Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmm…….. if Tesla does an interest buy down in this country, I see a way to a new S. Buy one with 100% financing, keeping my current one and swapping the fugly trim and wheels to the old one and the bright to the new one. Then sell the old one to someone who wants a used car that looks exactly like the new ones. Still won’t have uss or stalks, but that doesn’t bother me as much as the ugly looks.

That plan will depend on how old your Model S is since the wheels are different since the last update.

Reactions: unk45 and saniflash
It is extremely important for any serious TSLA investor to understand that the mission takes priority over all else, and “all else” may mean the piles and piles of cash you (general) dream of. Some investors may view that as a “risk,” - that the company may make decisions that take into account more than just milking every last cent into their pockets - and if so, this is definitely not the stock for you.
A public company’s #1 priority is to their shareholders, as the Delaware judge rightfully ruled

Nothing to do with appreciation, it's refactoring a lease with purchase at the end into a purchase with optional buyback.
3 years of payments, then either purchase it at 45% residual or Tesla buys it back paying off the remaining loan.

"Tesla promises to repurchase the vehicle at 45% of the invoicing price after three years."

Is this not a hint to expect at least 55% depreciation in the first three years?

Will this be another Mexico story though? They had big plans for Monterrey as well…which seem to have gone quiet, along with a new smaller model 2.
Patience is priceless.

I've subscribed to Samuel Garcia's threads. Based on his enjoyment with Cybertruck and other notes, it is still on track.
'Model 2' has been happening for years now. They just don't blabber about it. Consider its reveal a surprise.

Patience is priceless.

I've subscribed to Samuel Garcia's threads. Based on his enjoyment with Cybertruck and other notes, it is still on track.
'Model 2' has been happening for years now. They just don't blabber about it. Consider its reveal a surprise.

People have short memories. I recall when Giga Shanghai was just nothing but a "muddy field":

..also: I sold 1000 shares at 165 which in all likelihood makes it the absolute bottom going forward. You are welcome.
That's right about where I snapped up a few. Future Me thanks you for your contributions ;)

FSD 12.3.3 update: Drove me to the store, to a food truck, and back home yesterday. It almost drove me home from work, but I insisted on doing the get-on-the-highway merge myself, due to not fully developed trust. Trust developed a bit more when FSD followed (then passed) a slow student driver, and slowed and slightly scooted over for a guy confidently striding to his parked car and opening the door into the traffic lane. All reactions were smooth and tracked what I would have done.
I know we aren't there yet, but as an FSD tester you can DEFINITELY see the light at the end of the tunnel now. This thing is good. Really good.

No - you want people who are absolutely and uncritically supportive of everything and anything Tesla/Elon does.
Not true. That’s your perception. It’s not my reality.
Where did I say anything about politics in that post ?
Let me quote you:

The way you talk - no one should criticize a president (except for ex-presidents) and senators (except ex-senators) ?!
You are the one blabbering something about "you can't criticize because you have not run a large company like Tesla". Total BS argument.
Not actually what I said.

Ford going full hybrid, no EV's :)

basically get EV credits for smaller battery pack I guess ... ;) the Tesla killers just killed themselves :)
No, there is not a huge market for Ford EVs GM EVs, Toyota EVs, H/K EVs or even BYD EVs. What if the NA market is not ready for EVs? What if the rest of the US car market is NOT California? What if, most people who want an EV automatically default to Tesla?

Two points, the Tesla brand is that strong, but the majority of the N.A car market is not ready for EVs yet.

Tesla begins making RHD cars in Germany for export to India this year

Looks like Tesla is trying to get some cars on the road in India before opening a factory.

India last month slashed the import tax rate on certain electric vehicles if their makers invest at least $500 million in the country and start production there within three years. The move is a win for Tesla which had lobbied for months for lower taxes, but faced resistance from local carmakers.
"The right-hand drive cars which will be allocated to India, they have started building them," one of the people said, with some cars due to be shipped to India by the end of the year.

Halo effect.
1712240502871.png

Hey, I hang out in that “other” thread mostly and am indeed curious why TSLA is green and didn’t fill ‘that’ gap. What can you share about that?
Simply. Neither you nor I are privy to ‘the plan’ happening behind the scenes.

I have mentioned in the past that I had an opportunity to speak with a couple of the ‘house representatives’ a few years back. They reached out because they saw my portfolio. Yeah. Surprise. I’m a nobody and yet they knew all about my investment in TSLA.

The whole experience was eye opening. They were summarily told to go pound sand. I wholeheartedly embrace the saying, money is the root of all kinds of evil.

There’s a wonderful thread on the forum detailing the history of a Canadian company that was being systematically attacked in an attempt to bankrupt it. You might find some answers you seek in it. The name of the company escapes me and I can’t find the forum member’s exact name - Jessee something I think. Dodger will know for sure what I’m talking about. Probably several other members.

Agreed. Not all gaps get filled or need to.

Just wondering what wisdom @Krugerrand can share about recent TSLA price action.
Become obnoxiously rich or powerful in some meaningful way and you’ll be recruited into the (peripheral) of the fold. But know you’ll be nothing more than a tool.

Last edited:
Simply. Neither you nor I are privy to ‘the plan’ happening behind the scenes.

I have mentioned in the past that I had an opportunity to speak with a couple of the ‘house representatives’ a few years back. They reached out because they saw my portfolio. Yeah. Surprise. I’m a nobody and yet they knew all about my investment in TSLA.

The whole experience was eye opening. They were summarily told to go pound sand. I wholeheartedly embrace the saying, money is the root of all kinds of evil.

There’s a wonderful thread on the forum detailing the history of a Canadian company that was being systematically attacked in an attempt to bankrupt it. You might find some answers you seek in it. The name of the company escapes me and I can’t find the forum member’s exact name - Jessee something I think. Dodger will know for sure what I’m talking about. Probably several other members.

@jesselivenomore

Interesting read on Canadian Fairfax (and SolarCity, of course) that was targeted by short sellers...

Last edited:
No, there is not a huge market for Ford EVs GM EVs, Toyota EVs, H/K EVs or even BYD EVs. What if the NA market is not ready for EVs? What if the rest of the US car market is NOT California? What if, most people who want an EV automatically default to Tesla?

Two points, the Tesla brand is that strong, but the majority of the N.A car market is not ready for EVs yet.

By the same logic, there is a large market for hybrids ?

If EV incentives went away, would they transition to hybrids from ICE or just stay with ICE?

There is always a market for cheap cars .. it's just that only tesla can make them as EVs. Others can't so they kinda giving up. Customer will not even care if it is made in China or if it electric
cheers!!