Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, you don't typically start writing anything until the Design and CAD is stable, otherwise you're simply chasing your own writings and it is wasteful to even start beyond formatting templates or basic outlines. That's my take-away from that job opening.
Yeah, that's why I'm so blown away by that particular job opening. It means Tesla has some solid rollout plans and they know they will need a technical writer soon.

I'm not usually that interested in these job posting reports. But this one has me scratching my head. I don't see how it can be anything but bullish.

It may be that Tesla is rushing to market in order to get a jump on the competition. And I would support that plan 1000%.

Just saw a trailer with 3 CT's and a few 3's going up north on interstate 5. For a second, it made me want to email tesla with my holdings to qualify to be bumped up to take delivery of the CT. That lasted a whole 2 minutes until my wife called and reminded me that both kids were going to summer camp this year, school tuition is going up again, and she narrowed down where her and the kids want to vacation this summer. 🥴

I've had mine for almost a month, and so far, all interactions have been positive.

The biggest takeaway? MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE CYBERTRUCK! They haven't seen it or read about it. Think of how much we all assume most people follow the news, what Elon says, etc. Nope. Most people are just busy, going about their lives...

Just saw a trailer with 3 CT's and a few 3's going up north on interstate 5. For a second, it made me want to email tesla with my holdings to qualify to be bumped up to take delivery of the CT. That lasted a whole 2 minutes until my wife called and reminded me that both kids were going to summer camp this year, school tuition is going up again, and she narrowed down where her and the kids want to vacation this summer. 🥴
Enlist your kids in the discussion. 😉

Most of the kids I’ve met have been over the moon to see a Cybertruck. One boy, 11-ish, was just ecstatic and his sister, 10-ish, confided in me that she didn’t much care about cars but she really liked this one.

When driving, I’ve seen teen boys stop on the sidewalk with their jaws hanging open as if stunned and teen girls smiling and whipping out their phones to take pictures.

Oh yeah, the kids are going to help a lot of dads convince moms to get CT’s. YMMV 😂

Last edited:
I've had mine for almost a month, and so far, all interactions have been positive.

The biggest takeaway? MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE CYBERTRUCK! They haven't seen it or read about it. Think of how much we all assume most people follow the news, what Elon says, etc. Nope. Most people are just busy, going about their lives...
Agree.
I've got a pretty diverse neighborhood. They regularly tell me the latest FUD story and await my comebacks. I do think they want me to be wrong.

None of them have mentioned Cybertruck yet. That tells me MSM is keeping it from them. Watch... today someone's gonna mention that CT door gap and quality issues. It's so predictable, like an echo.

Enlist your kids in the discussion. 😉

Most of the kids I’ve met have been over the moon to see a Cybertruck. One boy, 11-ish, was just ecstatic and his sister, 10-ish, confided in me that she didn’t much care about cars but she really liked this one.

When driving, I’ve seen teen boys stop on the sidewalk with their jaws hanging open as if stunned with desire and teen girls smiling and whipping out their phones to takes pictures.

Oh yeah, the kids are going to help a lot of dads convince moms to get CT’s. YMMV 😂
The funny thing is that when i first put the deposit down on the CT, the wife and kids all said 'We're not riding in that thing!" Now that they've seen it in the wild, they have moved their thinking to "I guess we can humor dad and ride with him". I said "No one is riding in my CT except the dog, because she was the only one that did not pass judgement on me when i ordered it!

I will own the CT for sure, it just isn't the most responsible thing to do right at this moment. If $TSLA was at $300, then the decision would have been easier, but i look at it as i can use the CT funds to buy more $TSLA currently.

(Probably Elon's fault that i can't have a CT right now) /s

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has sent out an email early this morning requiring Tesla employees to give a supervised demo drive of FSD Beta 12 to every person who takes delivery of a Tesla

Supposed email sent out to Tesla employees to demo fsd to all owners taking delivery of a Tesla. If this is true, I suspect take rate of FSD to increase

As for FSD progress, V12 is certainly looking good, but still far away from robotaxis.
That depends on what you mean by "robotaxi" and "far away". There is no reason Tesla could not start a robotaxi trial in one city next year with safety drivers. Within 6 months, the safety drivers are gone and the cars run autonomously under most conditions. By that time, the dedicated robotaxi vehicle starts rolling out and it's game over.

I highly doubt institutional investors (who bring the volume to signficantly move the stock) are going to exert heavy buying pressure because a few youtube videos look better.
I agree with you here. But when Tesla announces a trial, institutional investors will at least start paying attention. Tesla's cost advantage and ability to scale will become obvious and Waymo will be done.

Cern Basher just did a video on Herbert's channel that gives a refresher course on why and how the numbers get crazy for the winner of the robotaxi race.

Real-world AI is the reason to invest in Tesla right now. If you think it's 5 to 10 years away then maybe there are better places to put your money in the meantime.

Only 2 things can save TSLA from further slides this year: Elon Musk holding back from political commentaries, and FSD making a breakthrough.

I wouldn't say that, Tesla has many potential surprises which could boost the stock this year:

- Megapack production could grow very substantially.
- COGS for autos could decrease by a substantial amount.
- Optimus might have a "Chat GPT" moment.
- Tesla could surprise us all and show the Gen3 car much earlier than any of us expect.
- Announcement of one (or more) new factory.
- Surprise new product announcement which no one knows about right now.

I personally feel TSLA will trade mostly sideways in 2024, but to say only two things could make it break out is overly pessimistic. Tesla has a plethora of potential positive catalysts coming up which could possibly happen at any time.

The funny thing is that when i first put the deposit down on the CT, the wife and kids all said 'We're not riding in that thing!" Now that they've seen it in the wild, they have moved their thinking to "I guess we can humor dad and ride with him". I said "No one is riding in my CT except the dog, because she was the only one that did not pass judgement on me when i ordered it!

I will own the CT for sure, it just isn't the most responsible thing to do right at this moment. If $TSLA was at $300, then the decision would have been easier, but i look at it as i can use the CT funds to buy more $TSLA currently.

(Probably Elon's fault that i can't have a CT right now) /s
That’s the thing about the greatest new designs, they are way ahead of the general public but they grow on people and fashion changes to embrace them.

Also, it is different to see the Cybertruck in person rather than in pictures. A good number of people I’ve met have said they like it better now that they’ve seen it in person versus their impression from pictures.

The Cybertruck will be one of the few iconic vehicle designs that are also enduring products such as the 911, the Jeep, and the Model S.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has sent out an email early this morning requiring Tesla employees to give a supervised demo drive of FSD Beta 12 to every person who takes delivery of a Tesla

Supposed email sent out to Tesla employees to demo fsd to all owners taking delivery of a Tesla. If this is true, I suspect take rate of FSD to increase
I think this is a great idea.

Even if it were not an excellent marketing opportunity (it is), this also makes sense from a safety perspective. Owners should get a quick tutorial on how to use FSD properly as it's still in beta and it can still do the "wrong thing at the worst time".

April 8th for more details on the first mass produced solid state battery vehicle:
. This could be interesting, but still a wait and see.
Is this even solid state? I think of solid state as a super capacitor. Isn't this still chemical with just a hard coating of electrolyte vs other application processes? And so much for low-cost iron considering their "High Nickel content".

The Elec Viking used to talk every single week about new battery discoveries - it was getting old and it seems to have died off. There's a big difference between "discovered" and "produced, reliably, at low cost". I learned here that there are just too many boxes to check off to be worried of competition.

We should still expect some breakthroughs, and if CATL or Panasonic came up with it, I'd listen then for sure. Then again, I doubt we'd know about it until ready for prime time.

They stole my idea! (Edit: OK, not quite. But I did post this 2 days ago.)
I'm convinced that the market in North America is at arms length with FSD, and doubt the average person would believe anything other than more FUD. Sales here will require word of mouth demo test drives with friends and family, and without error or even a twitch.

Last edited:
As predicted, chicken sensing technology!
(Remember this one? 🤣 and look at the early curb lines.)

1711387504511.png

I heard the Northern half of Florida doesn't even know about Tesla. I rented one there - I was that one Tesla, and only about 50 mi north of Tampa.

Good question, IDK how many work closely with NASA, I'm sure there's a few there.

It could remain a mystery. Fla FSD is a thing by 2x over any State other than Cal. (Again, per TeslaFi tracking of V12.3).

There was talk, ... about 5 yrs ago here, that Fla would be ground zero for FSD unleashed. I don't think Florida has any laws... on anything really. They just live how they like it and it's refreshing actually. But way too religious for me. OMG!
I’ve been “downloading” FSD version 12.3 for over 24 hrs now. Not sure what’s up. I’ve reached out to Tesla Service. Waiting to hear back. The car is still operable, so no worries there.
IMG_6200.png

Reactions: Drax7
I’ve been “downloading” FSD version 12.3 for over 24 hrs now. Not sure what’s up. I’ve reached out to Tesla Service. Waiting to hear back. The car is still operable, so no worries there.View attachment 1031914
I would reboot the car, something hung for 24 hrs...
2-thumbs.

And because of the posts below, something happened in my brain ...

I think this is a great idea.

Even if it were not an excellent marketing opportunity (it is), this also makes sense from a safety perspective. Owners should get a quick tutorial on how to use FSD properly as it's still in beta and it can still do the "wrong thing at the worst time"."
"Hear my voice, hear my voice,
It's saying something and I hope you're concentrating"

"I've got money now, I've got money now,"

_If_ focused on safety, great.

I wouldn't say that, Tesla has many potential surprises which could boost the stock this year:

- Megapack production could grow very substantially.
- COGS for autos could decrease by a substantial amount.
- Optimus might have a "Chat GPT" moment.
- Tesla could surprise us all and show the Gen3 car much earlier than any of us expect.
- Announcement of one (or more) new factory.
- Surprise new product announcement which no one knows about right now.
- 4680 production issues resolved in a significant way