga Berlin, Andre Thierry, Feb 29th, 2024

"We have now passed the 6000 mark (production units per week)." (...) "We are ramping up!"

I have just now given my wife a big kiss, for enduring my huge rant after reading the above.
A rant about the sick system where lawyers are awarded large sums of money for winning law suits, unbelievably out of proportion to their work.
A system that only is about money, justice comes in second place.
How on earth does this benefit TSLA shareholders? We’ve voted on this!
Now we shareholders are going to pay for one person’s idiocy, one judge's doubtful decision and all the lawyer's greed. Unbelievable.
/r

Just by introducing the next model. It's so simple. Let's do a synchronized start in Berlin and Austin. A Tesla for the masses.

The next gen model isn't coming until late 2025, per Tesla themselves- so that's not a valid answer to sales growth for 2024.

Nor does Tesla start an entirely new model in multiple places at once-- they start at a single location to work out the bugs, then once the line is good they replicate it elsewhere with everything they learned from the first one.

The first one will be Austin, again per Elon- before replication in Mexico and elsewhere.

Never had an issue, but then again I have lifetime free supercharging

The congestion fee thing was only introduced a few months ago, and currently only applies in the US.

Even FUSC folks are subject to it.

Last edited:
I have just now given my wife a big kiss, for enduring my huge rant after reading the above.
A rant about the sick system where lawyers are awarded large sums of money for winning law suits, unbelievably out of proportion to their work.
A system that only is about money, justice comes in second place.
How on earth does this benefit TSLA shareholders? We’ve voted on this!
Now we shareholders are going to pay for one person’s idiocy, one judge's doubtful decision and all the lawyer's greed. Unbelievable.
/r
As an "in your face" to the judge I really think the Tesla board should have a vote now of the current shareholders reconfirming Elon's 2018 pay package.

A statement that shareholders have read your judgement, considered the consequences and you are completely wrong. Obviously something like this is non-binding given the court case. Possibly it could influence the appeal as takes away the argument that shareholders are somehow unknowingly giving Elon too much compensation.

Really great video and the Mach-E forums are so much fun to read customers being elated to being on chargers that DON'T fail! This is such a big community to have on board with Tesla, looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the coming months in TSLA!

The banner on the video should read "Tesla has done it".

I don't think Ford and the other automakers realistically had a choice if they wanted to sell more cars.

The banner on the video should read "Tesla has done it".

I don't think Ford and the other automakers realistically had a choice if they wanted to sell more cars.

If you ignore semantics, its fantastic to see sustainability, as its Tesla's primary mission, actually turning into something substantial past being internalized to just its own ecosystem. Tesla is really gonna open the eyes of many into becoming the aggregator that we know it is and going to be.

At current SP, a $400 million investment will pretty much wipe out existing shareholders and will for all intents and purposes turn Fisker into a Nissan subsidiary.

Elon's lawyers (and Tesla's) should be on this like white on rice. The whole concept of award history is based on 10% of money saved to investors. That has NOT, and CAN NOT be determined until Elon's replacement compensation package is voted on by TSLA shareholders.
If we vote Elon to have an even better deal, can we have the lawyers pay for 10 percent of the difference?

As an "in your face" to the judge I really think the Tesla board should have a vote now of the current shareholders reconfirming Elon's 2018 pay package.

A statement that shareholders have read your judgement, considered the consequences and you are completely wrong. Obviously something like this is non-binding given the court case. Possibly it could influence the appeal as takes away the argument that shareholders are somehow unknowingly giving Elon too much compensation.
Since IANAL, is there a way for us sharehodlers to file an AMICUS brief -- either as a group or, more profoundly, as individuals, thereby flooding that 'jurist' with OUR opinions? GRRR!

Since the lawyers saved us shareholders so much money, shouldn't we be the one voting to decide how much they should be compensated?