Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same goes for lots of Tesla Bot enthusiasts on here who think it's already a home run....looks like Figure just hit a grand slam. Elon must be tisming to the max right now.
Perfect time for Elon and Kara Swisher to have another sit down interview. Those two really ought to bury the hatchet. ;)

Is it just me, or does the Figure bot sound a lot like Sam Altman?

Last edited:
Um...I wouldn't. Why not just wait until $139?? :)
Because I can't get enough at today's price! 🤣

1710358283721.png

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. It may be the words from GPT, but it doesn't seem like an AI voice. None that I've ever heard before anyway.

If any of several people's suspicions that Figure is putting on a show not based in fact is found to be true, well, I guess we would then have to ask whether they have anyone named "Trevor" on staff at Figure? :rolleyes: 🤔

Actually I did not mean you. As for making money on the 'Dolphin Mini' and 'Seagull' depending on market it is hard to imagine much margin, especially because at least in some markets they include a home charger purchase and installation. Especially with the level of standard features profits must be elusive.

The title of the article below in English:

"In an historic year, BYD grows almost 70 times in Brazil and sells more electric cars than all competitors put together"

These are the results to date in Brazil. I link the Portuguese use your choice of translation, Goole especially is becoming nearly fluent:

The article discusses cars, even though their inroads in stationary storage, busses and Solar Panels are more advanced in Brazil since those are already manufactured in Brazil, while cars are still all imported with local production to begin in mid-2025.
To understand the level of dominance there, they had 72% of the BEV market, and over half the overall PEV market, with their PEV sales 0.77% of the total market of 2.3M. 10,274 BEVs. How it trends in 2024 will be more interesting.

While they are gearing to up to do all that, they need to improve the FSD take rate.
Unlike robotaxi, FSD is zero cost and instantly accretive at close to 100 margin.
No safety drivers, app or logistics needed.
Serious improvement in FSD take rate instantly re-rates Tesla as a legitimate AI company.
Robotaxi rollout will be slow and expensive. It’s probably a net cost for the first 2 to 5 years.
I got a lot of disagrees the last time I said this, so I'll try to be a little more clear this time.

I believe there are two ways Tesla can improve the FSD take rate.

The first is to cut the price by quite a lot. 12K is way too expensive for what you get today. At 12K it's mostly a feature for early adopters. So cut it to 6K and you will see more takers.

The second is to improve the system to the point where you can take a nap or read a book. If it really saves you time then it's easily worth 12K or even more.

But as long as FSD is mostly just a really good driver assist system, 12K is too much for most people.