Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like this forum should really be a constant party...for the path of humanity going to Mars over the next 2 decades. Meanwhile, celebrating Elon Musk and team with all their various achievements getting to Mars.

Yet, its not.
Is there something about that key words “Tesla” “TSLA” and “investment” that are hard to understand? Mars is OT. Elon worship is OT. Please carry it elsewhere.

Is there something about that key words “Tesla” “TSLA” and “investment” that are hard to understand? Mars is OT. Elon worship is OT. Please carry it elsewhere.
In times like these it does feel somewhat relevant as sometimes looking at Musks actions through this lens is the best way to gain insight into what’s going on.

Musk has more than once commented on how close Tesla came to deaths door over the years. And that Tesla is a key part of his plans to colonize mars. I think in the absence of really knowing what’s going on right now inside tesla remembering that ultimately teslas ability to fund Musks mars ambitions is good to remember when you fear he might “leave the company” or “kill the company is a crazy gamble”.

Hello! I hope you're ok. It connects to my long-term thesis and the joy around the teams generating products/services that are improving lives on their path towards their mission.

Do you have any joy in your life concerning exciting investments that are making people's lives better and insanely lucrative on a path towards a ridiculously awesome mission?

In times like these it does feel somewhat relevant as sometimes looking at Musks actions through this lens is the best way to gain insight into what’s going on.

Musk has more than once commented on how close Tesla came to deaths door over the years. And that Tesla is a key part of his plans to colonize mars. I think in the absence of really knowing what’s going on right now inside tesla remembering that ultimately teslas ability to fund Musks mars ambitions is good to remember when you fear he might “leave the company” or “kill the company is a crazy gamble”.
Yeah for sure it is relevant in that sense. In the sense the poster wants? not at all. There is enough silliness here, and frothing about the Mars Mission To Save Humanity is just way too much. Indeed, Elon needs to bear down on Tesla and saving humanity here by reducing hydrocarbon use. Much better use of his brainpower and def OT.

I guess its better to not know anything and just accept the stock dump. (NVDA)

Reactions: Ellec and Linkmeup
They are building unprofitable EVs that will be paperweights once FSD comes to europe. Oh and where is their supercharger network? Thats right, they dont have one. Maybe if they actually stopped spending all their software time on STILL working out how to cheat emissions tests, they might actually have a snowballs chance in a supernova of getting some decent autonomous software.
You say there is no hurry? Are you serious? You do know that Europe is setting dates to absolutely BAN making new ICE vehicles right? The legacy European auto companies are driving head first into a ditch, all while people like yourself say 'very sensible...no hurry'.
This is comical.
FYI, about that drop dead date................................Never trust politicians.

Their sales are increasing, while Tesla's are decreasing.

As I understand it, if a company's sales are continuing to increase, only, doing so at a lower rate than before, their sales are still increasing. It is only their "rate of increase" that is decreasing.

As has been presented several times in this forum, it is EXPECTED for the percent of EVs being sold by the leading manufacturers to taper off over time as other manufacturers grow their share in the market and as ICE sales move ever further toward zero percent.

The leading EV manufacturers will continue to lead, despite the natural and expected reduction in their percentage of sales as the EV market grows.

Last edited:
FYI, about that drop dead date................................Never trust politicians.

Model Y is the best selling car in the world and that's without a ban within the next 10 years. I doubt this lifeline will stop the path of EV domination.

Also only allowed to be sold after 2035 if the ICE cars are powered by E-Fuels, I guess that means Hydrogen?

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 14.54.05.png

Last edited:
Yeah for sure it is relevant in that sense. In the sense the poster wants? not at all. There is enough silliness here, and frothing about the Mars Mission To Save Humanity is just way too much. Indeed, Elon needs to bear down on Tesla and saving humanity here by reducing hydrocarbon use. Much better use of his brainpower and def OT.

Hello! Have you listened to the earnings calls? Most investors do! He dislodged "Climate Change" and "Saving humanity" from Tesla's mission about 1-2 years ago during an earnings call (when announcing 4680 plans and every invitee being in a model 3 for that meeting).

Sustainability means a lot to a lot of different people. With that statement during an earnings call, it took me some time to change my long-term thesis towards Mars. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

Mars is on topic for long term Tesla success in my opinion. Tesla and SpaceX are sister companies whose successes compound on each other. Many reasons why this is important. If SpaceX actually gets manned missions to Mars happening in the next decade then that's probably going to be a positive for Tesla.

Last edited:
So I am wondering why is Tesla down today. I open up my Yahoo front page to find.....

And of course CNBC

good to remember when you fear he might “leave the company” or “kill the company is a crazy gamble”.

Also important to remember that the stock is not the company. The company is fine, never better. With the low stock price, Elon either saves the company money on payroll taxes, or he buys shares to take his desired level of control of the company on the cheap. Shortie is handing him what he needs.

In my case, FSD drove a little TOO carefully. I got rear ended this weekend, while waiting for FSD 12.3.4 to decide (in its hesitating, on again off again way) to make a right turn into traffic. The car behind me probably saw my car pull partially into traffic (which it did), then slow/stop (which it did) because of cars in the next lane (not the lane I was entering). My best guess is, the other driver likely looked left for incoming cars as they accelerated right into my back bumper, on the assumption that I was still in motion. Ouch. Will need a new liftgate and new plastic bumper - it's broken and I can see the big square looking metal pipe thing underneath that presumably actually absorbs the bigger shocks. (Low speed: no injuries at all thankfully).
FSD is really safe, but the over-abundance of caution is unnatural (to all but Driving School students) and can cause problems.
And before naysayers chime in: Yes, I am responsible for the behavior of the car during FSD, and I was paying attention and very on edge about its indecisive behavior. I had already goosed the accelerator once earlier on that drive, due to impatience in entering a clear lane that had partial view obstruction. And yes, the person behind me, by accelerating without looking, is responsible for rear-ending me. So in terms of actual responsibility, it lies with the humans. I want to also make the point, made to me very clearly this weekend, that indecision shown by FSD at times can also be unsafe.
I am not sure if the hit itself disengaged FSD, or if my likely reaction of hitting the brake disengaged it, but I can at least hope my chagrin (my beautiful Y is now no longer pristine) and hassle gave Tesla at least one useful data point.
Yes, still a fan of FSD, but I will choose much more carefully when I engage it. It had given me a great 10 mile drive on Friday, and I was feeling confident in it from that, but my Saturday was ... not so joyous. I'm hoping my beloved blue dragon will be healed soon.
it is possible that you may have been rear ended either way ... FSD or no FSD

it is possible that you may have been rear ended either way ... FSD or no FSD
It is possible, but in this case, less likely. I could clearly see the oncoming traffic, and I expect I would have accelerated around the turn into my new lane without stopping again, whereas FSD accelerated out, then slowed greatly (honestly not sure if it stopped or not; I _think_ it slowed greatly). It was that slowdown IMO that fooled the person behind me, at the very moment they would likely have been looking left for oncoming cars.