Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most times, the correct explanation for something is the simplest. The company is under revenue pressure and is cutting expenses. That's what is going on here. It's not a sudden revelation about the supercharging team, or any of the other teams. It's straightforward cost cutting with the usual vague rationalizations from management you get about these sorts of things. The only question is whether it's cutting those expenses in a responsible way to protect the interests of the company. There isn't some grand new vision, some sort of beast mode on AI or RT or whatever.
Given the supercharger network was a key factor in my last two vehicle purchases I tend to worry cutting that team is shortsighted. Others can make honest guesses in another direction. But know they are no better than guesses.
The current problems popping up in media about the New York sites getting cancelled and construction at the Texas sites halted seem like they could be relatively minor blips as the company makes a transition to a team with a different structure. This is exactly what you would expect under such an abrupt transition.
For now I'm still 4x on most of my TSLA and not about to sell. But it's hard no worry re: superchargers.

WTF does this matter. WTF.DOES.THIS.MATTER?

He just gutted an important part of this company and he's on there with crap like this, meanwhile, us investors have been talking our heads off on here about his decision making. MAYBE, he should be posting and letting his shareholders know what his plans are...

He just gutted an important part of this company and he's on there with crap like this, meanwhile, us investors have been talking our heads off on here about his decision making. MAYBE, he should be posting and letting his shareholders know what his plans are...

It doesn't, so why post it here?

Most times, the correct explanation for something is the simplest. The company is under revenue pressure and is cutting expenses. That's what is going on here. It's not a sudden revelation about the supercharging team, or any of the other teams. It's straightforward cost cutting with the usual vague rationalizations from management you get about these sorts of things. The only question is whether it's cutting those expenses in a responsible way to protect the interests of the company. There isn't some grand new vision, some sort of beast mode on AI or RT or whatever.
Given the supercharger network was a key factor in my last two vehicle purchases I tend to worry cutting that team is shortsighted. Others can make honest guesses in another direction. But know they are no better than guesses.
The current problems popping up in media about the New York sites getting cancelled and construction at the Texas sites halted seem like they could be relatively minor blips as the company makes a transition to a team with a different structure. This is exactly what you would expect under such an abrupt transition.
For now I'm still 4x on most of my TSLA and not about to sell. But it's hard no worry re: superchargers.

Glad to see you are keeping an open mind and considering all the reasons it might be good, and not favoring confirmation bias for dramatic effect
:rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
I must give you credit...you seem to not waiver and are constantly adding to your position. IMO, you'll justifiably feel like a genius in a few years.
Not taking full credit, I swing between a having a full load to hoping the recession doesn't happen now in too deep with TSLA mode.

I also have 1 share of Beyond Meat for the occasional meal. That’s the “other one”. Earnings on the 8th and their latest product is sold out. Not Advice. They remind me of Tesla in some ways, not quite on the quality front, but the cause and demand exists.

There is very likely a back-story and more context to this which might explain this bit of fun on his part.

Whether it has anything to do with an investment discussion is the better WTF to be asking.

Intel is also cutting heads left and right as they move to become a Foundary operation and need some SERIOUS cost savings to compete with TSMC and the like. INTC is a commonly held stock, but I don't hear the masses complaining about which specific departments are getting rolled.

I think you are letting them get to folks here, just my honest thoughts coming to the surface.

Screenshot_20240502_092156_X.jpg

Intel is also cutting heads left and right as they move to become a Foundary operation and need some SERIOUS cost savings to compete with TSMC and the like. INTC is a commonly held stock, but I don't hear the masses complaining about which specific departments are getting rolled.

I think you are letting them get to folks here, just my honest thoughts coming to the surface.

Can you cite any entire, profitable, groups that were laid off completely? If not this is a poor analogy.

A broad 'everyone cut 10% of staff' is a routine thing in tech companies.

Firing entire LOB teams- especially ones making you money- not so routine.

Sometime a post is blatantly objectively factually inaccurate.
And sometimes the post has been debunked before one gets to it.
In those situations, it a thumbs down on the former and a thumbs up on the latter not the most effective course of action?
That approach remains, to me, not conversation or discussion, but a popularity/non-popularity poll.
AND FURTHERMORE, this entire thread incontrovertibly would be so blessedly better off if everyone read up to the most recent post before contributing anything. One of the most tiresome features of content here is having to be exposed to Yet Again Breaking News! coming for the 3rd…4th…umpteenth time, plus all the responses of same. And so…..

IF YOU HAVE JUST found a story, some news flash, a Hot Tip, and want to share it here, DO NOT do so before scrolling back through, at an absolute minimum, the prior forty posts. The odds are phenomenally bad that you are the first to be bringing it up.

1. He did post what his plans are.
2. He doesn't need to post what his plans are as it was confidential information.

Can you cite any entire, profitable, groups that were laid off completely? If not this is a poor analogy.

A broad 'everyone cut 10% of staff' is a routine thing in tech companies.

Firing entire LOB teams- especially ones making you money- not so routine.
The Supercharger maintenance team is still at Tesla doing their job. I would argue they are the team making Tesla money.

The team expanding the network is the team costing Tesla money. (And depending on the deals they make may result in making money in the future, but payback is probably a long way out.)