Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Musk didn't say they had an automated snake charger.

On the stage at a Tesla event Musk talked about the car driving autonomously across the country and a person in the crowd shouted out the question, roughly, "How will it charge?" Musk ad-libbed the idea of the snake charger, had an engineer create a basic proof of concept, a video was released, and that was the end of it.

From 2014.

Its funny that investors are now so excited about higher FSD take rates and thus profits, that we are all temporarily forgetting that cybertruck production is still ramping :D.
To think that at any point we could get another update on teslabot, or juniper refresh or model 3 ludicrous announcement. I know the consensus is that Q1 will be bad, but I think its got a lot of potential. expectations are so low. Can't wait for the earnings call :D. At this rate there will be multiple FSD releases before then...

Have a feeling things may get bumpy around April 2nd. But which way, nobody knows!
Oh, oh, oh... I know! 🤣 (mee-la-ng)

Sold 25 more, but done now. Might not get these back, but we'll see.

1711467324687.png

Its funny that investors are now so excited about higher FSD take rates and thus profits, that we are all temporarily forgetting that cybertruck production is still ramping :D.
To think that at any point we could get another update on teslabot, or juniper refresh or model 3 ludicrous announcement. I know the consensus is that Q1 will be bad, but I think its got a lot of potential. expectations are so low. Can't wait for the earnings call :D. At this rate there will be multiple FSD releases before then...
Personally, I am excited to see and hear how energy is progressing, huge profits there.

Seriously, how much would you pay for FSD?
I tried V12.3 and it is awesome and the future looks bright, but the price... $12000 (and rumored to become $15000 soon, is really too much.
I personally won't buy it, and neither subscript it for $199 for a couple months for my Model Y.
My bottom line will be $60/month, similar to Home Internet/Mobile Data Plan's monthly charge. Or $6000 lifetime, and must be transferrable to new owner if I sell the car.
That is required for real general public adoption. I don't think the target customer group of $25000 Model 2 are willing to pay $12000 or $199/month.

That brings concerns to me. Here we are all excited about FSD and hope it will give some vibe to stock price (e.g., $176.5 premarket price now). However, how much revenue will it actually bring to Tesla? I am afraid not as much as Elon is expecting.
Clearly you’ve never had mobility or health issues that don’t allow you to drive or even have a driver’s license temporarily or permanently, nor must you know anyone in that position.

FSD is priceless to an entire segment of the population.

This is absolutely how FSD should be positioned. I think Elon and Cathy vastly overestimate the number of people who will be willing to turn their cars over to the masses. And to date, I've not seen any presentation on exactly how Robo-utopia would work - who will charge the cars between fares? It's not like Supercharger stations have attendants - or will they be Optimus robots? How will profits be split between the owner and Tesla? And liability insurance? Damages? Who will clean the cars? No, not for me. But I did like having FSD on my last car and would consider buying/renting it again for personal use - but not at the absurd price Tesla is charging today.
You lack imagination, but that’s ok. Not everyone can think outside of the box or even creatively. I can think of dozens of ways to handle your perceived problems.

I agree there is a segment of the population that wouldn’t robo out their vehicles - you and I are in that group. But there are millions of people who would do it in a heartbeat, not nearly as emotionally attached to their vehicles.

WuWa with more info this morning:

"On 25 March, Ningde Times Chairman Zeng Yuchun said in an interview that Ningde Times and Tesla are working together to develop batteries with faster charging speeds. The two sides are working together on new electrochemical structures and other battery technologies designed to speed up charging. Zeng Yuchun also revealed that Ningde Times is providing equipment to Tesla's factory in Nevada, USA. The news came as CATL's Shanghai and Shenzhen stocks rose 4% today (26 March)."

I'd like to promote this post as the ideal format for providing external links/videos/etc. It is awesome to include:

1) brief title
2) the link/video/etc.
3) An actual quote, explanation, detailed description, summary, bulleted list, etc. covering the content of interest.

MUCH MUCH better than the bare links (now banned by the mods) or the very basic "here's an interesting 45 minute video about Tesla" with no clue of what we will get out of it before we decide to kill 45 minutes.

You lack imagination, but that’s ok. Not everyone can think outside of the box or even creatively. I can think of dozens of ways to handle your perceived problems.

I agree there is a segment of the population that wouldn’t robo out their vehicles - you and I are in that group. But there are millions of people who would do it in a heartbeat, not nearly as emotionally attached to their vehicles.
This is clearly true. You cats rarely get emotionally attached to your servants' cars, called "Going to the Vet syndrome", while dogs love riding in cars, head out the window and mouth open. Walking on car hoods, windshields and roofs with paw prints does not count as emotional attachment.

I learned my lesson the hard way. I sold my entire stake in Tesla when the Fremont factory closed during Covid. When revenue went to zero. And that’s when the stock took off. So the numbers including deliveries don’t always matter is what I took from that.
I did the same. Was painful to watch it then go hyperbolic after holding through all years of Model 3 ramp/Bankwupcy period. Still got the scars 😂Lesson learned, never sell, ever, ever, ever.

I trimmed 25% of my positions at $168, $171 and $175 with gains, about 1500 shares. Feeling regret? Not now, maybe when SP reaches $200 and never comes back to $180.

I think the idea is people who invest in TESLA should only put the amount that they can sustain a 50% loss.

I was teasing to be honest, stock could go anywhere over the next few quarters so might get another bite at low 100's. But long term Im hyper bullish, but not a good trader, time in the market and all that.